Hacking GATEWAY 4.1 PRIVATE BETA RELEASE

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making you buy another red card :evil:

Basically this 110%.

At the end of the day, this is also why any knowledgeable user on this forum will tell you to NEVER install "Gateway Fastboot" and simply install the "real" A9LH via plailect's guide. You can still use gateway with it, it just takes some basic forum searching/reading skills to figure out how. (Or, you know, ask nicely in the right existing thread.) Even the die-hard Gateway fan boys will tell you to install A9LH via Plailect's guide and avoid "gateway fastboot" like a plague infested hooker.

Atro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before v2 a9lh if I lost my SD Card there'd be no way to turn on my 3DS without buying another one. C'mon guys, no one is perfect, but if there's one thing we can do, it's improve. Gateway is now taking votes for new features. They can improve, we just have to stop destroying their assholes everytime they put something out and y'know, start worrying about how we're gonna get them to improve.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before v2 a9lh if I lost my SD Card there'd be no way to turn on my 3DS without buying another one. C'mon guys, no one is perfect, but if there's one thing we can do, it's improve. Gateway is now taking votes for new features. They can improve, we just have to stop destroying their assholes everytime they put something out and y'know, start worrying about how we're gonna get them to improve.
um, even with A9LHv1, you didnt have to buy a new 3ds because you lost your sd card. Hell iirc all you needed was another copy of the arm9loadhax.bin file you used to launch your cfw, and since those were not in any way unique to the console....

What you might be thinking of was if you lost the OTP bin you were screwed on reinstalling A9LH.

Atro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um, even with A9LHv1, you didnt have to buy a new 3ds because you lost your sd card. Hell iirc all you needed was another copy of the arm9loadhax.bin file you used to launch your cfw, and since those were not in any way unique to the console....

What you might be thinking of was if you lost the OTP bin you were screwed on reinstalling A9LH.
The "buying another one" doesn't apply to the 3DS, silly goose.
It applies to the SD Card.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "buying another one" doesn't apply to the 3DS, silly goose.
It applies to the SD Card.

A very silly goose indeed. That said, most A9LHv3 users would still need to buy a new sd card to boot their system. From what I understand, ShadowNAND (and its equivalents) are not that widely installed yet.

Atro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A very silly goose indeed. That said, most A9LHv3 users would still need to buy a new sd card to boot their system. From what I understand, ShadowNAND (and its equivalents) are not that widely installed yet.
Well yeah if we look at it from a realistic standpoint. But it's still something that's possible at the current time, which wasn't before.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you fucking kidding me? They do fucking keys? :gun:

Yes, a key, like A or B, or maybe L or Start...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I removed GW's A9LH implementation just fine from their A9LH boot menu, which didn't require the Red Card at all... and it left the OTP keys on the SD card so I could easily switch to another A9LH loader.

Atro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I removed GW's A9LH implementation just fine from their A9LH boot menu, which didn't require the Red Card at all... and it left the OTP keys on the SD card so I could easily switch to another A9LH loader.
The reason people don't know that this is possible is because we waste our time arguing and shitting over Gateway, rather than taking the time to even examine what it is that was put out.

I wouldn't be surprised if @Swiftloke made this thread just for the sake of bad mouthing the product.

Reactions: Nightwish

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That is a useful bit of information to know, thanks for taking the risk and finding out for us.

Reactions: Swiftloke

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh. Lol. :P
The reason people don't know that this is possible is because we waste our time arguing and shitting over Gateway, rather than taking the time to even examine what it is that was put out.

I wouldn't be surprised if @Swiftloke made this thread just for the sake of bad mouthing the product.
No way, that's not it at all!
Shit he found out :P
Edit: 250th reply! =D

Last edited by Swiftloke,

Atro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does that even mean.. ?_?
You can easily use Gateway's menu to restore a backup, it's been an option for a while. You never had to have a red card to use the features of the Gateway menu, besides accessing the CFW itself. Theoretically, this is a form of brick protection as well.

And like he said, the OTP.bin was preserved, so he could easily install a different A9LH.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Making you buy another red card
Pure evil!!!

One question. The GW A9HL tutorial it's more faster then norma
You can easily use Gateway's menu to restore a backup, it's been an option for a while. You never had to have a red card to use the features of the Gateway menu, besides accessing the CFW itself. Theoretically, this is a form of brick protection as well.

And like he said, the OTP.bin was preserved, so he could easily install a different A9LH.

The gateway process its faster then normal one?

The only point i want try GW process its seems to be less complicated. I cant follow the a9lh original tutorial because its too much information and process. Why gateway tutorial seems so simple?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Pure evil!!!

One question. The GW A9HL tutorial it's more faster then norma

The gateway process its faster then normal one?

The only point i want try GW process its seems to be less complicated. I cant follow the a9lh original tutorial because its too much information and process. Why gateway tutorial seems so simple?
Au contraire. The Plailect guide looks complicated because a) it contains multiple safeguards to prevent you doing something silly and b)holds your hand throughout the whole process. Which recipe would you prefer:

1) cook some biscuits (letting you burn down your house if you set the oven too high or for too long)
2) measure 200g of plain flour, put it in a steel 30cm mixing bowl, preset oven to 200 degrees ... and here is a special safety oven that calls the fire brigade if it smells smoke and auto switches off after half an hour ...

2) means no guessing, no bricks.

Gateway is the first recipe in case you didn't get that. (Skips safety and leaves you to guess how to fix things)

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
thats why they are still polishing the details, the process is getting better, probably with the final release that process will be fast and easy, i prefer the a9lh that we use for cfw and use gateway with that, i have the best of both, probably when their fork is better ill try it, but as of right now i dont need to use it

Atro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question: if my gw is up to 10.7 emunand,
um can gw frim 4.1 support 11.0 etc?
also how can you update your gw from 10.7 to 11.0?
emunand ofc.
All Gateway versions from 3.7.1 support 11.0 emuNAND. To update your system, just go into system settings and hit system update.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question: if my gw is up to 10.7 emunand,
um can gw frim 4.1 support 11.0 etc?
also how can you update your gw from 10.7 to 11.0?
emunand ofc.

If you are not planning to use A9LH, stick with the 3.7.1 version of Gateway. 4.1B does not contain any new features related to the cfw itself. All changes are related to loading via A9LH.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3