HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never adjusted my pot either. According to some forum that I forgot who I talked too....basically I have a Sony DVD burner which when it writes to my Ritek G04 the Gamecube says its bad, skips whatever. However I found a pack of Fuji/TDK+R's that work perfect. Now if I use my pioneer DVD burner with the Ritek G04 my gamecube reads em fine hence why I said finding your burner to media combination.

5uck3rpunch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never adjusted my pot either. According to some forum that I forgot who I talked too....basically I have a Sony DVD burner which when it writes to my Ritek G04 the Gamecube says its bad, skips whatever. However I found a pack of Fuji/TDK+R's that work perfect. Now if I use my pioneer DVD burner with the Ritek G04 my gamecube reads em fine hence why I said finding your burner to media combination.

Sounds like great advice! Thanx!
bow.gif

crumpster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a qoob pro installed in mine and I'm very happy with it. All my backups play fine. The support is pretty much dead for it though, but you can still find help on maxconsole if you really need it.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking of getting a Max Drive for my backups, I have no soldering expierence at all. Is it possible that a new version of GCOS could get rid of the need to swap? I have no problem swapping discs though, because don't you have to go over to the GameCube to turn it on to begin with anyways?

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
there's no way to boot into gcom/gcos without using the max drive pro disc (not that i know)...so you have to swap. unless there's something you can do to boot directly from a mem card

5uck3rpunch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered my Max Drive Pro today thanx to all of the help! Now to find the Mini DVD's for a good price. Going to try & find them local before mail order.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking all, "OH SHIT. SOLDERING? I'M SO BAD AT IT. I DON'T WANT TO DO IT". Then I realised I really should so I took the plunge and bought Viper Extreme. Surprisingly easy to solder as long as you have a little basic knowledge. I guess I should've known that soldering wouldn't be the hard part. It was actually getting the goddamn games to run. The mini DVDS I bought were crap and I spent ages fiddling about with the laser until I thought, "screw this" and bought G04 DVD-R and a full sized DVD case. No DRE... so far.

5uck3rpunch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking all, "OH SHIT. SOLDERING? I'M SO BAD AT IT. I DON'T WANT TO DO IT". Then I realised I really should so I took the plunge and bought Viper Extreme. Surprisingly easy to solder as long as you have a little basic knowledge. I guess I should've known that soldering wouldn't be the hard part. It was actually getting the goddamn games to run. The mini DVDS I bought were crap and I spent ages fiddling about with the laser until I thought, "screw this" and bought G04 DVD-R and a full sized DVD case. No DRE... so far.

Good job!
grog.gif
Another case where persistance pays off!

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
for discs...i have great luck with fugi branded stuff (ritek dye), and verbatim "digital movie" dvd-r's. the radio shack branded (nexxtech) ones work for me too.

mcsquared

Trophies
XP
Country
datawrite titanium full size work great for me, i even overburn them at 12x (only 8x discs) i play with the top off because im too mean to buy a new lid lol - does anyone know where i can sell a xenoGC, dont think i can put it on eGay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1