Hacking Gateway 3DS flashcart Frimware works on Supercard DSTWO??

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of suspicious that their using two different 3DSs. I'm not well-versed in the matter of 3DS hacking though so I have no idea if it's possible or not.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
From what I know the gateway installer is just a regular NDS file that can be used on any flashcart, but you'll need the red card to actually play 3DS games after you install it.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It does look kind of suspicious, Two 3DS are used, it doesn't look like he/she's pushing the DSTwo in the 3DS. It looks like a fake, that and the white 3DS is on 6.1.0, i thought Gateway needed a 4.5.0 3DS to work ?

Edit- Tried on my 3DS, unfortunately i don't think it will ever work due to my 3DS being on 6.1.0, it looks like it wants to work but, all i get is a error message telling me the software crashed and the console has to restart. Bummer, really wanted to see if it was possible to use Gateway mode with a Supercard

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I know the gateway installer is just a regular NDS file that can be used on any flashcart, but you'll need the red card to actually play 3DS games after you install it.

Doesn't the Gateway and the Supercard uses the same hardware ? I would try but, even if Gateway mode does install on my 3DS, i get a message saying the software crashed and needs to reboot

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Doesn't the Gateway and the Supercard uses the same hardware ? I would try but, even if Gateway mode does install on my 3DS, i get a message saying the software crashed and needs to reboot
As far as I know some of the hardware is similar but that's not nearly enough to launch 3DS games with it. Besides, I'd think the Gateway team would have made sure something like this is not possible.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the Gateway and the Supercard uses the same hardware ?
No, that's a rumor made by people who have never opened more than two flash carts before (most flash carts use similar or the same FPGA models, they're just programmed differently and locked).

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The DSTWO will never be able to play 3DS games.
And yes, you can run the Gateway firmware/preparation software from a DSTWO like the blue Gateway card, since the blue Gateway card is just some DS flashcard, like the R4.
You still need the red Gateway card to play 3DS games and therefore makes it rather useless.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Whao!
Didn't know that if you change the shell of the Gateway card u still can play 3DS games!
OMG! I'll try this right away and change the shell of my Gateway with the shell of DSTWO to see if it works!

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
That first part was rather dull, I'm launching the Gateway installer from DS2 all the time. That second part was more interesting. DSTwo Microcontroller should be versatile enough to emulate whatever the Gateway does, kudos to Team Supercard if they really pulled this off.

Reactions: SSG Vegeta

enrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
the second part is very obviously fake (is another video, another hand, another 3DS), how he/she put the card under the 3ds and moved the finger upper to push donkey kong card or gateway card in

Reactions: ferret7463

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong