Gaming .GCF files

Quanno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
.GCF files are the files for steam thingies...i dunno much about it, because i have a pirated version of the game Portal. I was planning to create a dutch version of it, but I can't change the .wav files in the GCF files. Is there any way to change them?

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use GCFScape (Google it) to open the .GCF containers, then use an audio editing program like LAME to change the .wav file.
Simple as
wink.gif

Quanno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, i tried it, everything works, but one thing don't.
I used Audacity to open them but I can't save them directly back

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah. You can't save them back in the GCF, because it would lose it's integrity. You have to place the files into your *account* folder, in the same subdirectory as in the GCF. For example if you took a file out of the "portal content.gcf/portal/sound/ambient", you have to place the changed file in "*youraccount*/portal/sound/ambient"...

You may have to create dirs to place the file right, but in conclusion the modified file will be loaded by steam, instead of the original one.

Quanno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hx6b13.jpg

I used a torrent to download, but I didn't knew in which folder i had to extract it, so
I just put it in this folder. So where do I need to make the new folders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...