Emulation GBArunner2 won't start up pokemon rom hacks

aassggeerr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi.
I recently downloaded GBARunner2 on my r4 gold flashcart, so i can play .gba files on my ds.
However, GBArunner2 doesnt seem to want to start up(?) the the rom hacked files, I.e. Pokemon Glazed, Pokemon Gaia and such. All im left with is a white screen after the gba startup.
It does, however, start up regular pokemon fire red.
Anybody know what the issue might be?

aassggeerr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Do you any runners that do? or are just better quality? i just wanna play some rom hacks on console instead of pc

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you any runners that do? or are just better quality? i just wanna play some rom hacks on console instead of pc
GBARunner2 is currently the best way to play GBA games from flashcards.
There's also gbaemu4ds, but may be a bit worse at running GBA games, compared to GBARunner2.

Reactions: AnimaBits

tk9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure it can, those have become very pricey though...
Supercard miniSD isn't pricey. Costs only about 12$. You won't be using it to load up games. It'll be only needed for the extra ram for the native mode with twilight menu++. You can even run dsiware Zelda Four Swords with it. RTC won't work because the flashcart doesn't have RTC but there's a work around that I haven't tried because I don't really play gba games that uses rtc in my nds/nds lite. If the game has an existing RTC patch, patch the ROM with it and it'll use the nds clock from what I've read before. Only in my DSi I play games with RTC. Romhacks like Unbound needed to be patched with a different gameID to work though.

Reactions: anotherthing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol