Hacking Gateway 3DS Availability

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many choices!!! Watch me pick a site and even though it says "In Stock", they really don't have it in stock or some other mishap...

I've seen that people have received their Gateway from aliexpress but what about N3dscart.com or one of the other sites? So far I'm leaning towards N3dscart because the Aliexpress site just seems weird...

n3dscart shipped mine same day ordered day before yesterday.

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could've swore their was 36 available 2 days ago too at n3dscart...surely they'd be selling faster than this

They must be adding more stock as there was 9 when I ordered 2 days ago...or they're lying...but they sent mine same day with tracking so have no reason to doubt them in fairness.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it take long to arrive from that N3dscart? I know I remember seeing the pic from someone who ordered it from Aliexpress and received theirs already.

Depends on the shipping method chosen. The Aliexpress dealer used FedEx/DHL and that got to the doorstep of North American users within five business days. N3DS Cart (or however it's spelled) most likely will ship from China, with Hong Kong/China Registered Airmail, which is far slower than priority post, and can take about two and a half weeks to a month to arrive.

Onslawt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the shipping method chosen. The Aliexpress dealer used FedEx/DHL and that got to the doorstep of North American users within five business days. N3DS Cart (or however it's spelled) most likely will ship from China, with Hong Kong/China Registered Airmail, which is far slower than priority post, and can take about two and a half weeks to a month to arrive.

Interesting... hmm still not sure then on which site to get it at, never ordered from Aliexpress and it looks like some sort of eBay type site yet it should be legit I guess since others from here have received it.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting... hmm still not sure then on which site to get it at, never ordered from Aliexpress and it looks like some sort of eBay type site yet it should be legit I guess since others from here have received it.

Personally, as I've dealt with a majority of these types of dealers, from the most shady to the legitimate ones, I would actually not purchase from them. There is a reason Gateway has a list of authorized retailers on their site. They may be slower, but they're more reliable. The Aliexpress site is more of an eBay free for all type site, and you are not guaranteed the same level of customer protection that a reseller shop can give. From my own experience, if something does happen to go wrong on Aliexpress, it is very difficult to win back your money.

Onslawt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, as I've dealt with a majority of these types of dealers, from the most shady to the legitimate ones, I would actually not purchase from them. There is a reason Gateway has a list of authorized retailers on their site. They may be slower, but they're more reliable. The Aliexpress site is more of an eBay free for all type site, and you are not guaranteed the same level of customer protection that a reseller shop can give. From my own experience, if something does happen to go wrong on Aliexpress, it is very difficult to win back your money.

Yeah I've decided to stick with the ones on the official website. Aren't USA resellers supposed to be receiving their shipments soon? ModChipsDirect shows as "In Stock" on their website but the text underneath says Preorder only... not sure if they just forgot to erase that text once they received their shipment or if they still really don't have it in stock.

Has anyone here ordered their gateway through ModChipsDirect?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've decided to stick with the ones on the official website. Aren't USA resellers supposed to be receiving their shipments soon? ModChipsDirect shows as "In Stock" on their website but the text underneath says Preorder only... not sure if they just forgot to erase that text once they received their shipment or if they still really don't have it in stock.

Has anyone here ordered their gateway through ModChipsDirect?

It could be anytime between the next two weeks, honestly. Shipping out of China can be hellishly slow. As far as "In Stock" goes, a lot of retailers do that so that impatient people prematurely drop cash. It's an unfortunate reality.

Onslawt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be anytime between the next two weeks, honestly. Shipping out of China can be hellishly slow. As far as "In Stock" goes, a lot of retailers do that so that impatient people prematurely drop cash. It's an unfortunate reality.

Ahh gotcha. I've ordered from play-asia several times before and know that sometimes it can be a hassle. I guess I'll do more research today before I choose either 3ds-flashcarts or modchipdirect. Thanks a lot for the info

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh gotcha. I've ordered from play-asia several times before and know that sometimes it can be a hassle. I guess I'll do more research today before I choose either 3ds-flashcarts or modchipdirect. Thanks a lot for the info

Not a problem, glad I could help. :) Something tells me I have too many friends in the Chinese manufacturing industry... :wacko:

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
n3dscart are STILL on 36 carts left - I'm guessing they're telling porkies.....or I'm very surprised as expected supplies to be super low for weeks everywhere with a backlog. Think I best not chance them and stick with teensy (who have replied recently to my query about stock saying they basically have no idea yet when batch #2 are going to come as they still haven't received their shipment info for batch #1 or one of the official asian resellers that match a similar price to UK.

Anyone know if these companies will allways declare a low value so as not to get us stung by customs??

Relf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At current time, ModChipsDirect reportedly doesn't yet have a shipping number, so only Gateway themselves could really guess at it.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone just use realhotstuff. They are now a gateway reseller. $78.00 + $2.50 shipping for a total of $80.50 You can also get item insurance for $1.50 so if your package is lost or broken they give u a free new one.

0nethe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
At current time, ModChipsDirect reportedly doesn't yet have a shipping number, so only Gateway themselves could really guess at it.

What ??? That is it, I'll cancel my pre order from them and buy from China reseller ! Can't wait anymore

Onslawt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone just use realhotstuff. They are now a gateway reseller. $78.00 + $2.50 shipping for a total of $80.50 You can also get item insurance for $1.50 so if your package is lost or broken they give u a free new one.

Yeah but they are the same as modchipcentral in the sense that they don't have their shipments yet and their site says
"8/14/13: Pre-order your Gateway 3DS! Our stock is shipping out from the manufacturer next week!"

Which seems to me that if their stock is being "shipped out" from the overseas tomorrow/following days, then they won't get their stock for a couple weeks which means you won't receive it for about a month... For that you can just order it straight from Asia now...

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it safe to buy from n3dscart? I don't see them on the list of resellers

If they're not on the retailer list, sure, you could buy it, but it's not an officiated reseller. I'd check with Shoptemp.net and see how they rank this site, if there's any at all. Smaller sites that are not recognized as much can still be legitimate, but a bit more difficult to trust. Your best option is to simply wait for official resellers to get actual stock and then order.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't anything "wrong" per se with buying from a non-official reseller, just that the site's reliability should be called into question.

That is true. But it's better to just stay safe and go with an official reseller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: