Gaming games worth on real hardware

TheSpearGuy

can probably play it on Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there DS and 3DS games worth playing on real hardware instead of using an emulator with touch or a mouse ?

Akz7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you just wanna play thrugh a game I guess emulation is the way. Hardware is better for portability and I imagine speedrunning reasons. Theres probably other reasons I am forgetting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I dont think the title of the game will matter much to prefer emulation over hardware. If there is it may be a niche case.

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I suposse that games that heavily relies on Touchscreen. Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (DS), comes at my mind. For me, it wasn't a pleasant experience to play it on emu (i wanted to try it because you can upscale the game, but i don't feel confortable playing it with the mouse or the cellphone touchscreen). On real console its a blast. Ni no Kuni: Shikoku no Madoushi (relies on making magical simbols with the stylus) and Dragon Ball Origins 1 are another example. On 3DS, Dragon Ball Heroes Ultimate Mission X. The game is awesome but it loose some magic on emu (the double screen imitates the real arcade), plus it has a lot of quick time events that require movement with the stylus (like spining like a will, make a Z form, etc)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there DS and 3DS games worth playing on real hardware instead of using an emulator with touch or a mouse ?

:rofl2:

Yeah, all of them. I pretty much exclusively play on my handhelds because, well, I just prefer how easy it is. Don't have to plant myself anywhere for any period of time, can take it with me -- most of all my toilet throne -- and it's just the right size screen(s) for me. It's like the difference between using speakers and earbuds, I suppose. I'm not bothering anyone, and no one's bothering me. I doubt I would play many games on PC or another system from GBA/DS/3DS.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH, both DS & 3DS games are unique worth to be played on their respective handhelds. Why? 'cause there's 2 screens, one of which you had to touch, and the playing experience is quite unique, unlike psp/gba/etc.. Systems that use only 1 screen. Also emulation for 3DS is still not quite there yet, handful of games run at good speeds, but not all. Though the DS has some good emulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong