Hacking gateway GW3D 11.10 (B9S AND CFW)

alborto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, i followed the guide with an European old 3ds and it works without problems.
Where i got problems is on my European New 3DS XL.
I have Sysnand 11.14.0-46E with B9S Luma etc following the https://3ds.hacks.guide
Then i folllowed the guide from @aadz93, creating a emunand with godmode, unlink sysnand, putting files from updates.rar and new3DS GW v11.14.0-46E.rar to the root of my sd, followed the German guide form point 1 to 3b but, after the downgrade with 7 files in the updates folder, i have arm11 core 1 exception undefined instruction error in luma, black screen on GW and a good working sysnand.
I followed all the guides 3 times on my New 3DS XL with every time the same error and i can't understand why :(
Please help me.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
OP
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i followed the guide with an European old 3ds and it works without problems.
Where i got problems is on my European New 3DS XL.
I have Sysnand 11.14.0-46E with B9S Luma etc following the https://3ds.hacks.guide
Then i folllowed the guide from @aadz93, creating a emunand with godmode, unlink sysnand, putting files from updates.rar and new3DS GW v11.14.0-46E.rar to the root of my sd, followed the German guide form point 1 to 3b but, after the downgrade with 7 files in the updates folder, i have arm11 core 1 exception undefined instruction error in luma, black screen on GW and a good working sysnand.
I followed all the guides 3 times on my New 3DS XL with every time the same error and i can't understand why :(
Please help me.

seems either the emunand wasn't setup properly, or you did not use the correct files (for sysupdater, o3ds and n3ds don't use the same files, and the files must match console region), create a new emunand, don't unlink them unless its done automatically in godmode9, i've used emunands 2-4gb, works fine on my US n3dsxl

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

alborto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
seems either the emunand wasn't setup properly, or you did not use the correct files (for sysupdater, o3ds and n3ds don't use the same files, and the files must match console region), create a new emunand, don't unlink them unless its done automatically in godmode9, i've used emunands 2-4gb, works fine on my US n3dsxl
Whit the new 3ds xl I did all the same things that i did in the old 3ds, but i used the different archive from the German guide.
I used the right file for the right consolle, firmware version, and region, i donwloaded all the files more time to be sure, i'm totaly lost.

I used GW emunand full, with predefinite settings, is it correct?

Last edited by alborto,

Deleted member 668561

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whit the new 3ds xl I did all the same things that i did in the old 3ds, but i used the different archive from the German guide.
I used the right file for the right consolle, firmware version, and region, i donwloaded all the files more time to be sure, i'm totaly lost.

I used GW emunand full, with predefinite settings, is it correct?

I have no clue, never had any issues, sounds like something you're doing within sysupdater, make sure you select downgrade (y), and make sure they're n3ds files and eur version

It'd be easier if I could just include everything but @DinohScene and @VinsCool have a gun pointed so I can't include them

Deleted member 668561

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry I'm so late to this thread. would this work with stargate? (which is the same as gateway just rebranded right?)

No Stargate and sky3ds, are effectively the cartridge equivalent of a ODE (optical drive emulation) for a disk based console like xk3y for the 360, they work by emulating a legitimate 3ds cartridge itself, and can ONLY run official (signed) .3ds dumps/ROMs, they are completely self contained and don't run cfw or homebrew

Gateway works different, it's actually a cfw, the cfw handles cartridge emulation in software, not on the cartridge itself, since it's also cfw, you can do pretty much everything Luma3ds can

Reactions: tortugarosado

tortugarosado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Stargate and sky3ds, are effectively the cartridge equivalent of a ODE (optical drive emulation) for a disk based console like xk3y for the 360, they work by emulating a legitimate 3ds cartridge itself, and can ONLY run official (signed) .3ds dumps/ROMs, they are completely self contained and don't run cfw or homebrew

Gateway works different, it's actually a cfw, the cfw handles cartridge emulation in software, not on the cartridge itself, since it's also cfw, you can do pretty much everything Luma3ds can
thank you for the detailed response. i like how you explain how these things work (hoping to learn someday:))

tortugarosado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i need your help. how to boot into emunand with luma? i made emunand which erased my sd card, kinda stuck on what to do now, I power on my JP 3ds xl and it boots into original firmware, I still have gm9. (I made a backup of my sd card before making the emunand), I'm unclear on what to do next? your original instructions arent clear enough for me (prob just being a noob), if you could please explain what to do after making the emunand and how to actually boot into it? thanks

Deleted member 668561

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i need your help. how to boot into emunand with luma? i made emunand which erased my sd card, kinda stuck on what to do now, I power on my JP 3ds xl and it boots into original firmware, I still have gm9. (I made a backup of my sd card before making the emunand), I'm unclear on what to do next? your original instructions arent clear enough for me (prob just being a noob), if you could please explain what to do after making the emunand and how to actually boot into it? thanks

Copy the boot.firm for Luma back to the sd, along with the files included

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You hold select when booting

Deleted member 668561

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note this is a partial downgrade to 9.2 (homemenu, and some system cia's), you can also use matching cia's and do a partial 11.2 downgrade, however I'd recommend with using the 9.2 as in the tut as it's much more compatible with homebrew imho

You can also just create an emunand and downgrade it to 11.2 or earlier aswell, and keep sysnand fully updated

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you must have b9s and luma already, and your console should ALREADY BE UPDATED to 11.10.xxx WITH LUMA AND B9S
Thanks for all your hard work on this @aadz93. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.
I'm currently on an o3DSXL (Sysnand Ver. 4.5.0-10U) and (EnuNand GW3D 11.2.0-35U). I've never installed Luma, B9S or the like.

What is the best way to get my system prepared before I can use your instructions?

Deleted member 668561

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your hard work on this @aadz93. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.
I'm currently on an o3DSXL (Sysnand Ver. 4.5.0-10U) and (EnuNand GW3D 11.2.0-35U). I've never installed Luma, B9S or the like.

What is the best way to get my system prepared before I can use your instructions?
https://3ds.hacks.guide

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luma3ds will run on sysnand or emunand, gateway will only boot emunand, full homebrew will work on both when you press power
Thanks for all your help. I'm good to go.

Edit: Wait, one more question.
I can only connect to the Internet while using SysNAND. It isn't working in EmuNAND or GatewayNAND.
Is this normal?

(Microphone check 1,2,1,2. Is this thing on?)

Last edited by djnate27,

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to convert some of my Gateway .3ds titles to .cia so I bought a bigger SD card (128GB). The problem is lost the steps I had when I moved from my 8GB to 32GB card and I can't tell what's the best way to do this now (there are so many conflicting tutorials). Also, I would also like to expand my EMUNAND from 1GB to 2GB if possible.

Last edited by djnate27,

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uum, i think for upgrading SD card just copy & posty all the files from the older SD to the new one. Though i don't know if emunand will work that easily or not. You can convert .3ds files to cia with GodMode9.

Deleted member 668561

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your help. I'm good to go.

Edit: Wait, one more question.
I can only connect to the Internet while using SysNAND. It isn't working in EmuNAND or GatewayNAND.
Is this normal?

(Microphone check 1,2,1,2. Is this thing on?)

eShop won't work in the emunand, if you have private headers online play works fine

Eshop works fine booting the sysnand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: