Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
so what do you think ?
shall we wait for some more competitors with other 3ds flashcards or buy the gateway?

i would wait
the trusted teams will be better

If you're really in such a rush to get a Gateway, get it. For all we know, the competitors aren't close to a release. And, for all we know, the Gateway may be permanently blocked. It's anyone's guess.

who said there not close to release?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a more convenient way of piracy is released, I wonder how long till someone releases a exploit of some kind (unless of course the new flashcart allows unsigned code) .

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
i would keep an eye on popular teams sites guys for information in the near feature

Are you trolling? :P

i have to keep contacts with the teams because of my blog that notifies everyone about the 3DS updates and if flashcards work on the updates

notice i created a 3DS Flashcard section recently?

we should see a competitive market tho soon

Reactions: yuyuyup and signz

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i would keep an eye on popular teams sites guys for information in the near feature

i have to keep contacts with the teams because of my blog that notifies everyone about the 3DS updates and if flashcards work on the updates

What does mean (release) soon? This summer? This year? =)
Are you able/allowed to say which trusted team is actually working on an 3DS Flashcard? =)

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Please go away and troll somewhere else.

(Hint for others: the team claimed that they will do a menu. He said impossible. I asked why.)
I told you the reason. Stop calling people trolls if they answer your questions and you're too dumb to understand them. THAT is actually very troll-like.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
What does mean (release) soon? This summer? This year? =)
Are you able/allowed to say which trusted team is actually working on an 3DS Flashcard? =)

well soon, no defined date yet

i would say what team but i wouldnt want them getting a sudden massive influx of emails

once i get i good chunk of info on there flashcard and on how much more it can do that gateway i will let you know

but the fact that they are making a 3DS Cartridge dumper also makes it a lot better as will most likely be sold as one big bundle

Reactions: Mementos

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Please go away and troll somewhere else.

(Hint for others: the team claimed that they will do a menu. He said impossible. I asked why.)

I told you the reason. Stop calling people trolls if they answer your questions and you're too dumb to understand them. THAT is actually very troll-like.

He didn't said you're a Troll, he said go troll somewhere else :)

Are you trolling? :P

Wow that's cool, i knew it! :D
I don't want to rush for Gateway, if there are going to be better ones
handmadeofferings.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
But you never answered the question.

Maybe you typed the answer, accidentally deleted it, and never read back to realize that you didn't actually give a response or something?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
But you never answered the question.

Maybe you typed the answer, accidentally deleted it, and never read back to realize that you didn't actually give a response or something?
Well, with this you won't get anywhere near a psychology degree, I can assure you that :tpi: . Quite frankly I don't really know what there is to misunderstand. My answer was you can't switch 3DS games via DS mode because the card, gateway 3ds does nothing but emulate a real 3DS game card except the game is stored in a micro SD. Imagine a retail 3DS game card where 2 games are stored in the chip. How do you think the 3DS will read this card when it's build to read one app per file? Right, a loader is needed to be built-in the ROM like in those 2in1, 3in1 games. A loader is not possible for this gateway cart without a way to run unsigned code. So the only thing you can do is to replace micro SDs or its content if you want to switch games.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You can run unsigned code in DS mode to manage data on a MicroSD, which is what was pointed out. We do it every day, so it's possible.

Whether the Gateway can do any of it we don't know since it's not out yet, so saying for a fact it's impossible is wrong still because it's possible elsewhere and might be possible on the Gateway.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Well, with this you won't get anywhere near a psychology degree, I can assure you that :tpi: . Quite frankly I don't really know what there is to misunderstand. My answer was you can't switch 3DS games via DS mode because the card, gateway 3ds does nothing but emulate a real 3DS game card except the game is stored in a micro SD. Imagine a retail 3DS game card where 2 games are stored in the chip. How do you think the 3DS will read this card when it's build to read one app per file? Right, a loader is needed to be built-in the ROM like in those 2in1, 3in1 games. A loader is not possible for this gateway cart without a way to run unsigned code. So the only thing you can do is to replace micro SDs or its content if you want to switch games.
The Ace 3DS can switch between DS/3DS modes. Why shouldn't that be possible for a Gateway 3DS-like cartridge? Take a 32 GByte msd card, make two partitions, one to flash 3DS ROMs, one to store Images and switch games from DS mode as needed. However the Gateway 3DS works, if you flash a 2 GByte 3DS ROM to a 32GByte card that empty space at the end of the card won't magically go away. It won't be used by the cartridge, why shouldn't it be possible to use that dead space to store other images? Bottom line is, until someone finally holds one in his hands this is all just empty speculation.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You can run unsigned code in DS mode to manage data on a MicroSD, which is what was pointed out. We do it every day, so it's possible.

Whether the Gateway can do any of it we don't know since it's not out yet, so saying for a fact it's impossible is wrong still because it's possible elsewhere and might be possible on the Gateway.
Eh, you don't get the point. Sure you can build some sort of a file explorer DS homebrew (which I believe already exist), but it won't help you changing the way the 3DS reads game cards. I don't know how else to explain. At the risk of repeating myself, you need a fucking way to run unsigned code.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Eh, you don't get the point. Sure you can build some sort of a file explorer DS homebrew (which I believe already exist), but it won't help you changing the way the 3DS reads game cards. I don't know how else to explain. At the risk of repeating myself, you need a fucking way to run signed code.

what rydian means is that once in DS mode you can control the settings of the card through a homebrew
so you could move files around on the SD card, or have 3 roms on there but the 3DS mode version the card reads a specific name or symbol so you could rename the rom currently used and put the one that was used elsewhere or rename it

so the 3DS card could be looking for a file with a % sign in front of it, and you can rename the files in DS Mode
so was
%ACNL, LuigiM2
change it to
ANCL, %LuigiM2
and then when booted back into 3DS mode the data retreval would go "Ah thats what im looking for" and grab the correct rom

but unless there was a similar feature for save files you would loose the save when you switched also

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Eh, you don't get the point. Sure you can build some sort of a file explorer DS homebrew (which I believe already exist), but it won't help you changing the way the 3DS reads game cards. I don't know how else to explain. At the risk of repeating myself, you need a fucking way to run unsigned code.
The Gateway reads the data from the MicroSD, so something in DS-mode that changes what's read on the MicroSD is a nice workaround since the gateway is already doing the translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3