Hacking Gaming Xenoblade Chronicles X - Lifeline and Enhancement Mod

rumpl9t5l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As many of you know, Nintendo will shut down the online server for the WiiU on April 8. For games like Xenoblade Chronicles X (XCX) it does not only mean that it’s online
capabilities will be hampered, but also parts of single player. To remedy the effects of the later I’ve decided to mod the game a little bit.

What does this mod do?

1. Preserving online missions and enhancing support and time attack missions

- A selection of the online missions from squad tasks have been transferred to the support category, which is still available offline. That means that you can still earn tickets for those missions.
- The global nemesis missions have been transferred to the time attack category. (still tweaking them)
- You can now use skells in all time attack missions.
- Due to space limits, the old support missions have been kicked except for one (the last miranium money mission). All their benefits have been incorporated into several other missions. Now all missions, support and time attack, yield affinity (about 20 missions yielded one heart).
- The drop rates of materials are no longer based on luck and quantities have been increased. this should make farming for glyphs easier.
- If some of you know the XCX-Cut-Content-Mod, my mod also restores the cut time attack missions.

2. Casual wear is now really for fashion only
Selling junk in the shop was always a problem in this game because the filters weren’t very good. And if casual wear is in between, that you want to keep, it is very difficult to go fast through and sell everything worthless. Casual wear has now been modified to have only 1 defense. This puts it always at the bottom of every category. All of it (except buyable stuff) has a slot so you could put augments in them as a failsafe for accidentally selling. Character name armor is now considered to be casual wear too.

3. Several augments have been tweaked (work in progress)
- Chances for skell melee auto-attack augments have been raised. Any skell auto-attack weapon have been useless compaired to the disklaucher (I'm still trying to figure out how to unglitch that one). Doubling the chances for skell melee auto-attack augments should make them more look like an alternativ.
- Treasure sensors have their chance doubled. They are also easier to get now since one of the new support missions has a Millepod. This should allow more armor setups.

4. Appendages targeting tweaks
- Only Sakuraba and Meredith m-missiles could self-target appendages. Now Granada Galactic and Orphean m-missiles and Sakuraba and Meredith s-missiles can do that too. The
damage attribute of those missiles have been changed to represent their makers more.
SA: thermal GG: beam ME: ether GA: gravity
- I intend to change every other guided-multi-warhead-single-target-system to have this ability.
- From the regular arts only fire carnival could self-target appendages. Now missile volley can do it too.

5. Weapons and Armor tweaks
- Phoenix get nerfed. the Phoenix was overpowered even compared to the superweapon alternatives. Fuel consumption have been raised to 1000 and range
reduced by 25%.
- Work in progress. More nerfs and enhancments will come.

6. Story tweaks
- Several regular missions have been shifted from chapter 9 to chapter 7.
- (still working on) The flight model can now be acquired in chapter 7 because Marcus is clearly using it
during chapter 8 and off the record missions can be finished sooner.
Not working because the quest icon doesn't spawn before chapter 9. Will be reversed in the next update.
- Phog and Frye can I have their reunion mission in chapter 7. This will give earlier access to their special arts.
- Boze’s and HB’s missions can now be finished in chapter 7 to get their skells sooner.
- Alexa’s skell can now be acquired in chapter 9.
- I intend to make Ares70 available in chapter 9 and the Lvl60 and Ares90 skells in chapter 9 to 11.

7. Probe enhancement.
- Are you also sick of mining more miranium then your storage can take? Storage probes now have a capacity of 10,000 instead of 3000. Booster probe I doubles efficiency. Booster probe II triples efficiency.

Installation instructions
• To install the mod you need a hacked WiiU with the app “FTPiiU everywhere” (can be downloaded with the hb app) and the full game EUR or US with DLCs. For those who have problems with the last I strongly recommend WiiU USBhelper before Nintendo abandons the WiiU completely.
• Download all bdat.parts and extract bdat.cpk.
• Your WiiU needs access to your network.
• Open "FTPiiU everywhere" on the WiiU. You should see an IP address.
• Open an Explorer window in Windows and type into the address bar “ftp://<ip address the WiiU displays>

Example: ftp://192.168.172.31

• Now navigate to the game directory.
- If it is installed on the WiiU it is in “storage_mlc -> usr -> title -> 0005000e -> 101c4c00 -> content
- If it is installed on an USB device it is in “storage_usb -> usr -> title -> 0005000e -> 101c4c00 -> content
• Past the bdat.cpk in their and click yes, when asked to replace.

Many thanks goes to
threethan: Author of the XCX-Cut-Content-Mod and maker of BdatEditor+
Thealexbarney: the maker of the original BdatEditor and xenoblade data index

Attachments

• bdat.part01.rar
    5 MB · Views: 5
  • bdat.part02.rar
  • bdat.part03.rar
    5 MB · Views: 7
  • bdat.part04.rar
  • bdat.part05.rar
    5 MB · Views: 4
  • bdat.part06.rar
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by rumpl9t5l,

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It would be nice to have 2 versions:
1. Integrated cut content + no more available online content
2. Same + custom changes: sell prices \ nerfs and e.t.c.

rumpl9t5l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be nice to have 2 versions:
1. Integrated cut content + no more available online content
2. Same + custom changes: sell prices \ nerfs and e.t.c.

Sorry, but I won't do me that work. The bdat file is a big container of files that interact with each other and sadly the mod-tools available can only edit them as a whole. Each entry must be made manually (no copy and past possible). I won't do the work to keep track of thousands of edits in separate files.

As for the cut contend missions you can easily identify them by their description. It only says something like "multiquestSQ#". Currently the mod-tools don't allow me to add more characters to a text. Therefore those descriptions will remain.

All other edits have been mentioned above.

Reactions: k7ra

moltonasty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I run this on a disc copy of the game via sdcafiine or must it be via a dumped copy only? I tried but I can't tell if the mod is working as expected, support missions are still not showing up on the terminal.

rumpl9t5l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Support missions should always show up. It does not matter if it is mine or the original ones. If you can't see the support missions there is a problem with the DLCs not been recognized correctly. I had these problems with the disc game too.

My mod is based on the game with full DLCs.

I strongly suggest that you slot in at least a usb flash drive with 64+ GB and install the base game, DLCs and patches via "usb helper" (search the forum) onto it. The game will run a lot smoother and you won't have so much headache with game dumps and sd card limits. You can also install it onto the wiiu but it will limit your space greatly as the game is about 30 GB big.

Last edited by rumpl9t5l,
Reactions: moltonasty

rumpl9t5l

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SDCaffine is not really a better option. Equally complicated as data replace plus the inject make things more unstable, provide a new source of concern, if someone has problems, and mess up saves, if the inject fails. For something as simple as bdat replacement that is not an alternative.

In the coming update I will add the original bdat for those who didn't make a backup.

• Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol