Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Quite a few of us are full of opinions and alot of us are also located on the western hemisphere of the world and may have some knowledge and some opinions on the poorest country in the west, Haiti.

I was challanged by my Gr. 12 Universty World Issues teacher (Ya I know im young) with a challanging but interesting topic. Yes, I already did my homework lol but I thought some fellow GBAtempers might have an opinion on this same topic and it's interesting to see other views on the world. Now the exact question was: With your introductory understanding on the Republic of Haiti write a 400-500 word proposal discussing at least 5 items on how you, as new leader/president of Haiti, would initiate the recovery process and bring Haiti into prosperity and stability over the next 10-15 years on a local/regional as well as a global scale. As you descrive your specific proposed agenda and timeline, incorporate date and knowledge from

- the CIA World Face Book, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...ok/geos/ha.html
- the CBC newsreels, http://www.haitisupport.gn.apc.org/fea_news_index.html

Now obviously im not asking anyone to reply to this or to write a 500 word essay or go research the topic but maybe you have 5 issues you would like to bring up, but I would love to hear some opinions from around the world maybe even from any Haitians on GBAtemp. I'm sure some people have some great opinions and it's nice to get away from the gaming scene to something a little more serious.

And as for my opinion, I don't wanna release it yet to keep a blank view for everyone else.

13375p34k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How long do you have to do this. I'm only in Grade 8 and I already think I have to much homework. Then I read your post and say the 400-500 words criteria, and almost fainted. Oh yeah, can you brief me in on the current situation in Haiti?

sonicstorm

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, 400 to 500 words is more or less an everyday assignment for us, just wait till you get to highschool lol.

This is a bit of background information/history from the CIA World Fact book

The native Taino Amerindians - who inhabited the island of Hispaniola when it was discovered by COLUMBUS in 1492 - were virtually annihilated by Spanish settlers within 25 years. In the early 17th century, the French established a presence on Hispaniola, and in 1697, Spain ceded to the French the western third of the island, which later became Haiti. The French colony, based on forestry and sugar-related industries, became one of the wealthiest in the Caribbean, but only through the heavy importation of African slaves and considerable environmental degradation. In the late 18th century, Haiti's nearly half million slaves revolted under Toussaint L'OUVERTURE. After a prolonged struggle, Haiti became the first black republic to declare its independence in 1804. The poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, Haiti has been plagued by political violence for most of its history. After an armed rebellion led to the forced resignation and exile of President Jean-Bertrand ARISTIDE in February 2004, an interim government took office to organize new elections under the auspices of the United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH). Continued violence and technical delays prompted repeated postponements, but Haiti finally did inaugurate a democratically elected president and parliament in May of 2006.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smart feller say what?

With your introductory understanding on the Republic of Haiti write a 400-500 word proposal discussing at least 5 items on how you, as new leader/president of Haiti, would initiate the recovery process and bring Haiti into prosperity and stability over the next 10-15 years on a local/regional as well as a global scale

well, i would make an icecream parade with icecream floats on icecream day. i would make education an option, not mandatory. i would eat all the good food in my palace. i would make video gaming an official sport. and in doing this, i would make haiti a very bad place for people to live so theyd all move away and i could rebuild haiti from scratch. the end.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Calogero91 said:
I thought some fellow GBAtempers might have an opinion on this same topic and it's interesting to see other views on the world.

Translation: I don't want to do this work I'm hoping enough of you will read these links and respond such that I can copy and paste your answers.

QUOTE(Calogero91 @ Sep 15 2008, 12:47 AM) And as for my opinion, I don't wanna release it yet to keep a blank view for everyone else.

Translation: I haven't done it yet and won't until you do my research for me.

George did this better on Seinfeld when he got his mentee to read that book for him and summarize it.

Two pieces of advice:
If you're going to ask for help here, just ask. No promise that anyone will help your lazy ass out, but there's more chance than you faking it in this transparent way.

Second, there's a a biography of Paul Farmer that talks a lot about Haiti (I think, my memory's pretty hazy). Read it, might help you (though I doubt you will, what with this self serving topic and all).

sonicstorm

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kikuchiyo said:
Calogero91 said:
I thought some fellow GBAtempers might have an opinion on this same topic and it's interesting to see other views on the world.

Translation: I don't want to do this work I'm hoping enough of you will read these links and respond such that I can copy and paste your answers.

QUOTE(Calogero91 @ Sep 15 2008, 12:47 AM) And as for my opinion, I don't wanna release it yet to keep a blank view for everyone else.

Translation: I haven't done it yet and won't until you do my research for me.

George did this better on Seinfeld when he got his mentee to read that book for him and summarize it.

Two pieces of advice:
If you're going to ask for help here, just ask. No promise that anyone will help your lazy ass out, but there's more chance than you faking it in this transparent way.

Second, there's a a biography of Paul Farmer that talks a lot about Haiti (I think, my memory's pretty hazy). Read it, might help you (though I doubt you will, what with this self serving topic and all).

Honestly, what is your problem? Regardless if this was an assignment or not I want to hear other peoples opinions and GBAtemp is full of lively members and unfortunately some people that are just (excuse my language mods) f*cking as*holes.

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would become a tyrannical dictator and use the country as the core base in my plan for world domination. Mwahahahaha!!

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Calogero91 said:
Honestly, what is your problem? Regardless if this was an assignment or not I want to hear other peoples opinions and GBAtemp is full of lively members and unfortunately some people that are just (excuse my language mods) f*cking as*holes.

Translation: You're right, but why should you care? Getting my homework done for free by the internet masses is a right!

Hah, am I now?
I just calls 'em like I sees 'em.

And on top of that, I'm not sure why anyone would care what your opinion on Haiti is (I mean unless of course you are the above-mentioned Paul Farmer or writing for The Economist).

sonicstorm

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you GBAtemp for your opinions, Mods please close this thread if you can. I can't take what GBAtemp has become, its declining every year and flooded with rude and useless members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme