Haterbait

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
haterbait.com
XP
Country
United States
Simple solution here: Just release 2 version of Xbone. One with DRM and one without! Let consumers decide for themselves with an option. Also, I signed the petition simply to post some sarcastic bs (bored), and after posting, it changed my obviously fake name to a realistic sounding one. Weird... I suppose such is the way a petition works.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are a few things in the original plan that I did welcome - full game installations (so that the disc can be preserved), sharing games among select members aka "your family", games tied to the account, not the system and trading games online (including Digital Downloads, hopefuly) - those are welcome to be reimplemented. Touch my digital rights though and you lost the game, Microsoft. Give people rights, not take them away.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
What kind of retarded gamer would WANT restrictions on their console?
4NrAyA4.png

Reactions: Kippykip

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't be surprised if this group consisted of Microsoft haters that want them to throw in the towel.

No, just people that were looking forward to see what happened when they launched with DRM. The people that complained about the DRM before launch are spoilsports.

I was going to buy a PS4 because it had NO DRM, now that the xbox one doesn't have it either I'll have to buy the PS4 because it's faster than the xbox one.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conspiracy theory:

The petition was made by Microsoft themselves. They are giving each Microsoft employee that signs it $100. There will probably also be some stupid "Gamers" that actually sign it too, but 95% of the signatures are employees paid $100 by Microsoft just to sign it.
......I'd seriously like to see how many of those signatures are tied to Microsoft employees.:unsure:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just facedesked. People can't be that stupid to want something back that actually hurts the system, unless their goal isn't to help the system.

Potential theory - Sony fans intentionally want to hurt what little remains of Microsoft's reputation and give them more notoriety. I don't know if people are seriously that retarded or not, either way, it's all gone to hell.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would only sign such things to be a jerk. As some sort of long dragged out joke that probably only I would fine amusing, and everyone would think I was crazy because of my insane devotion to the project.
For example, the most hilarious situation I can think of, is one where you convince Microsloth to remove it, then later convince them to bring it back, then after all is said and done, make a new petition that states that we're all very sorry, but we've changed out minds and decided we're better off going with our initial feeling.
Then maybe just maybe, write them one more time saying,"No, you are right, we want to be monitored, we want to pay to play used games on our XBOX, we want large corporate entities watching over us, making choices for us, adverting to us, and collecting data on us. We want them to have cameras to scan our rooms and speakers to listen to us. Technology is only a good thing, it's paving the way towards a future unlike we have ever seen before, and we can trust in the powers up top, and the law that binds them, that none of this technology will every be used illegally against us, we can trust in our nations leaders to adhere and stick to their constitutions, something something something.

What was I talking about again? Oh yes! Pickles!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Simple solution here: Just release 2 version of Xbone. One with DRM and one without! Let consumers decide for themselves with an option. Also, I signed the petition simply to post some sarcastic bs (bored), and after posting, it changed my obviously fake name to a realistic sounding one. Weird... I suppose such is the way a petition works.
And release two versions of each game as well? (one you can install on your hard disk but not pawn as easily, and another that works like current games)

While I admit I'm curious to see how this will play out (the non-resellable games obviously slightly cheaper), I don't think this is manageable.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no issue with the system as originally envisioned.

I do not lend/trade games with friends (I try it at their house and buy if I like), I do not buy/sell used games ($7 trade in value? thanks, Obama!), and I have a stable internet connection (most people do). To me, this is what the used game market causes (check price differences between PC and console).

Nails my thoughts exactly. Ever since Gamestop game-trade-ins have become a thing, I have only traded in once. I often buy second hand games, but that is because new ones are so expensive. If there was no choice, I wouldn't care and would just 'buy smart' to avoid wasting money. Also, I don't lend out my games. My games are always mint when they are mine, and other people don't treat them nearly as well (Look at the used games from GS).

I do think that the online requirements could have been longer, say once a week or something, but it realistically wouldn't have effected people anyway. People almost always have access to an internet source, through mobile hot-spotting/tethering on their smart phones, neighbors wifi or whatever. It is just that people were told that they NEEDED to connect up that caused them to hate the check-in idea.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or they could just make it a optional feature chosen by the console owner if they want digital content only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...