Status
Not open for further replies.

GBAtemp 2021 Giveaway Raffle - winners announced!

aaaaa.png

With over 1,700 entries, the GBAtemp 2021 Giveaway Raffle is just about ready to reveal its winners! We’ll be hosting a live reveal of the winners on our GBAtempTV Twitch channel. Every entrant will be given a number. Then, we’ll use random.org to pick a random number, starting from prize #15 and working up to the grand prize of a Nintendo Switch OLED Edition. Since it’ll be streamed on Twitch, everyone will be able to see the drawing done fairly, and there’ll be some excitement to it all! We look forward to seeing everyone there, when the live drawing takes place on August 11th, at 7:30PM PDT/August 12th, at 3:30AM BST.

See threadmark for list of winners

:arrow: Check what time the drawing will happen in your time zone!
:arrow: GBAtempTV Twitch

Last edited by shaunj66,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Chary

There was a A LOT of 1 day old and 1 post accounts in the giveaway thread. I hope you take great care when raffling winners and check their account before giving away stuff and announcing him winner otherwise it's a big chance that a lot of those accounts will get the prize even though they aint even using Temp and just farming the rewards.
perhaps they can disable account creation (during a raffle) next time to prevent that BS

Reactions: CoolMe

ertre

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That means the stream is in the middle of the night here. Good.

Then I won't have to watch the stream to see me winning nothing.

LeeNose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
To be fair, unlike previous raffles, which required an account made before the raffle, this one didn't have such a requirement, which was unusual.
I'm definitely sure that there was a rule against entering with accounts created after the raffle was announced.

Reading this comment section made me realize how many young kids browse this site, jeez.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely sure that there was a rule against entering with accounts created after the raffle was announced.

Reading this comment section made me realize how many young kids browse this site, jeez.
Actually, the rules say that they BOTH have to have a newly created account (created after the OP was posted) AND be using a proxy or VPN when creating the account or posting to be excluded. They actually encouraged creating accounts to enter this time. The only thing disallowed is dupe accounts.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Chary What's going to stop people from creating a dupe account on a different network, such as an internet cafe or library? Can you check their IP location as well to be safe?

Scamers like that aren't stupid, and likely will utilize every means necessary to increase their chances of winning. The aforementioned method is one way.

Last edited by Maq47,
Reactions: CoolMe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1