Gameplay overview trailer for 'Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground' released

warham.jpg

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground is an upcoming turn-based combat game based on Games Workshop’s “Age of Sigmar” IP that has been developed by Gasket Games and will be published by Focus Home Interactive. The game lets you choose one of Storm Ground’s three factions as you embark on a quest for victory across battlefields in the realms of Life, Death, and Metal. Both a solo-campaign and multiplayer battles are included in the title and you can find more about the gameplay features in the newly released trailer below:

Each non-linear, procedurally-generated campaign will be a new experience whenever you begin it, meaning an endlessly replayable single-player offering. Multiplayer has you gaining a collection over time as you win more and more battles against other players online, changing your army as you earn more rewards. Those battles are intense, tactical fights across a wide variety of battlefields in the realms of Life, Death, and Metal.

Every tile has tactical relevance, from valuable high ground to aethyr pools brimming with energy and ancient chests filled with secrets and rewards. Use the strengths of your army to gain the upper hand, fighting on advantageous terrain and in situations where you can grasp victory.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground launches on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC on May 27.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't remember the last time I had any real interest in a turn based warhammer game. Procedural generation is the future but so often it means endlessly recycling a few set pieces with some unmemorable connecting paths.

To that end wait and see but cautiously optimistic.

Interesting choices of units, or indeed lack thereof, but I guess it is the usual "we don't have much confidence so we will give you some lesser known factions".

Reactions: Prans

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Can't remember the last time I had any real interest in a turn based warhammer game. Procedural generation is the future but so often it means endlessly recycling a few set pieces with some unmemorable connecting paths.

To that end wait and see but cautiously optimistic.

Interesting choices of units, or indeed lack thereof, but I guess it is the usual "we don't have much confidence so we will give you some lesser known factions".
any recommended video games based in the Warhammer universe? there are so many out there with this overused (abused) IP but the upcoming Necromunda: Hired Gun looks promising!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
any recommended video games based in the Warhammer universe? there are so many out there with this overused (abused) IP but the upcoming Necromunda: Hired Gun looks promising!

I have not played as many as some out there, and have only a passing familiarity with a lot of them.

For the original warhammer... not so many. Though I still really like Warhammer: Dark Omen, and some of the mods for it too. Indeed it is probably what informs more of what I think about such games, or maybe just late 90s such games than most other things (when others were playing Command and Conquer and Starcraft I was playing this and Age of Empires).
Vermintide (think Left4dead warhammer edition) is something people are a fan of, however it very much depends upon the group and does not have the most sticking power for a multiplayer game.
The Total War: Warhammer games quite justifiably have their fans. I think some of the rest of the Total War series is where it is at more for me though.

40K wise. For the RTS side of things this gets fun as mods are very much a thing here and change how things play radically (as in the efforts some modders go here and results achieved make things like Thug Pro and the various remake elder scrolls in other elder scrolls games games look like "I changed the starter pokemon" hacks).
That said do investigate things made by Relic games and the Battlefleet Gothic series if space combat is more your thing.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine I should include as something of a hidden gem. If you liked Vermintide then Space Hulk: Deathwing is sort of the 40k equivalent.

Some of the other turn based games (see Mechanicus) also have something underneath it all that sees people come back, might even be worth comparing to this when it hits.

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
I have not played as many as some out there, and have only a passing familiarity with a lot of them.

For the original warhammer... not so many. Though I still really like Warhammer: Dark Omen, and some of the mods for it too. Indeed it is probably what informs more of what I think about such games, or maybe just late 90s such games than most other things (when others were playing Command and Conquer and Starcraft I was playing this and Age of Empires).
Vermintide (think Left4dead warhammer edition) is something people are a fan of, however it very much depends upon the group and does not have the most sticking power for a multiplayer game.
The Total War: Warhammer games quite justifiably have their fans. I think some of the rest of the Total War series is where it is at more for me though.

40K wise. For the RTS side of things this gets fun as mods are very much a thing here and change how things play radically (as in the efforts some modders go here and results achieved make things like Thug Pro and the various remake elder scrolls in other elder scrolls games games look like "I changed the starter pokemon" hacks).
That said do investigate things made by Relic games and the Battlefleet Gothic series if space combat is more your thing.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine I should include as something of a hidden gem. If you liked Vermintide then Space Hulk: Deathwing is sort of the 40k equivalent.

Some of the other turn based games (see Mechanicus) also have something underneath it all that sees people come back, might even be worth comparing to this when it hits.
thanks! what do you think of Necromunda: Hired Gun from what's been revealed so far? worth giving a shot as an entry to the universe through games?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did reply in that thread.
Has serious potential but I will wait and see what becomes of the mechanics and how they thread it all together (if we just saw all the nice set pieces and that was that then maybe not, if it is but a small sample and done well then that is a different matter, and it does assume it is not going to be clunky mechanics).
The studio behind it came out of the mod making scene and were previously responsible for the Space Hulk Deathwing thing, as well as E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy which was rather experimental and the better for it, but also mechanically not the most polished. That said I am sure they are quite aware of that one so might well be having a look at it.

As far as entry to the universe (technically you have three -- 40K which is sci fi, fantasy which was stopped a few years back but was once the more popular, and now this age of sigmar which took over from the fantasy. They share a handful of concepts, Nurgle mentioned in the trailer above is also one of the main gods of Chaos in 40K) but for the most part. Pick and point and start, or you can watch many of the nice long fan documentary things on your chosen video platforms, or the various wikis. Some serious rabbit holes there if you want -- it started in the 80s and has had thousands of books, game pieces, factions (which all come with massive manuals), videos and more made since.

Couple of nice fan films if you want to go that way

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
I did reply in that thread.
Has serious potential but I will wait and see what becomes of the mechanics and how they thread it all together (if we just saw all the nice set pieces and that was that then maybe not, if it is but a small sample and done well then that is a different matter, and it does assume it is not going to be clunky mechanics).
The studio behind it came out of the mod making scene and were previously responsible for the Space Hulk Deathwing thing, as well as E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy which was rather experimental and the better for it, but also mechanically not the most polished. That said I am sure they are quite aware of that one so might well be having a look at it.

As far as entry to the universe (technically you have three -- 40K which is sci fi, fantasy which was stopped a few years back but was once the more popular, and now this age of sigmar which took over from the fantasy. They share a handful of concepts, Nurgle mentioned in the trailer above is also one of the main gods of Chaos in 40K) but for the most part. Pick and point and start, or you can watch many of the nice long fan documentary things on your chosen video platforms, or the various wikis. Some serious rabbit holes there if you want -- it started in the 80s and has had thousands of books, game pieces, factions (which all come with massive manuals), videos and more made since.

Couple of nice fan films if you want to go that way

awesome thanks! I also look forward to Necromunda as it packs a genre that I'm more inclined to try (FPS RPG) rather than RTS which I'm not a fan of. we'll see how it turns out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto