Hacking Gateway 2.0 Beta Firmware RELEASED!

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does Zelda work without doing the emunand thing?
I believe people reported that it does work without doing the emuNAND thing.
nope, since it requires a firmware capable of playing SDK 5.2.1 games, which 4.5 isn't.
Have you actually tried it out? Because I heard reports that say otherwise.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What reports? I call bullshit... likely referring to Ocarina of time 3D.

But I may be wrong.

If so, then the "built with SDK 5.2.1" reason was bogus all along.

Still, you may run into problems later on in the game, if the game tries to use a function not found in a 4.x firmware.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do official games work with this update? Such as pokemon x and y (i know the roms do not)

im wondering that too.
its curious that zelda and mario party work in 4.5 in gateway mode, they were built in SDK 5.x.
EDIT. CONFIRMED, zelda works without that need of an emulated (and updated) nand

I tried Pokemon but it gives me still update.

I runned in classic mode. Mayby I'm missing something.

update the emulated nand with the cartridge.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
why they dont put specific instructions?

do we need to use new .NDS installer(there is a r4i/blue card setup files folder in the DL) or is it the same as the old one and we just need to overwrite the launcher. dat on the 3ds sd

Its the same as the old 1, you need the launcher, but also remember to do step 2

2) Make sure you have backed up any other files you may need from your Nintendo 3DS SD card or use a fresh new SD card to run the Format emuNAND step in the Gateway menu

Reactions: weatMod

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I know online doesn't work, but does download play? Couldn't get it working with 1.2, and couldn't find any threads with people saying either way, which could just be down to my poor searching skills.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Will a retail pokemon work on this? Sorry dont see that anywhere.

For the 10th time in 7 pages, people should read the readme FFS

"We have also included an option to boot into Classic mode that enables genuine retail gamecards and the emuNAND functionality, allowing it to run like a regular 3DS on latest firmware. "

Pokemon etc will work in classic mode if you are using EmuNAND ONLY

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Attachments

• qzbGic.jpg
    qzbGic.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 283

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I just shot the videos, but there are a couple things of note before the video gets edited and goes up:

1. System Transfer DOES NOT WORK. It will kick you back to 4.5 just as stated earlier in this thread. You can access the eShop and buy from it and download, but transferring is a no-go.

2. For all of you having problems with freezing going into Gateway mode as I did, I found that you are REQUIRED now to hold down the L button when selecting "Nintendo DS Profile". If you just do it the old way, it will not go any further. Also, you will NEED the Gateway cartridge in the system to boot into Gateway mode. I'm sure that's the "anti-clone" we rumored about.

3. Really important, so this is going to be in bold:

UNLESS YOU ARE DUMPING YOUR CARTS, DO NOT USE YOUR PHYSICAL CARTRIDGES ON THERE! YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SAVE DATA ON THE CART!

I put this in all bold and big because this is a major problem! Luckily for me, I did it with a cart that I'm just going to play again because now I can play it in 3D instead of 2D on my 2DS(Zelda: A Link Between Worlds). When I put the Zelda in to test if it can run physical copies in classic (normal) mode, I found that my save data was mysteriously missing, even though I was right at the Dark Castle (the last one I had to beat). I thought it was an issue with Gateway reading the save on the cart, but sure enough, when I popped it into my 2DS, there was no saves present. My saves were erased off the cartridge.

So, I'm editing it now, but I'm telling you all and warning you of this issue.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you will NEED the Gateway cartridge in the system to boot into Gateway mode. I'm sure that's the "anti-clone" we rumored about.

That is false, i tried without the red cartridge and boots in GW mode.

if you dont hold the L button it works as before (just go into gateway mode without showing the menu)

And if you go to DS profile while in gateway mode (like expecting to see the menu while holding L, the console crashes)
source: personal experience

Reactions: roby972 and weatMod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, don't let the step brother bite +1