Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's cool and all, but without emunand or some other workaround we won't be able to play games that need >9.2
Good point, didn't mention that. But maybe it is also working with kind of FW Spoofing or Game editing (thinking about the SFO Edit trick for PS3) :)

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm liking these updates. They've been doing a good job of reassuring their customer base and likely expanding it massively. Can't wait to give mine a run for the first time.

Reactions: 2Hack and Sonicx64

KnightOnline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Our proven policy is not to rush a product for a quick shameless buck, but to release highly featured updates which are also future proof.
Since the only way to play 9.2+ games, in other words, "future proof", is through Emunand, I think this is an indirect confirmation of Emunand.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Threads merged. That tiny bit of "update" does not need its own separate thread. Stay on topic if you want this to say open.
(I hope you all know, I am waiting with you. I have a japanese Dragon Quest 3DS special edition LL that I updated to 9.2 just for this occasion and am waiting patiently to see if I should in fact buy a Gateway cart.)

Remember, no hype train.
MEcK0sU.gif

JK, the hype train is over here in the IRC channels
irc://irc.gbatemp.net:4500/gatewayhype
Mibbit: http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#gatewayhype&server=irc.gbatemp.net:4500

KnightOnline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It has to have emunand out of the box if it didn't you wouldn't be able to install cia's. And also for everyone waiting with n3ds like myself you have to get a bigger micro SD card for your system because the backup nand will be 4 times bigger then older 3ds and the emunand partition will have to be bigger too

Would you mind giving some more details for those of us who haven't had 4.5 gateway experience? Does Gateway literally re-partition the microSD card? or is the "partition" just files on the card? And I thought all Emunand-related stuff was saved in the SD card of the 3DS, not the microSD inside Gateway, am I wrong?

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a lot of purchased digital eshop titles - if i installed emunand, would I be able to keep them on the same SD? if it formats the SD card, then should I back them up beforehand using my computer then copy them back onto the emunand partition afterwards? that should work fine yes?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My heart stopped when I saw something new on their page. BUT HEY, it seems that the exploit works on every firmware up to 9.2. My guess is that the old and new users are gonna be using the same exploit. Basically every regular up to date is exploitable which is great news for someone who wants to upgrade (like me) but bad news for those who are selling.

Soon :wub:

Excelsior!!!

Reactions: Phantom_User

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has to have emunand out of the box if it didn't you wouldn't be able to install cia's. And also for everyone waiting with n3ds like myself you have to get a bigger micro SD card for your system because the backup nand will be 4 times bigger then older 3ds and the emunand partition will have to be bigger too

Never thought about this before. Can you explain more or give some suggestions? Of course we'll have to wait on Gateway's final word, I imagine a lot of N3DS owners being angry if they can't use new update because of not owning a big enough microSD card.

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought 2 32gig flash cards, one for gateway and one for in the 3ds, so i think I am good J.
But some people talk about installing cia files. I know they are game update file (right?), but do you simply download them from the eshop or is the same as with roms?

And can you also 'install' a game to the ds micro sd (like if you bought the game throw the eshop).

TwoBladedKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought 2 32gig flash cards, one for gateway and one for in the 3ds, so i think I am good J.
But some people talk about installing cia files. I know they are game update file (right?), but do you simply download them from the eshop or is the same as with roms?

And can you also 'install' a game to the ds micro sd (like if you bought the game throw the eshop).

I went 64. Go hard or go home. Though I didn't even think about getting one for the n3ds itself... Guess that'll be my next purchase.

Reactions: Sonicx64

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How big a card do we need for the N3DS itself? I've got an 8GB laying around. The one that comes with the system itself is 4GB. I ordered a 32GB for Gateway, guess I might go out and get another card if it becomes necessary.

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How big a card do we need for the N3DS itself? I've got an 8GB laying around. The one that comes with the system itself is 4GB. I ordered a 32GB for Gateway, guess I might go out and get another card if it becomes necessary.

Depands on the number of game patches, saves and dlc's you want to store I guese. And if you want to install games on the 3DS (if that is possible)

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Ok I have never used Gateway before cuz I missed that 4.1-4.5 opportunity and I remember I was so mad at them cuz when they released or announced that it needed that range or FWs I think was really too late cuz almost everyone have updated. And Im sure I wasnt the onlyone. Well thats why I was soo happy with Sky3DS and the ability to run perfectly on the latest FW and be able to finally use a 3DS Flashcart. And I was about to pull the trigger and buy a Sky3DS and a N3DSLL cuz the N3DSLL that I want (Smash Bros Edition) comes with 8.1 and GW says that older FW support was gonna come after 9.0-9.2 release. And seeing how long have been for that update I was inagine that older FWs support after that will never see the light of the day. But after this new news from GW just destroyed my Interest on Sky3DS as my main FlashCart and the Hype Train is REAL! I might buy a Sky3DS later though.

Now as a completely new Gateway user that has never experienced it before is there something I should know beforehand?

Reactions: 2Hack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious