Hacking Gateway 3DS - First 3DS flash card?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalokishere

Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Coming back to what we have seen and the video and from pongs speculation, if all is correct and the carts only able to save one game onto the slot then i advise that, if you havent to.:

Download the save data transfer tool from the 3DS Store, its free.

Reason being when Nintendos next update comes out, if this gets blocked, and you haven't got that tool then it may be difficult to backup and restore your saves from the cart as you may/may not have shop access.

I could be wrong.
Isn't it only able to send from carts to digital and not the other way around?

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/26/nintendo-3ds-system-update-adds-save-transfer-tool/

Read this actually.

EDIT Reason: Fixing Double post.

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know where is gateway 3ds actually located? I'm still trying to play with timing to see if I get an answer or if the others do but mone of ppl working on my web site have been lucky. If there in china it takes awhile to get a package from there and still haven't been able to even get them to notice our interest in buying in bulk to become a reseller, I know there's still a lot of time left but would love to have the products on release date for others to buy and of course inspect it as well.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know where is gateway 3ds actually located? I'm still trying to play with timing to see if I get an answer or if the others do but mone of ppl working on my web site have been lucky. If there in china it takes awhile to get a package from there and still haven't been able to even get them to notice our interest in buying in bulk to become a reseller, I know there's still a lot of time left but would love to have the products on release date for others to buy and of course inspect it as well.

Once emailed you should give them a few day, today is sunday!

carnbyds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The hell with the fw...3DS has upto 241 game releases so far. I can invest on USD50 for the cart and sacrifice the fw update by nintendo.....i dunno whats the fuss all about....

skanjos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hell with the fw...3DS has upto 241 game releases so far. I can invest on USD50 for the cart and sacrifice the fw update by nintendo.....i dunno whats the fuss all about....

and then pokemon and bravery default come with update and block the card ,worst spend 50$....
as i see it if there isnt an easy way to transfer the save it isnt good, i dont care about having 1 per sd card,i care about wanting to play some mario kart and thinking about my fire emblem save turning too ashes...

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and then pokemon and bravery default come with update and block the card ,worst spend 50$....
as i see it if there isnt an easy way to transfer the save it isnt good, i dont care about having 1 per sd card,i care about wanting to play some mario kart and thinking about my fire emblem save turning too ashes...

dont buy it then. see the $50 will be worth it if you use it properly and play many games untill the pokemon games & update comes out.

vini9157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
whi

i didnt see any updates blocking flash carts or rom dumping, piracy haters are so negative

Reactions: str8mjed

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you guys do a great review of this product.

this is from Garyopa on maxconsole:
And for those asking, it is 'early video' before the 'game manager' was finished in coding by the homebrew developers, reason for 3 microsd one for each rom.

Another little thing, how can the video be that early if the console date says Tuesday 28/05? It was two days before the whole announcement. Assuming they are currently in production and planning distribution with the resellers, the game manager was finished between wednesday and friday? Why don't you wait a little longer and show a proper video then? Or show it right now.

Don't get me wrong, given some of the facts I believe is real. But is in my nature to question everything that don't have much sense xd

vini9157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The way I see it this is only the beginning t

O they can and will block this card but if we can update the card to bypass Nintendo's security then ninety is screwed

yeah, like hackers always did, also i dont think that a 2013 cart will not have a way to update, even the most crap chinese flashcarts have

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Another little thing, how can the video be that early if the console date says Tuesday 28/05? It was two days before the whole announcement. Assuming they are currently in production and planning distribution with the resellers, the game manager was finished between wednesday and friday? Why don't you wait a little longer and show a proper video then? Or show it right now.

Don't get me wrong, given some of the facts I believe is real. But is in my nature to question everything that don't have much sense xd

nice observation

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nice find. I doubt theres a "game manager". If we cant run unsigned code then how is it possible.

satanicangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
pong is a "reliable source" and these are not "assumptions"

it can bock by
a) checking right speeds
b) check the game Chip ID
c) all the above

if pong is a developer of the card then yes he is, if not he is not, simple as that. Anything not from developers=not confirmed. Can you guarantee 100% that it will be like that? No offense, just mentioning my opinion on this.

Reactions: Minox and raulpica

aalokishere

Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
if pong is a developer of the card then yes he is, if not he is not, simple as that. Anything not from developers=not confirmed. Can you guarantee 100% that it will be like that? No offense, just mentioning my opinion on this.

Given that I don't know much about this stuff and the fact that he's running a blog of 3ds rom dumps and stuff I'm gonna trust pong on this.
And if he turns out to be wrong than I'm not betting my life here so no worries there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced