PlayStation "State of Play" January 31st Roundup - Silent Hill 2 Trailer and Death Stranding 2 announced

PlayStation starts off 2024 with a new State of Play, where we'll get around 40 minutes of announcements and coverage that Sony will have in store for both the PS5 and PS VR2.

Follow us as we cover the live presentation going through each of the announcements!

And we start of!
  • We get a somewhat brief trailer for Helldivers II, full of shots of guns and mechs. Releasing on February 8th.

• Next up we get a woman in red, in a setting where humankind has been forced out of the planet by some unknown creatures, and you and your squad must help save the planet from these creatures, and even sometimes malfunctioning machines, robots or hostile survivors. "Stellar Blade" coming April 26th for PlayStation 5.

• Sonic is next, and we get glimpses of Generations footage, before Shadow appears. The rumours are real, a lot of Shadow-centric footage begins, with glimpses of Biolizard, Black Doom and more. Release date set for Autumn 2024.

• A game that seems similar to that of Splatoon, but with foam instead of ink. Foamstars coming February 6th.

• "Dave The Diver" is next, will come this April.

• The Godzilla theme starts playing, we get a glimpse of Godzilla emerging from the water. Coming May 2024.

• Silent Hill news are coming up, A girl is shown going through alleyways in a first person perspective. Her phone seems to be an important part of the game. We then see monsters and other creatures. "Silent Hill The Short Message", the full game will be free to play.

• Another preview based on Silent Hill, it's the Silent Hill 2 Remake, a full trailer showcasing familiar scenes from the game, and its iconic music by Akira Yamaoka. We get glimpses of the hotel, the departments, as well as James fighting monsters with both melee weapons and guns. No date given yet.

• New game by the creators of Bioshock, with an aesthetic similar to those games, being a first person shooter.

• New title for PlayStation VR2. First person shooter from the Metro franchise "Metro Awakening".

• Another PS VR2 title, this one is set in a medieval setting, with what seems to be magic, swords and other metal weapons as the player fights off skeletons, knights and other creatures. "Legendary Tales" coming February 8th.

• Another medieval-looking game, this time in a 3rd person perspective. We see the character fighting off dragons, minotaurs, ogres and other fantasy creatures. "Dragon's Dogma II" coming up March 22, 2024. Available for pre-order now.

• Next up is "Rise of the Ronin". Seems to be focused on the specific Japan historical era of Bakumatsu, with the player taking control of what seems to be a samurai and being able to move around the town in a fashion similar to that of Assassin's Creed. Sword combat will play an important role in the game. The player will be able to use devices and other weapons to aid in battle. Coming March 22, 2024 for PS5.

• A remaster of "Until Dawn" is shown next, coming to PS5 and PC in 2024.

• A new game by Kojima Productions is teased next, with two characters doing something similar to an autopsy on a corpse with black matter on it that looks to be infectious. Now we are in a ship with a character based on Norman Reedus being shown around the ship. The character then suits up and is paired up with a puppet-like character. The trailer then shows real footage of the character traversing different locales throughout the world, with a plot revolved around saving mankind. The scene changes to the main character being held off by what seems to be a guitar-weapon welding villain, with marks on his face. "Death Stranding 2", coming 2025. We get some words by Hideo Kojima himself about the game.

• To finalize the stream, another State of Play is slated for February 6th, focused on Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.
And that's a wrap! What was your favourite part of the stream?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does it feel like Konami is gonna make Silent Hill: The Short Message after a while? Oh yes, the P.T. demo.

Thank god for file preservation / piracy!

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On one hand, the added Shadow content looks super cool but on the other hand it makes me want them to rerelease Sonic Adventure 2 again so it’s not stuck on my PS3 (would also like to grind the trophies out again)

The title has me rolling though, Sonic x Shadow Generations immediately made me think of Naruto x Boruto Storm Connections

Reactions: Dud

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what, sonic x shadow is a game?? where is the gay sex??
anyway, can't wait for sega to remove the original game from steam, force me to buy a 60 dollar remaster with a DRM that fucks performance, forces me to have an internet connection and destroys 14 years of mods :rolleyes:
To be honest this is the only time where I'd be happy to buy a new version of a game. The current Sonic Generations is a bitch when you need to change screen resolutions on the fly. I do all of my PC gaming on Steam Deck and right now I can only play the game in docked mode.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God that Silent Hill 2 game play looks so unpolished. Graphically it looks nice, but the game play, and combat, ugh, something feels "off".

Reactions: Mike_77712

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up