Hacking GATEWAY 4.1 PRIVATE BETA RELEASE

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, a hearty thanks to user @Aroth for helping me out, and for being patient enough with me. Was pretty much able to get everything sorted out.

So now, mine's all A9'd with Luma and GW 4.0b, with the sysNAND all current and everything.

A9 master race? How about A9 CFW+GW Divinity? :ha:
View attachment 58209

Btw, if you are using separate microSD cards for the NDS and 3DS flashcarts (like most sane, rational people), you can safely use the 4.1b launcher.dat. Turns out the blackscreen I was getting was a Type-10 error.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say, how's the glory of the a9lh master race coming along for you?
It's very... subtle. As said at first, while I didn't have a way to measure it, it does feel faster in loading. And at least, if I need to switch payloads, just doing one of the many things that would warrant the 3DS to reset grants me the opportunity to do so.

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
It has been less then a week since, Gateway 3DS Team released the most recent Private Beta for their 3DS Flashcarts, now they are back with short news tip about how you can now more easier report bugs found, and request new features for the next release. v4.1b that was released a few days ago corrected alot of errors found in v4.0b, but it took over a month to release, and one reason was because its so hard for the Gateway 3DS developers to follow all the reports and threads and forums out there, so they have setup a new system recently and have posted the news about it on their official site:

We hope you are enjoying our new update, which we believe is strong and solid and running smoothly on most consoles.

However, we know nobody’s perfect, and some of you might detect some small bugs we left behind.

We need your help! If you discover or suffer from a bug with our latest firmware (Gateway 4.1V), please post about it on this page:

http://www.maxconsole.com/votings/categories/gateway-3ds-bug-tracker.1/

We are carefully monitoring it and will test every bug reported. We will try to fix the most common ones as soon as possible but will work on all of them for a perfect release over time.

Simultaneously, and since we ask you to post there above to help us with bug tracking, we also would like to ask you to contribute to the improvement of Gateway 3DS by voting here for the features you would like to be added to Gateway 3DS:

http://www.maxconsole.com/votings/categories/gateway-3ds-feature-request.2/

The highest the vote, the more the chances are that the requested features will be developed next. Please understand we can’t include in our firmware every single request right away, but we will add all feasible ones step by step, starting with the most popular demands.

Thank you again for your support, and we hope to receive a lot of feedback to improve our product, with your help, and the hard work of our dev team.

We are here to stay, so do not worry when we are silent for a little while, we are committed to our product, and as you have seen during the past 3 years, we keep coming up with updates and will continue to do so to make Gateway the best investment you have ever made. Enjoy!

Already in less than a day, two important bugs been reported, and eight new feature requests have been listed.

You already don't have to be a member of MaxConsole to vote on these listed bugs and already requested features (so check out the list and vote them up or down depending how important it is to you or not, or if bug needs fixing urgently or is not that bad).

And we are now working on updated system which will allow non-members to report bugs/request features, as some people have expressed concerns in signing up to a forum just to use it, and I will update this thread when that has been done which should be in few days after this weekend.

Stay tuned, as more good things are in store for Gateway 3DS flashcart, already a new release is getting prepared and ready for testing to private alpha testers, before getting released on the site soon(tm).

Reactions: samiam144

SigmaSebas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I was doing the time machine downgrade, like the fu*kers of Gateway told me, and in the middle of the downgrade, there was an error, and now I am on a weird 2.x firmware, and nothing works. What can I do? I don't own any games, and I downgraded from 4.5 to 2.X.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I was doing the time machine downgrade, like the fu*kers of Gateway told me, and in the middle of the downgrade, there was an error, and now I am on a weird 2.x firmware, and nothing works. What can I do? I don't own any games, and I downgraded from 4.5 to 2.X.
You can get your OTP and update to 9.2 then install proper a9lh from there.

Follow this: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Browser-OTP

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been less then a week since, Gateway 3DS Team released the most recent Private Beta for their 3DS Flashcarts, now they are back with short news tip about how you can now more easier report bugs found, and request new features for the next release. v4.1b that was released a few days ago corrected alot of errors found in v4.0b, but it took over a month to release, and one reason was because its so hard for the Gateway 3DS developers to follow all the reports and threads and forums out there, so they have setup a new system recently and have posted the news about it on their official site:

Already in less than a day, two important bugs been reported, and eight new feature requests have been listed.

You already don't have to be a member of MaxConsole to vote on these listed bugs and already requested features (so check out the list and vote them up or down depending how important it is to you or not, or if bug needs fixing urgently or is not that bad).

And we are now working on updated system which will allow non-members to report bugs/request features, as some people have expressed concerns in signing up to a forum just to use it, and I will update this thread when that has been done which should be in few days after this weekend.

Stay tuned, as more good things are in store for Gateway 3DS flashcart, already a new release is getting prepared and ready for testing to private alpha testers, before getting released on the site soon(tm).
What about crediting the devs of a9lh? Are you all working on that? Or are your heads stuck so far up your asses that you can't admit that a piracy company could never invent something so brilliant?

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
What about crediting the devs of a9lh? Are you all working on that? Or are your heads stuck so far up your asses that you can't admit that a piracy company could never invent something so brilliant?
While they don't technically adhere to the requirements of the GNU license, they never claimed to invent it.

Looking at their old posts, they mention A9LH as if the reader already knows exactly what it is.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While they don't technically adhere to the requirements of the GNU license, they never claimed to invent it.

Looking at their old posts, they mention A9LH as if the reader already knows exactly what it is.
"Formerly known as a9lh"
I dunno. To me, slapping a new name on a product and calling the real product the old, outdated version seems a bit like claiming it as their own work. Just my own opinion though. I hope you can understand it ^_^

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Whether people are capable of expressing it or not, I think the bigger issue most people have is that over the course of 3 posts they went from "we are working on a safe way to implement the new arm9loaderhax for our users" to "Now YOU can enjoy all the wonder of GATEWAY FASTBOOT!" as if it was something great and new that they created. When in reality they are peddling an outdated, crippled, and quite frankly dangerous version of an existing exploit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"Formerly known as a9lh"
I dunno. To me, slapping a new name on a product and calling the real product the old, outdated version seems a bit like claiming it as their own work. Just my own opinion though. I hope you can understand it ^_^

This goes doubly so when their own implementation is the one that is actually outdated.

Last edited by Aroth,
Reactions: Swiftloke

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether people are capable of expressing it or not, I think the bigger issue most people have is that over the course of 3 posts they went from "we are working on a safe way to implement the new arm9loaderhax for our users" to "Now YOU can enjoy all the wonder of GATEWAY FASTBOOT!" as if it was something great and new that they created. When in reality they are peddling an outdated, crippled, and quite frankly dangerous version of an existing exploit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This goes doubly so when their own implementation is the one that is actually outdated.
A perfect summary of my thoughts. People tend to express my opinions better than I do sometimes :glare:

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Whether people are capable of expressing it or not, I think the bigger issue most people have is that over the course of 3 posts they went from "we are working on a safe way to implement the new arm9loaderhax for our users" to "Now YOU can enjoy all the wonder of GATEWAY FASTBOOT!" as if it was something great and new that they created. When in reality they are peddling an outdated, crippled, and quite frankly dangerous version of an existing exploit. This goes doubly so when their own implementation is the one that is actually outdated.
The only reason it's more dangerous is that their instructions skipped over important safety details, like downgrading emuNAND first. From what I've read (I haven't tried it since I already have A9LH installed), the implementation itself is somewhat safe, at least as safe as a private beta can be when it's labled "Files on this page should be treated with extreme care and only used by advanced users who have access to a way to restore their 3DS NAND". Early open source implementations were just as unstable.

And none of that is any reason to spread hate at this level. Some people are very hostile towards Gateway. Just half an hour ago, vb_encryption_vb attacked a forum administrator announcing some pretty nice developments on the official support forum. It's as if this is what the "cool" kids are doing these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH