tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heej tempers,
I have a gamcube with a xenogc chip installed. I also tweaked the laser pot. My cube had a factory setting of 400 ohm!! which is very high, I lowered it to 180 but I still get dre's... I am using high quality media such fujifilm 16x r's and samsung pleomax 16x r's

What setting do you guy's advise me? under 180 ohms>?

Thanks!
smile.gif

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same setup.

My factory ohm was around 400 as well.

I've adjusted my pot from 400 all the way down to 80 in increments of 10.
Even trying the same games through all these adjustments, I still get DRE's.

I'm very frustrated. I realize different media and all that. I've been modding systems since the Saturn. But these are the best RITEK04. They don't DRE on the Wii (wiikey).

By the way, the recommended ohm setting is 170 to 220.

I'm not having any luck, but you should try burning at a faster speed if you're burning really slowly.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do RWs even play on a GC okay? I'd try some non-rewritable discs personally.

I use Verbatim (MCC) 8cm DVDs burnt at 4x and they work like a charm, never had to touch the pot, I might just be lucky lol.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oeps I didn't mean rw's... I have +r's! but isn't 80 to low? Can't it damage your laser? I will try verbatim discs.. maybe that helps..

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmmm well i have to -r's and when I insert them and want to burn an gc iso it refuses the disc
frown.gif
and i've got a nec 2500 burner wich isn't that old!

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was having DREs alot when I first got my XenoGC modded cube. I was going to tweak the pot but just got a fullsize DVDR case mod instead. Haven't had a DRE since I started using fullsized dvd media. If all else fails, give that a try.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was having DREs alot when I first got my XenoGC modded cube. I was going to tweak the pot but just got a fullsize DVDR case mod instead. Haven't had a DRE since I started using fullsized dvd media. If all else fails, give that a try.
I would guess he is already using full sized media since you cannot buy 8cm DVD+Rs.

tjas - The Nec 2500 is pretty old, they were made in 2004! You should update the firmware on your DVD Writer if you havn't already - I also see some hacked firmware for your drive that allows burning of dual layer DVDs so it might be worth checking out to see if there are any updates that improve disc compatibility. Even so I don't imagine the drive will be able to handle all of the discs about today. The writer supports DVD-R but the fact that you can't burn them is because your DVD Writer is old and is having problems recognising the disc codes. Also remember that the DVD lens will wear out with use, so that could also be giving you poor burns.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would guess he is already using full sized media since you cannot buy 8cm DVD+Rs.

tjas - The Nec 2500 is pretty old, they were made in 2004! You should update the firmware on your DVD Writer if you havn't already - I also see some hacked firmware for your drive that allows burning of dual layer DVDs so it might be worth checking out to see if there are any updates that improve disc compatibility. Even so I don't imagine the drive will be able to handle all of the discs about today. The writer supports DVD-R but the fact that you can't burn them is because your DVD Writer is old and is having problems recognising the disc codes. Also remember that the DVD lens will wear out with use, so that could also be giving you poor burns.
Hmm yeah time goes fast!
wink.gif
My laptop can burn -dvd r's. I was wondering there is an unofficial bios for the cube gcos i believe, would installig this help? If it does how do i install it with a xeno chip? I'm a real noob when it comes to gamecube modding knowlidge. I use fullsize dvd's btw. I will look for an updat efor my nec burner.

Thanks for al the help! I really apprieciate it!

acky

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think my pot is at about 150-155. If you can read originals okay, then it must be the media.

Verbs and Riteks have never failed. All other media I've tried has not worked 100%.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1