Firmware Gateway 3DS Region-free/Firmware Spoofing Update

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When do people think there will release the update to the public? I think there going to hold off intill it nearing pokemon release date. If it don't get leak from the beta testers.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When do people think there will release the update to the public? I think there going to hold off intill it nearing pokemon release date. If it don't get leak from the beta testers.
They announced it a couple weeks ago, and now they're already in beta. I highly doubt they'll wait 2 months before Gateway 1.1/2.0.

f0rCe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is firmware spoofing only possible on 4.5.x FW or also on lower firmwares? My 3DS XL is on 4.2.x for example, and if FW spoofing is possible, I wouldn't have to update any more! :)

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is "Firmware spoofing" only possible with 4.5.x FW or also with lower ones (I'm on 4.2.0.x for example)? If so, I wouldn't need to update any more! :)
It should be possible with the lower firmwares, but someone said that it is possible to update with a game's ROM, so there's no reason why you shouldn't update. Just make sure you don't update with any of the 5.1 ROMs, lol.

Reactions: f0rCe

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
We are still waiting more than a week for a review.. God it's not like you have to put it through its paces, even testing 50 roms wouldn't take that long (depending on how many micro sds you had) but being a reviewer as such.. you should be loaded up on things like that anyway....:0 Some Random Guy posted quite an in depth review online 5 hours after he got it.... and he doesn't even review....

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are still waiting more than a week for a review.. God it's not like you have to put it through its paces, even testing 50 roms wouldn't take that long (depending on how many micro sds you had) but being a reviewer as such.. you should be loaded up on things like that anyway....:0 Some Random Guy posted quite an in depth review online 5 hours after he got it.... and he doesn't even review....

Buddy. You need to read this tutorial in my signature. Maybe then you'll learn why reviews can often take so long. As for the reviewer in question, said reviewer inaccurately described that the games ran perfectly, whereas when Devin was running ROM tests, the online failed and yielded a ROM error. That first "review" barely went into any details about the cartridge.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Devin is human, like you and me. Devin has a life, unlike you and me. He wants to make sure he gets everything right instead of giving a quick "Hey, it works!" (even though he already did).

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buddy. You need to read this tutorial in my signature. Maybe then you'll learn why reviews can often take so long. As for the reviewer in question, said reviewer inaccurately described that the games ran perfectly, whereas when Devin was running ROM tests, the online failed and yielded a ROM error. That first "review" barely went into any details about the cartridge.

Eh, I'm used people nagging about it. I mean if they're that impatient for a review then they can do look at the DS-Scene one. :lol:

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I'm used people nagging about it. I mean if they're that impatient for a review then they can do look at the DS-Scene one. :lol:

Psh, he tested 10 roms and gave it a 70 like it was renewing a license at the dmv... also one of the roms was animal crossing and he took points because it didn't work (even though they told him it wouldn't)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk