• Total voters

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes I've seen this claim - and it is an explanation. But one of the people posting the claim - profi200 doesn't even seem to know that gcc compiler option "-march=armv6k" targets an arm11 cpu - so credibility is lacking for me. Also, late in the day he claims it's difficult to follow the code because of obfuscation - I would have thought this would have been mentioned right at the start - Gateway would surely have to use code obfuscation or encryption to get away with such a devious scheme.
Profi200 had a (not published) 3DS homebrew running before the Python Tools were released! You might not trust him but I do.

Reactions: NEP and profi200

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so how many reports of gateway users using official gateway files have there been that have gotten a BSOD, i think i have seen one on here and another on maxconsole......................sudeki300

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why isn't there an option for "They shouldn't have bricked anything, and should have avoided being childish asshats that failed to accept the reality of the inevitable rip-offs"

Honestly, they even if they had just went for bricking the clones, that would have still been incredibly wrong of them to do so, because there's always going to be groups that'll rip-off the first product on the block, and they'll never be able to stop it. All they're doing is effectively destroying the trust their userbase has in them, and keeping people away from their products.

At this point in time, when a clone team comes around with solid evidence of their shit being safe, I'll go for the clone just because after the GW Team's actions, I want to see them being ripped off and ran into the ground.

Reactions: Punkrox and dc740

Punkrox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
At this point in time, when a clone team comes around with solid evidence of their shit being safe, I'll go for the clone just because after the GW Team's actions, I want to see them being ripped off and ran into the ground.

+1. I was going to buy their next generation card but fuck that shit. The gateway team is almost as bad as the GW circle jerking in this forum (and thread).

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am happy people are getting their 3DSs bricked. I support piracy on older systems like a PSP or DS, where the games are already out of print and hard to find. But the 3DS is still young and has years of life left. People that only want to download free games and not support the developers DESERVE to have broken systems. I dont have extra money laying around, but if I want a new 3DS game or game off the e-Shop i do some work and make money and buy it. I used to be ALL about piracy. But I support the 3DS and respect Nintendos efforts too much for me to think this whole Gateway thing is right. Screw Gateway and its clones and supporters. Hope you Gateway users get bricked or decided to stop using the device :) good day

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This poll needs another option "I don't care, i use legal cartridges"

I have 2 3ds, one for normal cartridges and one for Gateway, but right now, there's enough good games to play that i have originals, so even though i use Gateway, i didn't upgraded to firmware 2.0b2, so i don't care right now for what's happening.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am happy people are getting their 3DSs bricked. I support piracy on older systems like a PSP or DS, where the games are already out of print and hard to find. But the 3DS is still young and has years of life left. People that only want to download free games and not support the developers DESERVE to have broken systems. I dont have extra money laying around, but if I want a new 3DS game or game off the e-Shop i do some work and make money and buy it. I used to be ALL about piracy. But I support the 3DS and respect Nintendos efforts too much for me to think this whole Gateway thing is right. Screw Gateway and its clones and supporters. Hope you Gateway users get bricked or decided to stop using the device :) good day
*cough* Region Free mod for retail games *cough*

Reactions: NEP and DQScott95

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why isn't there an option for "They shouldn't have bricked anything, and should have avoided being childish asshats that failed to accept the reality of the inevitable rip-offs"

Honestly, they even if they had just went for bricking the clones, that would have still been incredibly wrong of them to do so, because there's always going to be groups that'll rip-off the first product on the block, and they'll never be able to stop it. All they're doing is effectively destroying the trust their userbase has in them, and keeping people away from their products.
if they actually did intentially put this brick code in, I think it achieved exactly what you are claiming is some "impossible dream".

they've pretty much guaranteed no one will be buying one of the knockoffs anymore.

resellers will stop stocking them, since they won't want to deal with people pissed off their devices are kaput.

so basically, you've got this whole thing backwards.

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This poll needs another option "I don't care, i use legal cartridges"
There's no need for that because if you don't care, you just move along. The problem is that people without flashcarts who do not support any kind of bricking have no option to pick. It would be great if mods fixed it.
if they actually did intentially put this brick code in, I think it achieved exactly what you are claiming is some "impossible dream".

they've pretty much guaranteed no one will be buying one of the knockoffs anymore.

resellers will stop stocking them, since they won't want to deal with people pissed off their devices are kaput.

So much denial and wishful thinking, I couldn't help but quote.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You'd be surprised at how things can backfire; I wouldn't rule anything out at this point in time. Although, given that the GW Team is pretty savvy with PR, who knows what's going to happen at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, watching the first episode of the anime we were talking about last night