Hacking Gateway 3ds..changing your profile messes up your exploit?

BMinkie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have a question. I changed my profile details then afterwards I am unable to change into Gateway mode anymore. When I try it says that an error was encountered and the 3DS has to be reset.

I had to format both cards and reinstall everything working fine now

Has this happened to anyone else?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The glitch works based off of corrupting part of the DS profile. Updating your 3DS profile most likely also updated your DS profile, corrupting the corruption and making an all out unuseable DS profile.

Reactions: osirisjem

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Anyone know the basics of how this exploit works? Just out of curiosity. Or is the public knowledge pretty much that its just a profile exploit?

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know the basics of how this exploit works? Just out of curiosity. Or is the public knowledge pretty much that its just a profile exploit?

The exploit fills a certain string with a lot of data, causing a buffer overflow. I believe this is where we get userland access to the 3DS.

I think the buffer overflow reads data from the SD which is how Gateway has menus and such, but I'm not sure.

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The exploit fills a certain string with a lot of data, causing a buffer overflow. I believe this is where we get userland access to the 3DS.
Actually, it doesn't fill the string with data, all it does is change the byte that contains the message box length to 110 characters(6Eh).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol