Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the3dsguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yep, if you read my post above i'm in that delivery ETA bracket. Imagine getting it on the day (say 3-4 days from now), all is fine with the 9.2 still live, then suddenly the big N pushes out a silent 9.3 just as you turned it on and configured the Wifi settings. :P

YEAH thats the one thing IM MOST AFRAID OF, which is why we have to do our due dilegence and keep checking this website and gateway, what will you do when you get it 4 days from now? will you just take the plunge? or will you wait? I REALLY HOPE it will work with firmware 9.x and under! maybe emunand? that would be the idea option, so we dont have to update and risk the silent update.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Names of big companies, consoles, electronics are all written in katakana.
Sure, the home will have quite a bit of kanji but most people are not interested in the verbs and nouns that have the kanji, they are interested in The name of their game (In katakana), settings (katakana), super whacky names (e.g. super punch would be written in katakana)
Plus there's the whole thing where restaurant menus's foods are written in katakana, but that's not the point of this reply.
So, IMO, it would be the most Japanese for the least effort for someone interested in video games.
It does not apply to anime though.

スーパーパンチ! Oh wait... Whoops, it's an English only community... .-.;

Reactions: MrJason005

the3dsguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, there are some people around here that don't feel like it's worth the effort to learn katakana and they can clearly get a AUR New3DS which has an English language option.

Plus, it actually takes a few hours to learn katakana. At least, that's how it was for me. :rolleyes:

i guess, but what you learnt is yours, i see a big benefit in learning it. especially basic stuff in Japanese games, where you can at least understand some of the menus or what not. lazy people are lazy =P id rather save an extra 40-60 dollars CAD and obtain a skill ;)

Reactions: MrJason005

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess, but what you learnt is yours, i see a big benefit in learning it. especially basic stuff in Japanese games, where you can at least understand some of the menus or what not. lazy people are lazy =P id rather save an extra 40-60 dollars CAD and obtain a skill ;)

Well, those "benefits" may not imply to people who only learn katakana, but want to play games that are text heavy and contains a whole bunch of hiragana, katakana, and kanji. :teach:

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
YEAH thats the one thing IM MOST AFRAID OF, which is why we have to do our due dilegence and keep checking this website and gateway, what will you do when you get it 4 days from now? will you just take the plunge? or will you wait?
I would just wait until a game with 9.0.0~9.2.0-20 pre-installed on it.
Well, those "benefits" may not imply to people who only learn katakana, but want to play games that are text heavy and contains a whole bunch of hiragana, katakana, and kanji. :teach:
But gateway is region-free, so just some simple katakana should be enough to get you through the setup screen.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
YEAH thats the one thing IM MOST AFRAID OF, which is why we have to do our due dilegence and keep checking this website and gateway, what will you do when you get it 4 days from now? will you just take the plunge? or will you wait?

I'll be checking this site and other sources with a fine tooth comb after seeing GW's latest announcement. Gateway are Nintendo's biggest threat than any other current flash card producer right now, so it's highly possible with that announcement and the recent Ninjhax exploit, another security loophole will be patched.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I would just wait until a game with 9.0.0~9.2.0-20 pre-installed on it.

But gateway is region-free, so just some simple katakana should be enough to get you through the setup screen.

I don't think these people have every imported from Japan before. Back in the early 90's it was thing most dedicated gamers did and today still.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one peacefully with a normal 3DS XL and the wifi off, not struggling to get a hold of an N3DS?

Not really a struggle per say.. I got one, it's coming in as a christmas present. I currently own a 9.2 Pokemon X/Y 3DS XL, and it does the job. Just miss the feel of the smaller console.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Am I the only one peacefully with a normal 3DS XL and the wifi off, not struggling to get a hold of an N3DS?

You already have a console, I don't and so do certain others. I have held off for the whole year practically and now is a good time to invest in one.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You already have a console, I don't and so do certain others. I have held off for the whole year practically and now is a good time to invest in one.
Ah, I didn't know people held off on a 3DS purchase untill a gateway announcement. That makes sense.
I just don't like that Nintendo is trying to milk old customers into upgrading. It will just turn out like the DSi.

THAT I JUST POSTED IS AN OPINION.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I didn't know people held off on a 3DS purchase untill a gateway announcement. That makes sense.
I just don't like that Nintendo is trying to milk old customers into upgrading. It will just turn out like the DSi or the GBC.

DSi didn't do as well, but the GBC sure as hell did back then.
And hey, the New3DS is selling like hotcakes in Japan. :toot:

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't like that Nintendo is trying to milk old customers into upgrading. It will just turn out like the DSi.

that's what I feel too, I'm not upgrading just for some marginal speed improvement and a couple of buttons. I'll wait for the HDS (or whatever the successor is called; Nintendo should preserve their backwards compatibility as that is a big draw of their systems).

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
that's what I feel too, I'm not upgrading just for some marginal speed improvement and a couple of buttons. I'll wait for the HDS (or whatever the successor is called; Nintendo should preserve their backwards compatibility as that is a big draw of their systems).
It will be called [Insert worst name a company can make]
Seriously? Wii U? New Nintendo 3DS?
-Hello, I want to buy a used New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious