GBAtemp Extraordinaire: 5 questions to a legendary Temper - RocketRobz

tempers.png

GBAtemp Extraordinaire
5 QUESTIONS TO A LEGENDARY TEMPER
rocket.png

RocketRobz
Since 2002, GBAtemp has been a community-powered site, and nothing is more important to the site than its user base. With this new editorial feature, we're bringing the spotlight to you! We've decided to ask a set of simple questions to a Legendary Temper: a long-standing member of the community, someone who has made important contributions, or who bears significance to the history of the site or the forums. This may include staff and non-staff members. We'll try to make this a weekly feature, but with over 500,000 members now, it may take a while for you to be featured :bortz:

In our latest entry, we're putting the spotlight on one of our many talented developers. Let's hear it for RocketRobz, the homebrew dev behind TWiLight Menu++!

• Who are you, and what do you do in real life?
I am Rocket Robz. I spend some of my time developing software for the DS, DSi, and sometimes 3DS.
Other times, I just play some retro video games. Some of my favorites are Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, and Style Savvy (my PFP is from the 4th and current entry on 3DS).

(Depending on what region you live in:
- MegaMan is also known as Rockman (Japan)
- Style Savvy is also known as Style Boutique (Europe/Australia), Girls Mode (Japan), or Girls Style (Korea))
I also make soundfont covers of some video game music.
  • How did you find yourself joining GBAtemp?
I've wanted to get an old flashcard (R4i-SDHC 3DS) of mine working again on my 3DS, after I accidentally updated my O3DS (which I no longer have).
  • What's the most exciting/interesting/crazy thing or event that you've witnessed throughout your GBAtemp years?
Commercial DS ROM loading being possible with nds-bootstrap thanks to @ahezard & @shutterbug2000 (and contributing users), DadaelusX64 (N64 emulator) being a thing on 3DS, and @wavemotion's insights on how he optimizes the Atari emulators for the DS(i).
  • What part of the video game industry are you currently interested in, or excited about?
Nothing much, aside from these two things:
  1. A possible 4K HDR Nintendo (Switch) console.
  2. Style Savvy 5 being announced for the Nintendo Switch.
    I've heard it's one of the projects which got cancelled on 3DS due to low sales of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey.
  • Do you have a message for the staff, an opinion you want to share with the community, or anything else you would like to say?
I'm glad that a few great nds-bootstrap updates get made to the front page of GBAtemp, as it lets people know of some great features, especially those of which many thought we're impossible, such as playing DS(i) ROMs from the DSi/3DS console's SD card without a flashcard (and without mods made to the DSi system memory), and playing DSiWare on a DS or DS lite.
When many homebrew developers we're developing for recent consoles such as 3DS and the Switch, I was one of the few that decided to develop for the DS, DSi, and the 3DS' DS(i) mode feature.
I'm glad to be part of a community where my DS(i) homebrew work/contributions are liked and appreciated by many, and the community kept growing as I kept working on both TWiLight Menu++ & nds-bootstrap. If it hadn't been for @ahezard with his prior work on nds-bootstrap, and @shutterbug2000 with his work on some DS(i) exploits, the DS(i) hacking community likely wouldn't be where it's at right now.

Thanks for reading. and thank you RocketRobz for your contributions to the community! We hope you enjoyed this new editorial feature. If you think you qualify for Legendary Temper, feel free to leave a comment in this thread and your turn may eventually come.

:arrow: Make sure to check out our previous Legendary Tempers!

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Too bad you didn't reveal anything about your daily life, your studies/work, your dreams, your future goals. You left all your fans (including yours truly) down, disappointed and embittered. But we gladly forgive you for this reluctance. Have a nice real life. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really didn't like playing online against other people always felt like I was being matched...