AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
golden said:
bobrules said:
that's v2 of the forums? well, IDK I am hoping they take out #3 because it was pretty dumb for other reasons than just plain being hard.

For example, all the choices except for the "GBAtemp Lite" had the word "skin" at the end of them. The question asked for the name of the skin that debuted with v2 of the forums so there was no need to add the word "skin" at the end of the other choices and that made it seem like "skin" was part of the skin's name which is false. There is no such then as the skin "GBAtemp Classic Skin" it's just "GBAtemp Classic". I know that sounds really really picky and snobby but if all the choices had "skin" at the end of their name you could say it didn't change anything but the fact that one of the choices "GBAtemp Lite" didn't have the word "skin" at the end makes it really the only skin that actually exists in the choices.
Would it be biased if I said the question made perfect sense to me?

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AshuraZro said:
Eternal Myst said:
Well not exactly the lite version.There was an April fools joke, about a contest winning skin, and it wasn't you who made it, but they claimed it to be you as part of the joke...of course you were in on the joke.The prize was a flash cart for the gba.

Also I know that you originally made the lite version...V3 was made by a member that is currently banned.

Edit:Ok I didn't know you made V2, but I know that you did not make V3.
At the risk of going horribly off-topic. The joke one had no involvement or relation to me in the slightest. Someone submitted an inverted picture of GBAtemp and that was the joke. The Lite skin is not V2 either but simply it's own skin (and a new dedicated server was built the same time). The later can be confirmed via archived pages.

Sorry, Myst. As much as I like being in on a joke, I'm afraid your memory is a little off here.

Back on course now on. There is some strong suspense in the air and while it will not be myself, I am curious to know who won this final competition.
no i actually remember it and found it..lets go back in time

read 1st and scnd page Visit My Website

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eternal Myst said:
no i actually remember it and found it..lets go back in time

read 1st and scnd page Visit My Website
Similar Name + Me commenting =/= conspiracy (or at least one I was in on!). End of story in this topic. You are fully welcome to PM me on this but I have stated every fact that I know already.

Reactions: Hmed

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AshuraZro said:
golden said:
bobrules said:
that's v2 of the forums? well, IDK I am hoping they take out #3 because it was pretty dumb for other reasons than just plain being hard.

For example, all the choices except for the "GBAtemp Lite" had the word "skin" at the end of them. The question asked for the name of the skin that debuted with v2 of the forums so there was no need to add the word "skin" at the end of the other choices and that made it seem like "skin" was part of the skin's name which is false. There is no such then as the skin "GBAtemp Classic Skin" it's just "GBAtemp Classic". I know that sounds really really picky and snobby but if all the choices had "skin" at the end of their name you could say it didn't change anything but the fact that one of the choices "GBAtemp Lite" didn't have the word "skin" at the end makes it really the only skin that actually exists in the choices.
Would it be biased if I said the question made perfect sense to me?
well, the skin you picked doesn't really exist but that's ok.
rolleyes.gif

It's called "GBAtemp Classic" not "GBAtemp Classic Skin"

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowXP said:
people just need to learn not to be sore losers and deal with a tricky question instead of trying to get it omitted...
there's a difference between a tricky question and a question that has no right answer. It's not really a big deal, I am still greatful
yaynds.gif
for the opportunity and really happy for the comp but please don't say people are being sore losers when the question clearly is worded to have no right answer.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
After a long discussion with other members of the staff we've decided to discard question 3, due to its ambiguity.
I'm closing this topic as another one will be posted in a couple of minutes!

Stay tuned
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn