Hacking Gateway 3DS - First 3DS flash card?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except that Mario Kart 7 patch is saved to the SD Card, not the cartridge. You don't even need MK7 to download the patch for MK7. Any online patches would not affect the Gateway card because they're saved to the SD Card. The only way a patch could stop you from going online is if they forced you to do a full System Update before going online (which they don't do).

GH0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But any system update could force the card unusable, and since any new games (at least from nintendo or otherwise) may require a specific firmware, that card leaves you in the middle of "wut do when dead" scenario.

Reactions: Rydian

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But any system update could force the card unusable, and since any new games (at least from nintendo or otherwise) may require a specific firmware, that card leaves you in the middle of "wut do when dead" scenario.

then you do what many people do and dont update and sell the 3ds and card here and wait for a new card/mod to come out

GH0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just wait till an update is released and confirmed how the update process works with the card. It really doesn't matter, at this point it all is just pure speculation until the card is reviewed and an update is released.

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well obviously if (for example) Pokemon X/Y come out after a System Update that blocks the flash card you won't be able go online with it, but that's a moot point because you wouldn't be able to play X/Y AT ALL.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well obviously if (for example) Pokemon X/Y come out after a System Update that blocks the flash card you won't be able go online with it, but that's a moot point because you wouldn't be able to play X/Y AT ALL.

i bet you there gonna be a update in 9th blocking it before they even release it

Reactions: bsmjlm

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, just sent an email to the company regarding doing a video review for their Homepage/Here/Youtube/My blog, hopefully I'll get a reply soon!

Reactions: str8mjed

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, just sent an email to the company regarding doing a video review for their Homepage/Here/Youtube/My blog, hopefully I'll get a reply soon!

i give you good luck
gbatemp is already getting a sample card for a review soo i know they are giving cards to people

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank god.

Man i know it isnt fake but they are little strange, i mean its june 1 already and why they dont give us more information

Hey guys they replied my email today, check it out:

me:
"how much it will cost?
U guys will fix the corrupt save problem or i have to play one game at ime?
When it will be release?
Im so excited about it, life is hard here in brazil, i cant have 3ds without it"
their response:
"A list of retailers is available here:
http://www.gateway-3ds.com/resellers.html

We are adding more each day, so come back if you do not find the right
distributor for you.
Pricing and shipping cost are indicated on the reseller site.

Release date is second half of June, and a full list of features and more

details will be announced soon."
today its more resellers

OJClock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any word on price?
and yea.. i'm hoping to wait this one out until we know what's going to happen with updates, not to mention ROM availability

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it might help if you are highly watched
and side note that was the 777th post
Lol I didn't mean my expectations of the video, i meant expectations of the card itself, as if i get it, I'm hoping it's not going to be a piece of @&*! Like the other flashcards I've reviewed O-O...One was so crappy I couldn't even bring myself to post the video.. ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda silly. But cool I guess. Its like painting your 2by4 wood studs in a wall, before covering...