• Likes 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I get what your saying, I too would be much much more excited if we had a real ak2i/cyclods/supercard equivalent for 3ds.

Ericthegreat - I know, but it's going to be a REAL long time for us to have something like that. Nintendo DS has long been hacked- it's been about 9 years since the original DS came out, which is why we have such damn good stuff out for it - i.e. supercard, but the DS emulation scene as a whole is still pretty sucky compared to other scenes. With AK2i and Cyclo being dead, R4i Gold 3DS, R4i SDHC, and SuperCard DSTwo are the only real good carts left and functioning. The original DS carts relied on slot-2 as well. The fact that we have independently running slot 1 ds emulation carts with perfection for most NDS games is a testament to how far we've come.

It's going to be a looooooooong time, as I mentioned for 3DS to come as far as the DS has. It's only been what, 2 years since the release of the 3DS? Sorry :( Gateway in itself, as you know is groundbreaking. Let's hope other teams like Supercard continue to be awesome, and maybe sometime in the future, Supercard could develop a 3DS cart? Who knows!

asnka

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I know. XD I've been following this thread for awhile and I can do the math myself. However, it still just doesn't seem worth it. The cart is still 1:1 as far as I know, and if I'm likely to lose my microSD cards, I at least want to have the cart cost less so I've got enough money to replace the cards as they disappear (I'm careful, but shit happens) or to buy new ones if I want to play different games... I'm not going to keep reading and writing the same card over and over again every time I want to switch the game.
I saw that this was going to happen...So i got one of these...
$T2eC16Z,%21%29kE9s4,BD1oBR%29%29S+tgOg%7E%7E60_3.JPG
$3 on ebay

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I saw that this was going to happen...So i got one of thes...

*snip*
$3 on ebay

I'm bad about losing cases too... and then there goes every single one of my games. While it is a solution, it just makes it easier for me to lose all of them... no win situation XD

Also, next time, please consider putting your picture if it is that large into a spoiler tag. It's really simple -

Code:
[spoiler][img]image url here[/img][/spoiler]

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am waiting for the GBATEMP review, it's going to be extremely thorough. If the review is good and I like the review, I will totally dish out for the flashcard though I already updated to the latest FW so let's hope Gateway's Team Got This

biggest problem with this card; gateway. they might be the first to get 3ds backups running which is great but they feel like an amateur team that got lucky finding an exploit. they are so slow and seem to be struggling, it reminds me a lot of early DS cards that got bad or little support. I wish they would provide good card makers details on how they did it so we can get decent card with good support right out of the gate.

fidrocka

teen programer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's my biggest problem with this card; gateway. they might be the first to get 3ds backups running which is great but they feel like an amateur team that got lucky finding an exploit. they are so slow and it reminds me a lot of early DS cards that got bad or little support. I wish they would provide good card makers details on how they did it so we can get decent card with good support right out of the gate.

agreed but hey its only a matter of time before teams like the one resonsible for dstwo come around ...

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agreed but hey its only a matter of time before teams like the one resonsible for dstwo come around ...

For every Dstwo team though, there are 3 R4-SDHC Teams, 50 Chinese clone teams, and an infinite number of people who fall for ridiculous scams straight out the gate(way :D).

ninditsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone here has Internet, I'm pretty sure nobody here is homeless given that, so I'm pretty sure everyone here, except maybe some from underdeveloped countries no offense, can get a job and start a budget then figure you can save up $80 to throw away on this instead of other BS you may think of blowing it on. So I hope those pessimists thinking people who expect this will be a bad product to bet on and is a scam can just hush.

I have been contemplating preordering since the "end of June" and that will is still pretty strong. And I asked the shop if they would refund if the gateway team falls through and doesn't release and the shop said they would. So what's wrong here? Read previous paragraph about budgeting again if you think something's wrong.

I still don't see how the original demo video isn't enough to show they have something. What else do you people expect them to show? The production delays really do have a great impact on release schedules.

Not to stop the community from having conversations, but kind of am, I would rather have people just simply shut up and wait until actual news, not just speculation, like the release of the cart, official GW update, or a team that branches of GW's work and announces a new and more wonderful cart.

Don't bother flaming me, I could care less. I can overlook them like nothing. If you actually have something interesting to say back to me that is calm, cool, collected, and well thought out, that would actually be worth a read. Thanks for letting me vent.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone here has Internet, I'm pretty sure nobody here is homeless given that, so I'm pretty sure everyone here, except maybe some from underdeveloped countries no offense, can get a job and start a budget then figure you can save up $80 to throw away on this instead of other BS you may think of blowing it on. So I hope those pessimists thinking people who expect this will be a bad product to bet on and is a scam can just hush.

I have been contemplating preordering since the "end of June" and that will is still pretty strong. And I asked the shop if they would refund if the gateway team falls through and doesn't release and the shop said they would. So what's wrong here? Read previous paragraph about budgeting again if you think something's wrong.

I still don't see how the original demo video isn't enough to show they have something. What else do you people expect them to show? The production delays really do have a great impact on release schedules.

Not to stop the community from having conversations, but kind of am, I would rather have people just simply shut up and wait until actual news, not just speculation, like the release of the cart, official GW update, or a team that branches of GW's work and announces a new and more wonderful cart.

Don't bother flaming me, I could care less. I can overlook them like nothing. If you actually have something interesting to say back to me that is calm, cool, collected, and well thought out, that would actually be worth a read. Thanks for letting me vent.

