GameStop Now Selling "Retro" Games and Consoles

gamestop.png

Yep, you read that right, GameStop is now offering retro games and systems, both available in stores and online! At the moment, they have NES, SNES, N64, PS1, Genesis and even Dreamcast games up for sale, and at this time they also have PS1, SNES, and Genesis consoles up for sale as well, each under or about $40-$50.

You can find controllers and memory cards as well (though at this time some are either sold out or aren't available online), and the games range from popular titles such as Final Fantasy, all sorts of Mario games, Hey You! Pikachu with Microphone (so tempting to buy!), Spyro games, Crash Bandicoot games and much more, and their prices aren't even that bad, either! Most either match or are slightly above average eBay prices, making some of these purchases a real steal.

You can check out the retro stuff they offer in the source link below.

I ended up buying some PS1 games, to add on to my collection, and I imagine I'll be spending some more of my money on other retro games as well in the upcoming months!

:arrow:Store Page
:arrow:Source

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seen Conkers Bad Fur Day go from $80 - $150 near me. Got it for $25 from my brother a few years ago who found the game at a good will type store for about that price with several different games and a Model 2 Genesis.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
To add onto chavo's link if you demand real world proof, eBay sold listings put a US copy of Super Smash Bros anywhere between $40 and $50 the vast majority of the time.

If you're going to nitpick a price, Google or something first instead of assuming Gamestop is being greedy just because they aren't pricing like an uneducated pawnshop.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My games came in today. I was pleasantly surprised!

fb7d215a75cc59126406db43cac93ee4.jpg

Cosmetically fantastic on the front end. Everything looks great, it was all packaged very safely, I commend them.

As for the backs, there's a little bit of wear and tear but that's no big deal. Everything looks fine on the front end, so I'm very happy. Oh, and they all tested and worked perfectly fine.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My games came in today. I was pleasantly surprised!

fb7d215a75cc59126406db43cac93ee4.jpg

Cosmetically fantastic on the front end. Everything looks great, it was all packaged very safely, I commend them.

As for the backs, there's a little bit of wear and tear but that's no big deal. Everything looks fine on the front end, so I'm very happy. Oh, and they all tested and worked perfectly fine.

Wait, you mean the batteries still work in them? I take it that they replaced them with new ones. Huh.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, you mean the batteries still work in them? I take it that they replaced them with new ones. Huh.
Yea just played a bit of each, they all save and work fine. Good on em. I used a coupon to order Battletoads as well, so I'm eager to see how that looks when I get it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Yea just played a bit of each, they all save and work fine. Good on em. I used a coupon to order Battletoads as well, so I'm eager to see how that looks when I get it.
Did you call them and ask for Battletoads, and they were like "OMG NO...oh wait no here it is" and then forced you to order it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3