gameboy virtual console save help

the_otsutsuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, i'm trying to find a way to convert my pokemon crystal save from my modded dsi to my modded 3ds. i know how to use godmode9 and all that stuff but the save file size on the 3ds is 128kb and the save file for my dsi is 33kb. is there a converter i can put it through that will work for me ?

EDIT- forgot to mention that this save file is for my gameboy color virtual console pokemon crystal

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Use an emulator on pc, like virtual boy and load the save and then dump it later, maybe that will help you

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i know how to use godmode9 and all that stuff
Do you? Godmode9 is only necessary for managing Game Boy advance saves. Did you use Godmode9 to get this 128kb file? Because then you might be working with the packaged save data

If you are trying to manipulate a virtual console save for a GBC game, you should be using Checkpoint or JKSM.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, i'm trying to find a way to convert my pokemon crystal save from my modded dsi to my modded 3ds. i know how to use godmode9 and all that stuff but the save file size on the 3ds is 128kb and the save file for my dsi is 33kb. is there a converter i can put it through that will work for me ?

EDIT- forgot to mention that this save file is for my gameboy color virtual console pokemon crystal
Are you going from DSi (emulator GBC save) to 3DS (GBC VC save)? Or the reverse?
What format the DSi save is in?

the_otsutsuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you? Godmode9 is only necessary for managing Game Boy advance saves. Did you use Godmode9 to get this 128kb file? Because then you might be working with the packaged save data

If you are trying to manipulate a virtual console save for a GBC game, you should be using Checkpoint or JKSM.
ok theres my mistake then. ill try using checkpoint to access my save data

the_otsutsuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you going from DSi (emulator GBC save) to 3DS (GBC VC save)? Or the reverse?
What format the DSi save is in?
yes im going from my dsi gba runner save and trying to move it to my gbc vc save. the format for the dsi save is a .sav file and my 3ds save is a sav.dat

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my 3ds save is a sav.dat
So, is that the 128kb file you got with Godmode9, or is that a different file you got with Checkpoint?

(In any case, you are absolutely not the first person to try something like this and I'm sure you'll find some more information with some Googling.)

the_otsutsuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is that the 128kb file you got with Godmode9, or is that a different file you got with Checkpoint?

(In any case, you are absolutely not the first person to try something like this and I'm sure you'll find some more information with some Googling.)
no i figured it out, i used jksm to access the save and it was what i needed to use in pkhex. thanks guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)