Well the chance to preorder is actually available, according to the Gateway team. And $80 is actually not a lot at all, considering early models of the Nintendo DS flashkits went for like $200. See my email grabs on page 70. The original video could be fake for a number of reasons, actually. It could be some type of eshop hash, or whatever crazy ideas that were being put out in the first few pages. I don't remember them all. There was a lot of theorycrafting that went on though.

As to your wanting the community to be quiet about it, it most likely will not happen because that's just the way the site rolls. It's actually beneficial for only this topic to be open, because it eliminates multiple threads asking the same thing. Less cleanup for staff. And if their email is reliable at this point, they said that they have plans to push major updates for the 6.0.x.x firmwares, and the user interfacing system at a later date. Again see the screengrabs I posted on page 70.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
The video CAN be faked, but I have a feeling this thing is real, it's just the developing team seems to be a bit non-professional when it comes to dealing with customers.

Oh and my firmware is already 6.0.10 so I won't be able to get this soon, it's cool I was gonna wait and see first, maybe other teams will jump in and try to compete soon enough, who knows maybe it'll support DSi ROMS and DSiware games at some point.

ninditsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki

Yeah, I read devins little FAQ on the FP. Thanks for clearing it up a little for me. I just hoped I can say something rather than let more conspiracy theorists or pessimists rile up the community.

For me, I'm siding with the reseller I trust because I've been buying stuff from them for a while now, telling me that they also believe the Gateway is legit. I'm just the optimistic and maybe naive type that doesn't mind putting away a small bit of money for the off chance I might get scammed, and I won't because my shop will refund me. That's the end of my part here I guess. I'll just wait and see now.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki

Yeah, I read devins little FAQ on the FP. Thanks for clearing it up a little for me. I just hoped I can say something rather than let more conspiracy theorists or pessimists rile up the community.

For me, I'm siding with the reseller I trust because I've been buying Wiikeys from them for a while now, telling me that they also believe the Gateway is legit. I'm just the optimistic and maybe naive type that doesn't mind putting away a small bit of money for the off chance I might get scammed, and I won't because my shop will refund me. That's the end of my part here I guess. I'll just wait and see now.

And your concerns are (for the most part) valid, which is okay here. You just came off a little blunter. And haha, I've had all my usual retailers saying that the thing's real but they were unable to secure a sample for me due to them being unable to grab stock. I've been in touch with the Gateway team as well, and we're just gonna need to wait and see how things go. I'm looking forward to how this will all turn out. :)

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know. XD I've been following this thread for awhile and I can do the math myself. However, it still just doesn't seem worth it. The cart is still 1:1 as far as I know, and if I'm likely to lose my microSD cards, I at least want to have the cart cost less so I've got enough money to replace the cards as they disappear (I'm careful, but shit happens) or to buy new ones if I want to play different games... I'm not going to keep reading and writing the same card over and over again every time I want to switch the game.

Well everyone has an opinion. Still, I don't necessarily agree with it.

And here is why:

Gateway 3DS is not worth it? Okay then, your call.

The problem:

Where are you gonna turn?

The answer:

NOWHERE!

That leaves us with:

Understanding that as a first 3DS ROM compatible flashcart, even with save issues, even with lack of UI, even with no support on newer firmwares and even with the hassle of only working with 1 ROM per SD card, the Gateway is still a major leap forwards for the 3DS Hacking and Homebrew scene.

However, if you can afford to buy new games, and you prefer that to avoid all the "hassles" from the Gateway just to save "a few bucks", then go right ahead my friend.

But I have to say, I wish I could make that decision myself and simply go original :/

Reactions: bluejon

acacd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, as gateway-3ds always ask people to wait 2 more weeks. I'd like calling them two-week-3ds.
Smells like crown 3ds to me.
For more than 1 month without official news, and we just post & discuss their email here........
It's kind of funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A friend give me a $35 cigar, and pssf, just as good as a $5 one. But of course gonna have to tell him it was awesome.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    What makes a good Cuban rum soaked cigar is a nice cosmopolitan to go with it.
    +1
    Used to do that every time I went to Miami on business
    There was this little bar I would stop in have that combo and watch the beach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never met a girl named cosmopolitan, but cool. And where do you insert the cigar? Mr clinton
    Slightly more than 35 dollars lol but I was making thousands on a job.
    Cosmopolitan is just vodka and cranberry juice lol
    I'm a martini glass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My dental assistant is Cuban I'm gonna have to him for cigars and sandwiches now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea wish I could get Cubans cheap, they are ridiculous priced up here. But they are hard workers.
    I think I was paying like 75 back in the early 90s
    Rolled on the thighs of virgins if the stories are to be believed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we belive any of your stories
    That's honestly for the best lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd read his autobiography.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "If I may have done it."
    I'm deliberately vague about some of the details sure it's been 30 years but some crimes don't have limitations
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis sex life is Dubai
    FB-IMG-1717887564361.jpg
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or I picture its like quagmire from family guy, gigity.
    +2
    Back then I was so wasteful with money, didn't bother me to spend 600 bucks in a strip club, some of those private dances though... Lol
    My life back then was a mix of Breaking Bad and John Wick and Dumb and Dumber lol
    The things we do as kids so lucky to be alive lol
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Kids put chocolate in their pockets :ninja:
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Kids put chocolate in their pockets :ninja: