Gamecube and N64 - best methods to play?

grandosegood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

i'm trying to get the best methods for playing gamecube and n64 games on the wii u. i currently have my wii u modded with haxchi (planning to properly uninstall and go with tiramisu), and vWii is not modded. so far, my research suggests the following:

for gamecube, you can (1) use nintendont as a wii u forwarder with gamepad support, then load you can load your game from the SD card with various controller support. you could also (2) make the gamecube game a VC injection (still using nintendont on the sd card) so that they can one-press launch from the wii u menu and be stored on the wii u hard drive. the downsides for option 2 are, you will lose usb access (thus no official gamecube adapter support) and the ability to edit some options from the nintendont menu.

for N64, you can (1) use official VC releases, which vary in quality/performance, (2) use not64/wii64 with a wii u forwarder so that it launches the emulators from wii u menu to vWii mode with gamepad support, and load your games from SD card, (3) inject n64 games to wii u menu (not64/wii64 still on the sd card) so that you can one-press launch them from the wii u menu.

it seems like gamecube would prefer option 1 so that you can get usb support to use the official gamecube adapter (along with other controllers including gamepad), and N64 would prefer option 2. can anyone share some input? Thanks.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For GameCube, I use option 2 and Nintendont can see USB devices fine, as long as they are either storage or HID.

The only problem is that if you have any HID USB devices plugged in while Nintendont is booting, it will freeze (probably because its trying to access them as storage)

So you have to open the game on the Wii U Menu first, wait for it to boot Nintendont and only then plug your Game Cube Adapter or USB controllers, ...and you have to unplug everything everytime you want to go back to the Wii U Menu and boot another game

I wonder if there's a fix for this, considering that using this method your games are being loaded from the Wii U hard drive, so there's no need to look for USB storage devices.

Last edited by MG4M3R,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?