OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
K thnx u guys I just have a few questions:
Can anyone give me downloads to CubeDoom and SDLoad?

Also, and this is kind of off-topic, but I have a Luigi's Mansion ISO that is 1,460,305,920 bytes! Now, if any of you don't know why this is a big deal, it's because apparently ALL unmodified gamecube games are supposed to be 1,459,978,240 bytes. If they are any less, you are supposed to use FSTFIX to put in all of the extra code that was taken off. I've never heard of having too much data though, should I run FSTFIX? I mean, will this even fit on a mini dvd-r? That would be pretty crappy if it wouldn't run because of a Megabyte of extra data...

I can confirm that this ISO runs perfectly fine in Dolphin.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have found something that might be of help to you, if you can't solder, there is an alternate install method below:
xenogcaltinstallationrp7.jpg

If you notice, all the points are holes in the circuit board. This is quite convenient for any newbies like myself and yourself as you can just stick a piece of wire in each hole and then attach the other end of the wire to your xeno Chip and get it working. I am currently trying this method as it appears promising.

dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have found something that might be of help to you, if you can't solder, there is an alternate install method below:
xenogcaltinstallationrp7.jpg

If you notice, all the points are holes in the circuit board. This is quite convenient for any newbies like myself and yourself as you can just stick a piece of wire in each hole and then attach the other end of the wire to your xeno Chip and get it working. I am currently trying this method as it appears promising.
Lol golden I was just about to ask you if you got it to work after I saw your post on tehskeen.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am trying it currently. Will post on both forums to tell you guys how it went.

Are you going to be doing this method? Seems really easier and a lot more solder and hassle free IMO.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did work. Now, my gamecube does not either. Wouldn't recommend mod chips PERIOD. Unless it is a wii with a wLip which requires no soldering.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I really need help. Where can I buy the Xeno GC chip? Foundmy is apparently untrustworthy, so please help! One that comes with a Gamebit screwdriver would be nice, maybe an option to buy blank Minis...

dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bought my Xeno GC from psxbox.com (the modchip-selling spinoff site of psxboy.net). It came in about 2 weeks, and was only $14 w/ shipping
blink.gif
)

I *think* my install workz too. I can't burn any backups b/c I don't have any good dvds, but the chip powers on and seems to work. If i hit start on a regular disc bootup, the screen goes fuzzy and if I hit a it says Loading... NTSC in blue letters at the top. I have heard this is due to the fact that the xeno plays the menu in PAL output format, and my TV can't siplay that.

Also, a word of advice; the new xeno (version 2.0) is the one that most sites now sell. There is a major difference usually nopt discussed in forums. instead of a green and red LED, it is now orange and red. (I'm colorblind and can't really tell the difference, but my dad insists there are 2 different colors, he calls the orange "a sort of amber", and I've confirmed this on other forums as well.) Unfortunately, I may have to get a new burner, but we'll see if I can't get some burns going with some Ritek G04's.

As i said I'm PRETTY sure my chip is installed right. The one backup I did try was NTSC Ikaruga on a full-sized DVD-R (VERY crapy brand on the cover it just says "GQ Great Quality".)

Anyway, when i run the disc in helicopter mode, it just goes black after the gamecube sign loads, so idk what that is.

Any help, or input greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmonkey21 said:
Bought my Xeno GC from psxbox.com (the modchip-selling spinoff site of psxboy.net). It came in about 2 weeks, and was only $14 w/ shipping
blink.gif
)

I *think* my install workz too. I can't burn any backups b/c I don't have any good dvds, but the chip powers on and seems to work. If i hit start on a regular disc bootup, the screen goes fuzzy and if I hit a it says Loading... NTSC in blue letters at the top. I have heard this is due to the fact that the xeno plays the menu in PAL output format, and my TV can't siplay that.

Also, a word of advice; the new xeno (version 2.0) is the one that most sites now sell. There is a major difference usually nopt discussed in forums. instead of a green and red LED, it is now orange and red. (I'm colorblind and can't really tell the difference, but my dad insists there are 2 different colors, he calls the orange "a sort of amber", and I've confirmed this on other forums as well.) Unfortunately, I may have to get a new burner, but we'll see if I can't get some burns going with some Ritek G04's.

As i said I'm PRETTY sure my chip is installed right. The one backup I did try was NTSC Ikaruga on a full-sized DVD-R (VERY crapy brand on the cover it just says "GQ Great Quality".)

Anyway, when i run the disc in helicopter mode, it just goes black after the gamecube sign loads, so idk what that is.

Any help, or input greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

Everyone is saying psxbox.net, but it doesn't look safe...

Are you seriously colorblind? Can you see any color?

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Being colourblind can mean that you see colours wrongly too.

I'm slightly colourblind in that I have difficulty differentiating between blues and greens. My uncle has he same problem with reds and greens.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gblock247 said:
Will any of the products on this page allow you to play GC backups? http://us.codejunkies.com/Departments/GCN.aspx or is a modchip the only way to go? Thanks.

Edit: Found this website for those in the states: http://www.damodfather.com/index.php Send an email and if I get services done I'll be sure to post a review
smile.gif
I think you can: Using GameCube SD Media Launcher (Go here for booting on a AR) and put the GCOS .dol file on your SD card (GOOGLE IT!!!) and it may work(I haven't done it myself). Just Google "Gamecube GCOS".

EDIT: For booting GCOS on AR you still need a SD adapter. To make yourself one go here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1