• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 66,230
  • Replies 470
  • Likes 20
D

Deleted User

OP
gateway still works on 8.xx so no point in upgrading it to 9.2.
Trying to get homemenuhax to work, but 8.x.x doesn't have themes.. The current launching method is too complicated for my sibling (7 year old).

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So I can't do what we do to update emunand with a card on sysnand? (Hold up on d-pad while booting gateway mode) This wouldn't work if we booted gateway mode without an emunand, making it go into sysnand?

Last time I used Gateway, using game roms to update sysnand will brick. Even if done in sysnand mode. DevMenu doesn't update NATIVE_FIRM correctly so you WILL brick your 3DS if you attempt it that way.

There is a homebrew app called sysupdator that does it correctly, however the dev that makes it specifically warns users NOT to use Gateway mode as it will brick since it's update commands aren't compatible with Gateway/CFW's that use firmlaunch to launch newer NATIVE_FIRM. Gateway for example uses 9.6+ (9.5 for n3DS) NATIVE_FIRM even if booting a 9.2 sysnand. So this breaks sysupdater since it uses specific service commands that get fooled into thinking a newer NATIVE_FIRM is installed and resulting in sysupdator not updating it correctly.

The safest way you can do it is using devmode from rxTools. It doesn't use firmlaunch hax and will use the correct version of NATIVE_FIRM on boot to ensure sysupdater works.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, I think I've got this sorted.

You do need to add codes to the text files manually. Hopefully this will get fixed in a later version.
Codes / memory locations you find in the cheat menu don't need any offsets added (it crashed my 3DS when used that way).

As an example, here is the US version of Paper Mario Sticker Star (00040000000A5E00.txt)

Code:
[Max Coin]
082BCE9C 0000270F
[999 Health]
082BCEA0 000003E7
082BCEA4 000003E7

Go into Configure Cheats and press A next to each one, and you get a plus. The values are constantly written, so health and coins shouldn't drop.

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thank you
Also...
A variable might be as signed because the developer never thought about values bigger than, say, 127 for 8 bit.
For positive values, it doesn't matter if you pick 8-bit when it's 16-bit in code if you're searching for 0 < n < 255.
More of a curiosity: unlike on PCs, you don't have to switch byte order, so the first byte makes the biggest changes - say you have 0x10 0x01 as a value, that's 16*256 + 1.

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you make your own gateway cheats with the menu?
Eg: I search and narrowed down a coin value and change it to 99999, how do i put it into a text file so that it is permanent?

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
i made my first cheat to test it and works wonderfully. i was able to buy everything in the store. i wish there was a way to add cheats from the cheat finder to cheatlist and save it. had to manually edit and create a txt file and put the cheat in.

the code i made:
Code:
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX [USA]
0004000000148C00.txt

[Always 1,048,575 MP]
0065EE70 000FFFFF

Last edited by omarroms,
Reactions: diegofg2000

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
How do you make your own gateway cheats with the menu?
Eg: I search and narrowed down a coin value and change it to 99999, how do i put it into a text file so that it is permanent?

Create a text file on your computer named xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.txt, where the x's represent the Title ID. Inside write the cheats out. There are some examples above my post.
Save the file, copy it to a directory called Cheats in the root of the micro SD card. Run the game, load the cheat menu, and go into Configure Cheats. Press A to select the one you want. Then continue to play the game.

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Create a text file on your computer named xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.txt, where the x's represent the Title ID. Inside write the cheats out. There are some examples above my post.
Save the file, copy it to a directory called Cheats in the root of the micro SD card. Run the game, load the cheat menu, and go into Configure Cheats. Press A to select the one you want. Then continue to play the game.

I get that part. what i don't get is what do i write in the text file?
I know the format of what to write is the code i'm tring to figure out. Do i write what i see in the cheat finder - view hits section?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
I get that part. what i don't get is what do i write in the text file?
I know the format of what to write is the code i'm tring to figure out. Do i write what i see in the cheat finder - view hits section?
do you have a screenshot of the results screen?

When you set the in-game menu keys, does it save what you set, or do you have to reset key combo each time you turn system off and on?
everytime after reboot

warlord8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I update to 3.6 via MSET exploit with a high chance of success? I have an old 3ds with version 4.5 and gateway is on 2.7 Omega lol. I dont like the browser method.

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Last time I used Gateway, using game roms to update sysnand will brick. Even if done in sysnand mode. DevMenu doesn't update NATIVE_FIRM correctly so you WILL brick your 3DS if you attempt it that way.

There is a homebrew app called sysupdator that does it correctly, however the dev that makes it specifically warns users NOT to use Gateway mode as it will brick since it's update commands aren't compatible with Gateway/CFW's that use firmlaunch to launch newer NATIVE_FIRM. Gateway for example uses 9.6+ (9.5 for n3DS) NATIVE_FIRM even if booting a 9.2 sysnand. So this breaks sysupdater since it uses specific service commands that get fooled into thinking a newer NATIVE_FIRM is installed and resulting in sysupdator not updating it correctly.

The safest way you can do it is using devmode from rxTools. It doesn't use firmlaunch hax and will use the correct version of NATIVE_FIRM on boot to ensure sysupdater works.

Never had this happen. In fact, the option was enabled in the Gateway menu specifically to allow people to update if they wanted to (in classic mode)

Reactions: Deleted User

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• 20151224_044419891_iOS.jpg
    20151224_044419891_iOS.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 279

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.tmz.com/2024/06/08/george-lopez-accuse-walk-out-leave-show-early-heckler-shade-eagle-...