Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You do realise that people say this with every fw upgrade and the thing is still working. Folks have been saying this the last 3 upgrades.
It will be blocked. You can hide behind your ignorance all you want. Gateway has more to offer than Sky ever will. Not to mention with sky? You have to use a POS diskwriter utility.. And absolutely inaccurate templates. How do I know? I use the damn thing. The Sky is not a Holy Grail that solves all of your problems. It's as much a hassle as Gateway if not worse. Don't be a fanboy (yeah, that's how you use it).

Reactions: Margen67

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be blocked. You can hide behind your ignorance all you want. Gateway has more to offer than Sky ever will. Not to mention with sky? You have to use a POS diskwriter utility.. And absolutely inaccurate templates. How do I know? I use the damn thing. The Sky is not a Holy Grail that solves all of your problems. It's as much a hassle as Gateway if not worse. Don't be a fanboys (yeah, that's how you use it).
Again, Im #TEAMPLAYGAMESRIGHTNOW.
I dont have a 'dog' in whatever tiresome fight you are trying to concoct with that post.

What part of "I would insta-buy Gateway right now if it supported the latest firmware..blah blah.." in my previous post did you fail to read and properly comprehend?
As for the 'ignorance', you are underlining yours with your trite psychic ability. Like you somehow know that this will happen without proof or even a technical argument to backup your claim. While we are living in the now, my card works.

......speaking of which, what are you playing now?
*logs back into the e-shop to purchase new titles on my 9.4.021 3DS XL with Sky3ds card securely in slot*

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be blocked. You can hide behind your ignorance all you want. Gateway has more to offer than Sky ever will. Not to mention with sky? You have to use a POS diskwriter utility.. And absolutely inaccurate templates. How do I know? I use the damn thing. The Sky is not a Holy Grail that solves all of your problems. It's as much a hassle as Gateway if not worse. Don't be a fanboy (yeah, that's how you use it).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sky3ds-...f-micro-sd-are-you-using.376925/#post-5227032
Enjoy!

D

Deleted User

I think we should be neutral here.. dont be a fanboys either Sky3DS or GW... I think both has plus and minus.
Afterall eventhough either Sky3DS or GW is blocked in "next" ( or another Next ) update, we just simply dont
update it until GW/Sky3DS say it is safe to update it. Heck, if I can get either GW or Sky3DS, I can put 10 games
or more, I can play it for few months, I am happy enough. I can wait patiently until they update it. Also not
everyone here has both products to compare it by themselves. No used to fight between us as users.

Sky3ds isn't updatable, everything is set in stone for this card. You can't change a damn thing about it when they ship it to you, as it's all hardware trickery.
Any new change means a new card, which.. you have to buy.. AGAIN. This is a rip off scheme. And that is why many people are against sky3ds.

And FYI: Gateway still is at their FIRST CARD that they made 18 months ago. That's durability for ya.

Reactions: Margen67
D

Deleted User

Again, Im #TEAMPLAYGAMESRIGHTNOW.
I dont have a 'dog' in whatever tiresome fight you are trying to concoct with that post.

What part of "I would insta-buy Gateway right now if it supported the latest firmware..blah blah.." in my previous post did you fail to read and properly comprehend?
As for the 'ignorance', you are underlining yours with your trite psychic ability. Like you somehow know that this will happen without proof or even a technical argument to backup your claim. While we are living in the now, my card works.

......speaking of which, what are you playing now?
*logs back into the e-shop to purchase new titles on my 9.4.021 3DS XL with Sky3ds card securely in slot*

I'm playing eshop games like monster shooter on GW with 4.5 3DS.. How about you? Oh that's right.. eshop games and out-of-region are not supported with sky3ds!

*goes back to playing eshop games*

PS this is a joke, I actually pay for my games ;)

xps2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we should be neutral here.. dont be a fanboys either Sky3DS or GW... I think both has plus and minus.
Afterall eventhough either Sky3DS or GW is blocked in "next" ( or another Next ) update, we just simply dont
update it until GW/Sky3DS say it is safe to update it. Heck, if I can get either GW or Sky3DS, I can put 10 games
or more, I can play it for few months, I am happy enough. I can wait patiently until they update it. Also not
everyone here has both products to compare it by themselves. No used to fight between us as users.

yes i agree with you

i say gateway3ds is the best of the best 3ds card right now

but the only down side to it you need to be patience wait in till they release the support for firmware versions 7.0 ~ 9.2 and is cheaper CIA region free

on the other side the sky3ds is not a bad card after all

i have

Samsung 64GB PRO Class 10 Micro SDXC

Samsung 32GB & 16GB PRO Class 10 Micro SDHC

Samsung 128GB & 64GB EVO Class 10 SDXC

Samsung 32GB & 16GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDHC

3DS XL V4.5U gateway3ds ---> PNY Elite Performance 256GB High Speed SDXC card Class 10 UHS-1 all my CIA install is on this card

3DS XL V9.4.0-21U sky3ds red button & blue button testing

NEW 3DS V9.2J LL sky3ds red button & blue button testing for now wait waiting patiently gateway3ds release i have a gateway3ds card have not use yet

NEW 3DS V9.2E XL sky3ds red button & blue button testing for now wait waiting patiently gateway3ds release i have a gateway3ds card have not use yet

3 gatway3ds cards

6 sky3ds cards

i say the card for now .... is 6/10 for me is not a bad card after all

why i give a 6/10

please read this

SKY3DS

Pros

+ Supports Compatible with latest firmware to date V9.4.0-21 U E J

+ Supports online gameplay but .... ---> read the cons

+ Does not require a DS Mode flashcart for installation

+ Plug and Play use, no need for executing any exploit

+ Useful status LED indicating when the flashcart is busy

+ Confirmed to work on the New 3DS

Cons

- no not all 3DS games are supports some of the game got issues

- Does not support homebrew (unless through NINJHAX), no CIA

- no region free game USA EUROPE JAPAN you can only play the game with your system region

- no eShop games

- you can not burn a game some time you will need to wait for the sky3ds team release

a new template file contain your game to let you burn the game

that why you will get this message

the file "your game .3ds" have no resource date yet please update the template.txt

for now you can try to use Falo's tool to generate your own sky3ds template to let you burn the game

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-your-own-sky3ds-template-entries.374775/#post-5176946

- you cannot play online game you will get this

Error Code 002-0123 some of the old or new template sky3ds team forgot to patch the online header

that why a lot of people get Error Code 002-0123

yes i know you can play online but sky3ds team

need to patch the header in the template file to let you play online

i patch my own online header

- not like Gateway you cannot just drag and drop as many games into your MicroSD card

- Can only store up to 31 games for now.... ---> wait waiting on fix

can not burn more then 31 game yes i have test them

128GB 64GB 32GB micro sd card red button & blue button sky3ds cards

- Relatively high price

6 out of 10

they have update the disk writer v1.05 no they still have not fix bug in the disk writer to let you burn more then 31 game

3zqLagI.png

Z26PU5S.png

OllieD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nope the template is actually required, it holds information required to boot each different game, and its not like they encrypted its format or anything, the layout has been pretty much mapped out and all the info it uses appears to be needed for the cart emulation process.....granted they probably could of just had the cart read the template from the microSD or something.....but i think we can all see it was a product literally just rushed out the door with no real care or attention put into the design or function....it is what it is, i wouldnt buy one, but i already have a 4.x console and gateway card, im sure people who where waiting for a year for gateway to support 4.5+ where probably just glad to get something even if it was a botch job :D

I didn't mean the template wasn't needed for SKY3DS to function, I just meant if they had designed their product better it wouldn't be necessary.
Gateway team pulled it off without needing templates or specific data from each cart. Online works fine on Gateway without this information.

People need to quit the butthurt and fanboyism. It does not help anyone.

These cards work in very different ways. In my personal Opinion Sky3DS team seem pretty sketchy. They never seem to give anyone a clear answer on anything and are very quick to badmouth the competition in order to try and gain sales. Their product was obviously rushed and requires frequent updates in order to continue working. If they disappeared their cart would never support any new games after that date.

Gateway is by far the the more professional product simply due to its featureset. If you cant run it on your console that does not make it a bad card it just means you are currently unlucky. I personally only just bought my 3DS XL for me and my 3 year old son and was very lucky to receive a 4.5 console. I had ordered my Gateway before i received the console and was hoping to update to 9.2 before the 9.3 release (The night i updated my EmuNAND, Nintendo had released 9.3 i was literally one of the first people to receive that update to my EmuNAND)

Sky3DS will at some point most likely be blocked. It will most have some tell that Nintendo can figure out.(Could be a response delay, voltage difference or increase in current draw while accessing the SD) Unless they have managed to 100% perfectly emulate a Retail cart. (Chances of this are slim without inside knowledge from Nintendo)

Gateway has the Ace up its sleeve in regard to this. That Ace is EmuNAND. Providing your base console never leaves a version capable of running a Gateway card. Nintendo can never block it. It will simply be an endless game of cat and mouse until Nintendo stop providing system updates to the 3DS. Gateway by the looks of things uses a Kernel mode exploit in order to completely take control of the hardware. There they can remap the NAND to the SD card and patch the system menu on the fly. This is the key to defeating pretty much anything Nintendo can do in future. The add any form of software security and it can be cracked because the exploit will Always be triggered before the new level of protection is. Reverse engineering and cracking software takes time and this is what is taking all of Gateways resources. Patience will pay off for those who wait as far as this goes.

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Listen,
I just broke down and did what?

I just purchased not less than 20 mins ago two items:

1. New Nintendo 3DS (white) PAL/Aussie model from Play-Asia

and........wait for it....*drumroll please*

2. GATEWAY 3DS from RealHotStuff

SO, there's that.
For the very last time.
I am not in debate with anybody here.
I purchase items that best suit my gaming needs. My highest allegiance isnt to either one of these cart companys.
My interests have always been, which items serve my gaming needs the best.

I did a little extra research earlier today on my own and decided that BOTH cards would best satisfy me right now.
Buying a Gateway tonite did not take anything away from the enjoyment that I am now getting from my Sky3DS card.
The way I figure, I can use my Sky card in my old 3DS XL and use my Gateway in the new machine coming.
Prayerfully, that machine has a low enough firmware to do the job when it arrives. It's coming by Fedex.

And, yes I got the Gateway and the New 3ds because I have a strong hunger to play MH4G and I dont want to wait a half a year to get that party started in my hands.
I also like the freedom of playing games from ALL regions.

As of now, Im officially,
#TEAMGATEWAYSKY3DS

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
I own a sky3DS and my Gateway is on the way hopefully ready for the update .

Sky3DS Benefits

- Works on the latest firmware (currently)
--Easy online play, title updates and e-shop access
- Very simple to use

Sky3DS Downsides

-There is a 31 game limit imposed by the disk writer (Apparently this will be fixed) *
- Game scrolling is frustrating slow (with only 6 games)
- Despite what people say, it could possibly be patched in the future

*I would hate having 31 games to scroll through *shudders*

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Gateway Benefits

- Extremely future proof due to emunand
--Easy online play, title updates and e-shop access (once in emunand)
-CIA Installation (Put's the game onto your systems SD, in a similar manner to an e-shop purchase)
- Homebrew
- Region Free
- A nice ROM muti menu

Gateway Downsides

-Requires a system with firmware 9.2 or below (Any current system you can buy)
-More complex / manual to use (This may change with the 9.X update)
-Currently support for 9.2 has not yet been released (As of writing)

Overall
If your looking to buy a 3DS in the future: get a gateway
If your on a 3DS with a firmware above 9.2 or simply don't want to wait: get a sky3DS

donkeymilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they have update the disk writer v1.05 no they still have not fix bug in the disk writer to let you burn more then 31 game

3zqLagI.png

Z26PU5S.png

It's going to take you over 4 minutes to scroll through all of those games by hitting the button anyway... Isn't having that many on the card a bit of overkill? At least when it takes 8 or 9 seconds to load each one?

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sky3ds if you are on a firmware higher than 9.2 otherwise gateway.
Also, read around a little bit before making a new thread. People have explained the differences clearly many times.
Does Sky3DS use another exploit in comparison to Gateway?

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's no way to know considering GW has not even released their latest update yet.
I just read somewhere else that Gateway is using software-exploits and Sky3DS is based on a hardware-one. That's the reason why Sky3DS can run on the latest firmware.

€ Another question: Being on Ver. 8.0.0-18E means I'm probably still safe for the new Gateway-update? All I have to do is delete my wifi-connections and wait?

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
People that says that Sky3DS will be blocked dont get that Gateway's Latest Update has already been blocked without even having been released and got stuck once again. While Sky3DS has survived like a REAL soldier lol. BOOM!

The only thing that make me going toward GW is the ability to use PKHex with it and maybe Region Free which I have read the Sky3DS team is working on the RegionLock thing.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
People that says that Sky3DS will be blocked dont get that Gateway's Latest Update has already been blocked without even having been released and got stuck once again. While Sky3DS has survived like a REAL soldier lol. BOOM! The only thing that make me going toward GW is the ability to use PKHex with it and maybe Region Free which I have read the Sky3DS team is working on the RegionLock thing.
Since Sky3DS is a "hardware"-oriented hack it is more complicated to block it, if possible after all.

D

Deleted User

People that says that Sky3DS will be blocked dont get that Gateway's Latest Update has already been blocked without even having been released and got stuck once again. While Sky3DS has survived like a REAL soldier lol. BOOM!

Sky3DS will get blocked, devs from 3dsdev have already found ways to detect Sky3DS and so can Nintendo.

Since Sky3DS is a "hardware"-oriented hack it is more complicated to block it, if possible after all.

You are correct in saying Sky3DS is a hardware oriented hack and not exploit based like Gateway. But it is not complicated to block it, a dev from #3dsdev has confirmed it was just a "simple 1 line code fix" for Nintendo to block it.

It's just a matter of time...

Reactions: Liberty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1