GBAtemp Java Minecraft server - come hang out and play with your fellow GBAtemp users!

parentsultimateguide-minecraft-blog.jpeg

Introducing the GBAtemp Minecraft server! Party like it’s 2013, because we’ve decided to have fun by renting a Minecraft server, for GBAtemp users to come mine, craft, and chill out in. Hopefully, the community can have some fun together there!

Server Details

Minecraft 1.16.5
IP: mc.chary.tv

You’ll need Minecraft, of course, as well as CurseForge, which handles the automatic download of all the needed mods to play. After installing CurseForge, just grab the “TempCraft” pack by searching for it on CurseForge, and you’ll be all set.

:arrow: CurseForge Download

Tutorial1-1.png Tutorial2-1.png Tutorial3-1.png Tutorial4-1.png Tutorial5-1.png
A step-by-step guide

Info

This is Java Minecraft, and there are mods! The consensus was to keep things fairly vanilla, but with a bit of spice here and there to keep things interesting. You can expect to see the following mods:
  • Aquaculture
  • Better Caves
  • JEI
  • Chisel and Bits
  • Enhanced Vanilla
  • Genetic Animals
  • Quark
  • Pam’s Harvestcraft 2
  • Gravestone Mod
  • Biomes ‘o Plenty

And other neat tweaks and additions to make the normal Minecraft experience funner! (You can check the full mod list in CurseForge). General forum decency rules apply--don't grief, don't cheat, and try to have a good time!

We look forward to seeing who stops by!

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I shifted that a little bit since I wasn't done building it yet, but it's still there with the sign.
Thank you for putting that there, pitstops are a good idea for it.
It would've been a nice place to stop tbf, was a nice duck pond.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Bedrock doesn't support mods
ofc not but geysermc itself is a mod to allow bedrock users to join, tho is that why mine didnt work can geysermc not be used with any other mods at all? i just use image2map on my server but i can never get bedrock to connect to the geysermc bedrock server

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should put soul soil in the grass path for soul speed travel. Or ice

If anyone happens to get optifine working, let me know how. It makes my game freeze on loading.
Drop it in the mods folder. Be sure to use version 1.16.5 G8. If that doesn't work, post the crash log, or just wait longer.

I would include instructions for MultiMC or ATLauncher, as the Twitch client is really intrusive, and also sucks ass compared to the former alternatives, especially if you would only install it for this occasion only.

I prefer ATLauncher because it can update the modpack before launching it, and is MUCH easier to use than MultiMC (especially for beginners).
GDLauncher best. People have gotten viruses from using ATLauncher before.

livid_hen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ofc not but geysermc itself is a mod to allow bedrock users to join, tho is that why mine didnt work can geysermc not be used with any other mods at all? i just use image2map on my server but i can never get bedrock to connect to the geysermc bedrock server
Geyser is a proxy not a mod.
For a while there was a program being worked on to load forge mods into bedrock, but it's development was discontinued. (I believe it was far, far too complicated... having to write a layer to convert java instructions into... what is bedrock programed in? C#?)
The closest thing to a mod in bedrock atm is behavior packs.

Last edited by livid_hen,

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Geyser is a proxy not a mod.
For a while there was a program being worked on to load forge mods into bedrock, but it's development was discontinued. (I believe it was far, far too complicated... having to write a layer to convert java instructions into... what is bedrock programed in? C#?)
The closest thing to a mod in bedrock atm is behavior packs.
i use paper and the spigot plugin of geysermc

geysermc gets loaded but i cannot get it to connect but i can get the java port to connect

so i gave up on it

and no not trying to get the mods to work simply the server which is practically vanilla on my end, irrelevant to the heavily modded gbatemp server tho yea

livid_hen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use paper and the spigot plugin of geysermc

geysermc gets loaded but i cannot get it to connect but i can get the java port to connect

so i gave up on it

and no not trying to get the mods to work simply the server which is practically vanilla on my end, irrelevant to the heavily modded gbatemp server tho yea
Oh you're just trying to get it to get geyser working for yourself? You may want to set the server ip in the server.properties to the ip of your computer, i find that fixes plugins like portminer and geyser.

Reactions: MarioMasta64

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why isn't LimeLib in the modpack? It's required for Simple Storage Network, right? :unsure:

If it was required, the modpack wouldn't load lol. It's not required. Curseforge specifically grabs all dependencies for something you add to a modpack.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
There is land claiming and the home command, unsure about TPA though.
There is a blue wall at spawn with a tpa button, taking you to a random location.

oh hells malice when your online next time can you add a golden hoe to my inventory i lost my old one becuase of the thing
Any gold hoe you build will work.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people just are infatuated with the legacy Java version of minecraft for some reason. one i hear the most is better mod support but in my research its just a matter of 2 different roads to the same path. you can do the same on both but its just a different coding language.
Feel free to enlighten me on key differences.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
people just are infatuated with the legacy Java version of minecraft for some reason. one i hear the most is better mod support but in my research its just a matter of 2 different roads to the same path. you can do the same on both but its just a different coding language.
Feel free to enlighten me on key differences.
you need a shovel to craft a boat in bedrock

I will never forgive them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...