Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Can this place please be less toxic? I say that I specifically want a serious answer and yet all people, even including staff, keep posting stupid and unfunny jokes without delivering the actual answer.

There's no other place to talk about Nintendo console homebrew out there. All my questions are 100% serious ones unless stated otherwise and I'm really getting tired of all the trolling that goes on in the forums.

Last edited by Ondrashek06,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can this place please be less toxic? I say that I specifically want a serious answer and yet all people, even including staff, keep posting stupid and unfunny jokes without delivering the actual answer.

There's no other place to talk about Nintendo console homebrew out there. All my questions are 100% serious ones unless stated otherwise and I'm really getting tired of all the trolling that goes on in the forums.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, keep downvoting. This will surely help the overall attitude.
Have you tried using the report feature?
:rolleyes:
Post automatically merged:

Upvoted, now it's at 0.
saving-private-ryan-matt-damon.gif

Reddit traumatized you, huh?

Last edited by JuanMena,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a look through your post history to get up to speed and it really just comes down to how you ask a question or word a post. The last one you did about the switch could have been worded better if you wanted serious answers. It looked like a shitpost, so moving it to EoF makes sense.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reading the replies to this topic makes me think there is a bit of truth in the claim about trolling.

Things like this:
Aw, so sorry to hear internet gives you anxiety *sad violin*.
or this:
Have you tried not being 13?
or this:
A picture is worth a thousand words.

zV6UIep.png
(and the positive "👍" or "🤣" reactions for such posts) do the best to confirm the problem.
Arrogance, superiority, unneeded sarcasm, being condescending. This does not belong here – Confession of failure in my opinion.

That said, @Ondrashek06 I've seen problematic posts by you as well. In my opinion you seem to have a problem accepting certain limitations and facts. People are often unforgiving and while I would not call GBAtemp a toxic (one of those overused words, devoid of the formal meaning) place, sometimes immature to stupid behavior pops up.
The best you can do is ignore useless messages and just stay factual – not demanding. You have no right to get help here. You can ask nicely and hopefully somebody will help you. If not… well tough luck. Neither you nor anybody else is the center of the universe.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Reading the replies to this topic makes me think there is a bit of truth in the claim about trolling.

Things like this:

or this:

or this:

(and the positive "👍" or "🤣" reactions for such posts) do the best to confirm the problem.
Arrogance, superiority, unneeded sarcasm, being condescending. This does not belong here – Confession of failure in my opinion.

That said, @Ondrashek06 I've seen problematic posts by you as well. In my opinion you seem to have a problem accepting certain limitations and facts. People are often unforgiving and while I would not call GBAtemp a toxic (one of those overused words, devoid of the formal meaning) place, sometimes immature to stupid behavior pops up.
The best you can do is ignore useless messages and just stay factual – not demanding. You have no right to get help here. You can ask nicely and hopefully somebody will help you. If not… well tough luck. Neither you nor anybody else is the center of the universe.
I'm not saying that my posts are all 100% perfect. Heck, some might be completely dumb. But I really shouldn't deserve this treatment of being mocked and ridiculed to no end. If I ask why a moderation action was performed on my post, I expect a staff member to give me an answer instead of a condescending response like "Oh noes, I should've deleted it instead!".

This thread is also filled with ad hominem fallacies - i.e. people attacking the person behind the idea instead of the idea itself.

I know that I am not entitled to being given help here, but if you're a staff member that has done an administrative action, you should be prepared to give an explanation for it. It's not really that much to ask.

Last edited by Ondrashek06,

realWinterMute

Trophies
XP
Country

There are other places to talk about Nintendo console homebrew. Unfortunately search engines lead you to this cesspit & people who should know better participate here "because of the audience".

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its like if you went to prison and were shocked that the inmates were rude to you.. this is the temp you should expect the 10-year-old brained authoritarian mods and subhuman trolls to have a go at you.. it ain't gonna change because you ask it too, other than continue to get worse, so man up and slap back.

Reactions: RedColoredStars

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying that my posts are all 100% perfect. Heck, some might be completely dumb. But I really shouldn't deserve this treatment of being mocked and ridiculed to no end. If I ask why a moderation action was performed on my post, I expect a staff member to give me an answer instead of a condescending response like "Oh noes, I should've deleted it instead!".

This thread is also filled with ad hominem fallacies - i.e. people attacking the person behind the idea instead of the idea itself.

I know that I am not entitled to being given help here, but if you're a staff member that has done an administrative action, you should be prepared to give an explanation for it. It's not really that much to ask.
If you have something serious to say/ask, ask it in a more serious way. Your stuff getting moved to EOF is why you're getting the response you're getting. No one is going to be serious in the board that exists for memers.

When you say things in a way that come across as joking, people are going to take it that way and respond in kind. This isn't a GBAtemp issue, this is a "text transmitted over the internet issue". Be clear, be concise.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I agree with @DinohScene on the fact you act like a clown and don't accept answers that people have provided to you about the solderless coldboot questions you been asking over and over. There is no coldboot option without any dongle or any modchip soldered to the switch.

Reactions: BigOnYa and CoolMe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto