Now with more MOOSE!!!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just wanted to get a head start on collecting all the bugs that might be found on this new board, so if you found something you think is a bug please list it as well as you can telling us everything that you did to mess up our new board...

Ok... Kidding aside, if you run into a glitch let us know...

Chakal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think you guys forgot to remove an option in our control panel... "Purchase Paid Subscriptions"
lecture.gif

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have absolutely no clue, but on that screenshot it almost seems as if I was actually between mod and member...
blink.gif

Can you hover my name and see if something comes up? On some pages, these are keywords, which have tooltip text with some kind of additionnal infos when you hover them. That's what the dashed underline reminds me...

P.S. I know I'm not the first, but try Firefox!
tongue.gif
You might really like it, and who knows, this might be a spyware which has info on ME...
blink.gif
tongue.gif

EDIT : I've replied too late... Hey, at least I wasn't 100% wrong with my hover theory!
tongue.gif

- Vince989

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, you're right Icarus, it does mean "reading" or "replying".
I haven't seen any other people italicized, probably becuase they all take advantage of Fast Reply.
biggrin.gif

Vince989

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Since I'm guessing you want most of them, I'll tell you this little detail I noticed...

There is a glitch with the main page in Firefox 1.0 (not IE 6.0) , the image isn't quite at the top. While it is on other pages, the portal is the exception I have noticed, it is around 6-10 pixels from the top...

Not big at all, but a small glitch nonetheless...
wink.gif

(this one might be a pain, as this kind of CSS-related glitch is often hard to track down... Only attempt to fix it when you'll have a good amount of time on your hands and a good deal of courage...
wink.gif
It might be even harder to find since it only happens in Firefox and not in IE...
tongue.gif
)

- Vince989

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the time's off.  It says 10:40-ish on the board clock, but it's past 11.  I've already checked my  time zone, and it's right.

True it's 8:35 right now, when I post this message it should show 8:35, pending that you're in Pacific Standard Time but the minutes are what matters here.

What do you know? 9:07, this makes the GBAtemp clock around 30 minutes fast I guess. *shrugs*

Vince989

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Something I had noticed earlier, but which is now a lot more obvious...

Some sigs can break up the tables for a user's posts, as can be seen here. Either validate the sigs as they are being input, or just edit his sig so it is okay...
tongue.gif

- Vince989

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
How long is the session expiration thing, because it's still showing posts from 5 hours ago maked as new and unread (because I haven't read them obviously, but I don't plan to).

Edit:
Also, the gOnline pages recently started stretching. It didn't happen earlier in the day. I'm using a 1024x768 resolution.
Seems to be caused by either the drop-down menu or the list of roms.
gbatempstretch1rd.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I fixed ajdude's post bug, actually it was his sig that was messed up
tongue.gif

also, don't forget to clear the cache (or full refresh ==> Ctrl+F5)

I'll check the other bugs

sorry for the 10-posting !!
biggrin.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE(Dark[Devil said:
@ Jan 14 2005, 01:27 AM)]Perhaps not a bug, but a needed upgrade.. Same thing right
biggrin.gif
lol
webpoll.jpg

Shouldn't it show the %'s
smile.gif

thats normal .... if you want the numbers, just click on "Discuss the poll"
smile.gif
hehe
(it looks better on the portal w/out the numbers)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Two things, first the RSS is displaying some titles oddly:
gbatemprss4ef.gif

Second, could the links in the rom info news posts be fixed so they don't load in a new window/tab? The links are "Click here" (next to "View NFO"), "Vote here", and "# staff notes".

When I send a PM, it doesn't save the sent message in my sent folder.
There's a checkbox on the PM form that says "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder". But it's a bit irritating to remember to check it everytime. It could easily be modified to be on by default though (or have an user option to have it set to default).

about the links, it's a good idea indeed ... I'll see what I can do
smile.gif

and, the RSS is fixed! (big thanks Hunter!
bow.gif
)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
The Forum Rules is dated 2nd of february 2005
Board time doesn't correspond with the actual time even with GMT offset - it's 25 minutes slow.

mellow.gif

Why is there a warn 0% with five squares next to it under my avatar? 
blink.gif
I fear we might not be able to chagne the board time ... unless there is an option in the Admin CPanel, the only way to change it is to directly access the server shell ... and we DONT own the server so we can't change its date
frown.gif

edit: ......... but there IS an option
grog.gif
I'll adjust it now !
edit2: done !

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Since I'm guessing you want most of them, I'll tell you this little detail I noticed...

There is a glitch with the main page in Firefox 1.0 (not IE 6.0) , the image isn't quite at the top. While it is on other pages, the portal is the exception I have noticed, it is around 6-10 pixels from the top...

Not big at all, but a small glitch nonetheless...
wink.gif

(this one might be a pain, as this kind of CSS-related glitch is often hard to track down... Only attempt to fix it when you'll have a good amount of time on your hands and a good deal of courage...
wink.gif
It might be even harder to find since it only happens in Firefox and not in IE...
tongue.gif
)

- Vince989

well, I could never get it working
frown.gif
I tried a lot though ... on IE it works fine, but there's still a margin on FF and I can't seem to fix it

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
How long is the session expiration thing, because it's still showing posts from 5 hours ago maked as new and unread (because I haven't read them obviously, but I don't plan to).

Edit:
Also, the gOnline pages recently started stretching. It didn't happen earlier in the day. I'm using a 1024x768 resolution.
Seems to be caused by either the drop-down menu or the list of roms.
gbatempstretch1rd.gif

1. about the session expiration thing, what do you propose instead ?
2. I'm trying to fix it... maybe it's already fixed, or not, I can't get the bug anymore
blink.gif

sorry for the 10-posting !
shy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol