Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA v3.6.1 PUBLIC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it will be real 10.3 support and not just downgrade. I don´t own Cubic Ninja and so I couldn´t start the GW menu on 9.2 (I only have Ironhax and Menuhax)...
Ridiculous. If you have Ironhax, it's trivial to boot into rxtools sysnand and install the 4.5 MSET, then use the blue card or whatever else (FBI? not sure if it works and what version MSET you're supposed to use for it) to install the GW MSET ROP.

I just realized that my o3ds has FW4.5, so menuhax won't work. Any other idea to use autoboot with 4,5 sysnand?
Update to 9.2. This release just took away the ONLY reason to stay on 4.5. There are now literally ZERO advantages to be on 4.x.

Is there a better way than renaming the boot.3ds from GW to HBL everytime I want to use HBL in emunand (via the HBL.cia)?
(without using the ctrboot manager)
Set a button in the boot.cfg for each thing you might want to cold boot, then hold that button when you power it on. You could have just read the first post in the ctrbootmanager thread for that...

When the update that supports 10.3 is released, should I update my 3DS to1.3?
If you have the 1.3 firmware files, I'm sure there are plenty of people that would love to get their hands on those, LOL (I know, it's a typo, but I couldn't resist)

It must be installed to sysnand with rxtools dev mode. Otherwise you'll screw up and brick your system. Do not ever use gw mode or any sort of classic/emunand mode at all. Or else you will have a lovely brick.
There was never a way to even attempt it in classic mode since sig patches were never removed. The real question is, does turning on classic mode disable firmlaunchax? There seem to be 3 different classic modes now. I have a hard-mod, so I'm going to test all 3 :P. Actually, not today though but I will have plenty of time to do it tomorrow.

Does it work for Gateway too? :D
Also, how to update sysnand, should we launch sysupdater using Gateway Emulation sysnand or normal sysnand?
NONE, if you are not hard modded. Use rxtools pasta mode or mini pasta. AS I said above, I will test tomorrow. No time now because it's late and I have work in the morning, and I'm already on 9.2 so I need to flash something older first.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sysnand:- 4.4/4.5 U downgraded
Emunand:- Latest firmware

Btw, I have old 3ds if it helps! :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Eagerly waiting for your reply! :)
Not sure what you can do to update except by setting up rxTools and using dev mode to update https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
here are the steps you would use once you setup rxTools

How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2

If you want to boot rxTools as soon as you turn on your 3DS, then you need to set-up Menuhax; and to use Menuhax, you need to be on 9.0 - 9.2 firmware.
Warning: This can brick your 3DS if done incorrectly! Be sure that you follow the instructions carefully!

Requirements:
  • FBI installed in sysnand (Step 4a if you don't have Gateway or Ninjhax) OR any other cia installer on Sysnand
  • A rxTools 3.0 nightly (preferably the one linked in Step 2)
    • Also works on rxTools 2.5.2 (for those that can't launch 3.0)
Let's get started.
  1. Click HERE
  2. Click the CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates [Archive] result
  3. Click View Full Version : CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates at the top of the page
  4. Find the thread titled [MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)
  5. Scroll down to the section titled Updates
  6. Download either the 9.2 modified update pack for your region, or a 9.0 or 9.2 Full Update Pack for you region
  7. Once downloaded, open the archive and find the "updates" folder; place it on your SD card. There should be many cia files in that folder.
    • Example: SD:/updates/0004013000008003.cia
  8. Download Sysupdater
  9. Open the archive and put sysUpdater.cia on your SD card
  10. Insert your SD card in your 3DS
  11. Hold L while launching rxTools to get into the rxTools menu
  12. Press DPAD RIGHT until you highlight ADVANCED OPTIONS, then press A
  13. Go down to DEVMODE and press A
  14. After a few seconds, you should now be in sysnand; firmware spoofing is disabled but cias can still be launched in this mode.
  15. Launch FBI
  16. Install sysUpdater.cia (Destination: SD)
  17. Once installed, press HOME to see sysUpdater wrapped as a gift; unwrap it.
  18. Launch sysUpdater
  19. sysUpdater will ask you if you are sure you want to go ahead with the update; choose to accept it.
    • It will also tell you that you shouldn't be in Gateway mode, or have firmware spoofing. Do not worry about this, DEVMODE has no firmware spoofing, so sysUpdater will work as intended. Just be absolutely sure you are in DEVMODE (line 13), not RXMODE SYSNAND!
  20. Wait for sysUpdater to finish. When it is done, your 3DS will reboot into 9.0 or 9.2 firmware! You can now follow the steps to use Menuhax if you'd like.

Reactions: samiam144 and KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Not sure what you can do to update except by setting up rxTools and using dev mode to update https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
here are the steps you would use once you setup rxTools

How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2

If you want to boot rxTools as soon as you turn on your 3DS, then you need to set-up Menuhax; and to use Menuhax, you need to be on 9.0 - 9.2 firmware.
Warning: This can brick your 3DS if done incorrectly! Be sure that you follow the instructions carefully!

Requirements:
  • FBI installed in sysnand (Step 4a if you don't have Gateway or Ninjhax) OR any other cia installer on Sysnand
  • A rxTools 3.0 nightly (preferably the one linked in Step 2)
    • Also works on rxTools 2.5.2 (for those that can't launch 3.0)
Let's get started.
  1. Click HERE
  2. Click the CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates [Archive] result
  3. Click View Full Version : CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates at the top of the page
  4. Find the thread titled [MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)
  5. Scroll down to the section titled Updates
  6. Download either the 9.2 modified update pack for your region, or a 9.0 or 9.2 Full Update Pack for you region
  7. Once downloaded, open the archive and find the "updates" folder; place it on your SD card. There should be many cia files in that folder.
    • Example: SD:/updates/0004013000008003.cia
  8. Download Sysupdater
  9. Open the archive and put sysUpdater.cia on your SD card
  10. Insert your SD card in your 3DS
  11. Hold L while launching rxTools to get into the rxTools menu
  12. Press DPAD RIGHT until you highlight ADVANCED OPTIONS, then press A
  13. Go down to DEVMODE and press A
  14. After a few seconds, you should now be in sysnand; firmware spoofing is disabled but cias can still be launched in this mode.
  15. Launch FBI
  16. Install sysUpdater.cia (Destination: SD)
  17. Once installed, press HOME to see sysUpdater wrapped as a gift; unwrap it.
  18. Launch sysUpdater
  19. sysUpdater will ask you if you are sure you want to go ahead with the update; choose to accept it.
    • It will also tell you that you shouldn't be in Gateway mode, or have firmware spoofing. Do not worry about this, DEVMODE has no firmware spoofing, so sysUpdater will work as intended. Just be absolutely sure you are in DEVMODE (line 13), not RXMODE SYSNAND!
  20. Wait for sysUpdater to finish. When it is done, your 3DS will reboot into 9.0 or 9.2 firmware! You can now follow the steps to use Menuhax if you'd like.
Okay, after updating sysnand using the steps above, can I use Gateway again to boot into emunand and do those nice things? Or do I have to use rxtools only?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I wasn't sure whether or not the blue card is updateable in a way that could make it usable for NTRcardhax, but interesting if it is. Would make any cheap R4i knockoff fodder for it. Anyone with an FPGA, skill and time to kill feel like picking up a project? :P

Don't even need that much, just memchunkhax2 and a port of sysUpdater so that anyone can downgrade to 9.2.

I don't ever update any low firmware devices without weighing up the consequences and always leave it to pan out first. However, I'm currently sitting here now with a 8.1 n3ds that I have had for a year, contemplating on saying fuck it, should I update to 10.3 now and risk it? lol

you can find it on that ISO site

Or you can have nice juicy link to a 9gb+ folder with the whole sh-bang at your fingertips.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing was said about emunand support on n3ds consoles, but it would be nice though.
They said 10.3 support. That includes emunand. The only thing preventing >9.5 emunand right now is the new layer of crypto, but if you're launching GW from a 10.3 sysnand, the needed keys are already loaded. When ANOTHER 3ds update comes out and changes those keys from whatever 10.3 is using, then it'll be a problem again for N3DS.

Ok, thanks! :D
Also, if possible can I use this:-
1. Install fbi on Sysnand using Gateway.
2. And then booting into devmode using rxTools and install sysupdater and then updating using it?
Yes. But if you're using the latest nightly build, it's pasta mode, not devmode. I may be remembering it backwards, but didn't the sysupdater creator recommend using sysupdater from the HBL instead of the .cia though? You could install the hblauncher_loader.cia, then launch HBL from pasta mode, then sysupdater.

Last edited by urherenow,

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should definitely see about homebrew enabling the 9.0 Sysnand on my N3DS then.
For menuhax sake it'd mean booting straight into the GW Launcher, instead of having to dig out my OoT card!
Can't you use browserhax then menuhax they were both fixed

Set your menuhax to no-button launch. Then rename GW.3dsx to boot.3dsx and put it on the big sd card.
How do you put no button launch?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They said 10.3 support. That includes emunand. The only thing preventing >9.5 emunand right now is the new layer of crypto, but if you're launching GW from a 10.3 sysnand, the needed keys are already loaded. When ANOTHER 3ds update comes out and changes those keys from whatever 10.3 is using, then it'll be a problem again for N3DS.

No bro...thats not how this works and they did not say anything about emunand support. KEEP IT REAL DUDE. Don't start a hype train that never existed.

Reactions: Nirmonculus

theross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This topic is about GATEWAY, and not about how to cold-boot-into-cfw.
There are appropriate Threads about that!!

Now,
could anyone at least try to answer my topic-related question?
WHERE can I report a bug to gateway?

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg what is happening in the scene? Haven't been on this forum for a long time and all I'm seeing is new exploit ideas!?! Should I be really hyped?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Now,
What are you talking about auto booting the gateway menu is completely relevant and don't you think you should use the contact option on their site to report stuff?

Omg what is happening in the scene? Haven't been on this forum for a long time and all I'm seeing is new exploit ideas!?! Should I be really hyped?
If you own a N3DS yes get super fucking hype and start doing the worm.

Reactions: theross

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks! :D
Also, if possible can I use this:-
1. Install fbi on Sysnand using Gateway.
2. And then booting into devmode using rxTools and install sysupdater and then updating using it?

Now,
[email protected].

I wrote them a bit ago about creating a boot.3dsx option. They replied back on Monday. Look at us now!

Reactions: Xenon Hacks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i hope both of you guys get better
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Thanks mate.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look... +1