GBAtemp Quiz #2 open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
blahman said:
I seriously agree with someone who posted earlier and believe that it be better that gbatemp locked out new registrations as soon as quiz starts to prevent people from posting this whole thing around 43242 forums to attract people who dont give a rat's ass about gba temp and just register to win the card then never to be heard from again. Should have locked it then make an anouncement that future quizes will happen for those who missed out instead and ask them to stick around in the mean time.

i do agree very strongly
what if the random 50 from lets say, the 1000 people whom, like half are normal members
and the other half just signing up
:/
i just dont think its very fair because all they do is sign up and win

but if the admins allowed it
i guess they have some superior reason behind it..
i hope

The idea is to draw in new members. Sure, some may leave and never come back if they do or do not win. But others will stay whether they do or do not win. Many members who are now regulars started out by joining to enter a tournament or contest.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why the urge to attract new members? There aren't any ads on the site, so i can't see how that would be beneficial from an economic stand point.

Personally I've always viewed gbatemp as a community of sorts and it's always good to see a community grow. However, the type of people who would be attracted to the site just for a chance at free stuff don't seem like the type of people who would come in and help build the community in a positive way. They actually seem more like the type of people who might come in and never post beyond the generic “I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH __________ PLZ HELP ME"

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the main problem is that a new member who just joined can win while someone who has been here for years get nothing

I think thats what pissing some ppl off lol

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel that over 100 people have gotten them all right, there weren't any real trick questions that could throw off a lot of people... Especially since this is still going to be up for another week and 6 days.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New wiki vandal (has vandalized both Wikipedia and Nintendopedia):

Some wiki user under the name of: Jared jbod
Is vandalizing the wiki under the pretence of 'correction'.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Renegade_R said:
New wiki vandal (has vandalized both Wikipedia and Nintendopedia):

Some wiki user under the name of: Jared jbod
Is vandalizing the wiki under the pretence of 'correction'.
201.81.190.83 edited it twice and then he stopped. So did Jared. There's a Nintendopedia?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dealt with.
smile.gif

It amazes me, everyone who keeps trying to edit the articles...it is so easy to catch.
lecture.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
i wish i could win

my cousin also has a ds but only has the incredibles for a game

if i win im gonna give it to her

cause her family cant buy these things

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whoops, I missed that one. And there isn't much that can be done for Jared jbod unless we know his IP.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Passa said:
Are you crazy? The giveaway isn't so GBAtemp can reward their regulars.. it's to attract new members, to make the site grow. More visitors to the site is only a good thing - why wouldn't some of the visitors sign up and decide that they like the site and want to visit it more often? Although I can see many being turned off by this 'elitist' attitude shown by regulars.

Honestly some of you are just plain greedy. Going through this thread, all I could do was shake my head as people bitched about 'new members' (almost like bogans complaining about 'New Australians' in the 60s haha), whining about how their flashcards broke recently and acting like the Wiki edits were the end of the world, demanding compensation and such.

The giveaway quiz was supposed to bring excitement here, instead people are having a huge whinge. It's a $25 card.

very very good post.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Passa said:
Are you crazy? The giveaway isn't so GBAtemp can reward their regulars.. it's to attract new members, to make the site grow. More visitors to the site is only a good thing - why wouldn't some of the visitors sign up and decide that they like the site and want to visit it more often? Although I can see many being turned off by this 'elitist' attitude shown by regulars.

Honestly some of you are just plain greedy. Going through this thread, all I could do was shake my head as people bitched about 'new members' (almost like bogans complaining about 'New Australians' in the 60s haha), whining about how their flashcards broke recently and acting like the Wiki edits were the end of the world, demanding compensation and such.

The giveaway quiz was supposed to bring excitement here, instead people are having a huge whinge. It's a $25 card.
yeah. im just being a bitch
my apologies
like BoneMonkey said, some of us are just pissed that we come here regularly and dont win, but some random newcomer does
(actually. that doesnt apply to me. i havent even been here that long. it just feels like it)
maybe in the near future, a giveaway will be open for members with like 1000+ posts?
like an appreciation award i guess
and sorry for complainin >.<
the results arent even out
and im just expectin the worse
mm. theres my pessimism kickin in

Paralel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is too funny. I corrected the Wikipedia Nintendo DS page that was repeatedly vandalized yesterday, and now today I get a message from another IP telling me not to change it to incorrect information, when he proceeded to do exactly that. Fortunately someone else switched it back to the last correct version.

So this person is both delusional and stupid, or thought they could trick me so I wouldn't correct it again if someone hadn't already done so.

How sad are these people that they are acting like this for a $30 piece of hardware?

Can you guys imagine how bad it would be if GBATemp was giving away Wii's or something similar?
wtf.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
cant we lock the editing when we are in quiz season?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Passa said:

I hope you stick around
yaynds.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...