Hacking Gateway and Freeshop Questions

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I have a few questions about Gateway format games and the shop of freeness:

I couldn't find certain games on the shop of freeness (Tales of The Abyss), but I do have said game on Gateway in .3ds format. Can that game be converted to .cia format? If yes, how do I go about converting it? Also once converted if possible, how would I install it? Thoughts and help on all this appreciated :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Copy .3ds file to your 3ds sd card, then in godmode9 navigate to the .3ds file, select it and go to ncch image options---> build CIA from file, wait for it to finish then use fbi to installe the resulting .cia file

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I couldn't find certain games on the shop of freeness (Tales of The Abyss), but I do have said game on Gateway in .3ds format. Can that game be converted to .cia format? If yes, how do I go about converting it? Also once converted if possible, how would I install it? Thoughts and help on all this appreciated

if you don´t find a game in this Freeshop, Ciangel theres No Key on That Title Site for this game aviable ... only Cardridge Dump´s at the moment ... and for Converting .3ds to .cia you look here https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage.html ;)

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you don´t find a game in this Freeshop, Ciangel theres No Key on That Title Site for this game aviable ... only Cardridge Dump´s at the moment ... and for Converting .3ds to .cia you look here https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage.html ;)

Thanks! But how do I get godmode9? On my Luma setup, holding Start on boot starts Luma3DS chainloader, but there is no godmode9 listed...

Last edited by Skeet1983,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well the guide now only deals with b9s installs so you will have to follow the update guide here
https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s then setup godmode9 to a button so for example copy the godmode9.firm to luma/payloads and rename it to say start_godmode9.firm

Or if you wanna skip upgrading to b9s for now you can just copy the godmode9.bin to luma/payloads and rename to start_godmode9.bin (or another unused button i.e up_ or down_ etc)

Reactions: Skeet1983

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that .3ds format games can be converted to .cia format, but what about .3dz format games? Can they be converted to .cia format also? I have a few that are in .3dz format. Thoughts and help appreciated :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I know that .3ds format games can be converted to .cia format, but what about .3dz format games? Can they be converted to .cia format also? I have a few that are in .3dz format. Thoughts and help appreciated :)
Yeah idk if godmode9 can directly recognize .3dz as a game, but you can simply rename them to .3ds and follow the same steps

EDIT: just checked and yeah, godmode9 also recognises .3dz automatically so you don't need to rename them

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Skeet1983

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, here is where I am at: I tried to copy a few games from my Gateway mSD to my N3DS mSD for conversion to .cia format. My computer said the files are too big to copy (About 4GB each), yet there is plenty of room on my N3DS mSD card? Is there anything I can do? The N3DS mSD card is in FAT32 format. Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never use it