Hacking Gateway menu problem on n3ds

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Perhaps explain your new issues better? I had trouble understanding fully. Are you trying to boot HB?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok we now had everything up and running! "had".
Formatting emunand whilst devmenu etc is installed on sysnand didn't work. What we did is we installed devmenu using pasta whilst the nands were linked.
That allowed us to install everything else in emunand. After that we unlinked them and everything was working fine. We set up autoboot (with some nice images :P) and it was done. The problem was that we still were on 9.0 so we updated the emunand. Problem is that it now doesn't boot up emunand anymore. It's just a black screen. We assumed it was because of themehax (which was still installed in emunand) so we deleted the theme extdata folder from the emunand.
But unfortunately this didn't work :/
Is there any way for us to fix it? Or just get a higher version than 9.2 in emunand?
Also his newest cartridge game is Pokemon X so we can't update from the cart.
Themehax only supports linked NANDs if both NANDs are on the same firmware. If NANDs have different firmware, you need to unlink them to use themehax.

Edit: When you have your NANDs linked and have Devmenu installed on sysnand, copy the Nintendo 3DS folder on your SD to your PC. Then Format EMUNAND. Then Format system memory (to unlink NANDs). After that, configurate your sysnand and copy back the Nintendo 3DS folder and merge it with the newly created one on SD. Install custom firmware and boot to EMUNAND, you should have DevMenu!

Last edited by tivu100,

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Themehax only supports linked NANDs if both NANDs are on the same firmware. If NANDs have different firmware, you need to unlink them to use themehax.
The problem is not with themehax. (In case you want to know. It actually does work. I compiled myself some themehax payloads which load different config files and it works fine on my 2ds and worked fine on his n3ds)
The problem is about updating the emunand. Is there any way to update to 9.5?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is not with themehax. (In case you want to know. It actually does work. I compiled myself some themehax payloads which load different config files and it works fine on my 2ds and worked fine on his n3ds)
The problem is about updating the emunand. Is there any way to update to 9.5?
It is themehax problem with linked NANDs on different firmware and N3DS >9.5 EMUNAND.

You said your 2DS has unlinked NANDs that is different.

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It is themehax problem with linked NANDs on different firmware and N3DS >9.5 EMUNAND.

You said your 2DS has unlinked NANDs that is different.
Well we already unlinked them. As I said everything was working fine, except when I tried to update the emunand. I had two different themehax installations using both different files (pad cfg, image).

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we already unlinked them. As I said everything was working fine, except when I tried to update the emunand. I had two different themehax installations using both different files (pad cfg, image).
If you want to update past 9.5 on N3DS EMUNAND, the answer is not possible at the moment.

Edit: I don't know what you meant by having 2 themehax?

Last edited by tivu100,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...