Gamescom 2021 - Xbox conference roundup

Gamescom 2021 is here, bringing us gaming news and updates to reveals made earlier this year at E3. Xbox is first to take the stage, with their press conference, showing off announcements for Xbox Game Pass, progress on first-party titles for the Xbox Series X|S, and more. We'll be rounding up all the news in this thread as they happen.

Coverage

Dying Light 2 is first. December 7th is reiterated as the final launch date for the game, following many delays in the past. There will be twice the amount of parkour moves compared to the first game. Th trailer teases the story.

Flight Simulator is next, with the head of development talking about the success of the game since its launch. There have been content updates involving Europe. 100 iconic and scenic areas were added, with new missions to fly through. Reno Air Race is the largest expansion for the game, and it'll be launching this Fall, and will include multiplayer with friends.

Humble Games is bringing their published games to Xbox Game Pass. Next Space Rebels, Dodgeball Arena, Bushiden, Unpacking, Signals, and many more new indie titles will be a part of Xbox Game Pass on day 1. Plenty of games are in the pipeline.

Into the Pit features eldrich horror elements and is a first-person action game, is a roguelike. October 19th.

Age of Empires IV has a segment on the trebuchet. The developers want the game to be really historical. They've teamed up with a UK filming crew to record documentaries on elements of the game, such as weapons, tactics, and more. October 28th launch.

Cult of the Holy Detonation are a new faction in Wasteland 3. Boss battles and combat missions are being expanded upon to challenge its players with this new content. It will still be silly at points, to entertain players with its stories and characters.

Sea of Thieves is still going on with new content. There will be a Borderlands event crossover ship you can get. Starts today and ends Sept. 7th.

State of Decay 2 Homecoming is an update that will launch September 1st, and will feature new maps and enemies to fight. It's a sequel to the previous expansion.

Stray Blade is an action RPG hack and slash game coming next year. There are multiple weapons and varied enviroments to explore. The team claims they priorotized fluid combat and animations to make fighting satisfying.

Crusader Kings III is next. It'll be coming to Xbox consoles. The UI has been adapted for console play specifically.

Psychonauts 2 gets a launch trailer.

The Gunk comes from the Steamworld devs. You'll need to explore alien planets and as the name implies, clean up gunk from them.

Forza is next, showing off a new Forza Xbox controller. We also get footage on the latest Forza Horizon game, which comes out on November 9th. There are plenty of different cars to drive over the roads of Mexico.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
A solid conference! Hoping for Xbox Series shortage to be over soon though, so I can actually buy one - kinda ridiculous that new generation exists for almost a year at this point, yet hardware itself is too unavailable to experience it.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
that was a long presentation, so, TLDW for me (and my thanks to the OP to summarizing it for us).

Anyone know if any of those games are Series exclusive?
None are, if you count PC.

Dying Light 2 is multiplat
Flight Sim is Series/Windows
Into the Pit is Series/Steam
Age of Empires is Steam/Windows
Stray Blade is multiplat
Crusader Kings III is already PC, but this version for Series is optimized for console play
The Gunk is Series/Windows

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
None are, if you count PC.

Dying Light 2 is multiplat
Flight Sim is Series/Windows
Into the Pit is Series/Steam
Age of Empires is Steam/Windows
Stray Blade is multiplat
Crusader Kings III is already PC, but this version for Series is optimized for console play
The Gunk is Series/Windows
I was expecting that. The ninth generation will turn 2 years old without any meaningful game and, still, it is selling A LOT. It is hard even to say that they false started or something, but this situation really feels off.

Edit: I forgot to say: NO, other generations were not like that, not remotely like that.

Last edited by Deleted member 194275,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I was expecting that. The ninth generation will turn 2 years old without any meaningful game and, still, it is selling A LOT. It is hard even to say that they false started or something, but this situation really feels off.

Edit: I forgot to say: NO, other generations were not like that, not remotely like that.
...wut? The consoles launched in November 2020, it hasn't even been an entire year since they launched...and the PS4/Xboner were in the exact same situation as the current consoles are now way back in 2013: shit for launch year, with maybe 1 or 2 good exclusives until like 1.5-2 years after launch. Like c'mon, the PS4's exclusives the first year were basically Knack, Infamous, and LBP 3, which is about as "nothing meaningful" as Demon's Souls Remaster, Returnal, and Sackboy. The Xboner had like Forza and MCC and that was basically it for like 2 years (and I guess Titanfall, if you count that as "good", but that's certainly stretching it :lol:).

Console launches are always scant the first year, and this generation wasn't going to be any different. At least this time we have BC on both ends so there's still something to play when people get their hands on consoles.

Reactions: Teletron1

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

Buying a no game console like the PS5 was the worst descision of my life. I should've kept that $1,500.

Last edited by SG854,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No Halo.....? - xcloud coming to Xbox One is probably the biggest news, been mentioned for a while but nice to know we've got concrete info/release window. Horizon 5? Well I'm that big a fan I'm already sold, but nice to see a bit more! And that seemed to be about it really :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I meant that you feel overwhelmed that there is a lot of noise even though there is...