Gears 3 beta.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is fucking frustrating. The shotgun is still overpowered.
mad.gif
The sawed off isn't what i'm talking about though. My whole team could be rapeing them, but they all switch to shotguns, then 9 times out of ten, they'll just fucking bend us over. No tactics, just straight up rushing. It's fucking bullshit. If they can't balance the shotgun, or not give a choice which one they start with, then I'll just be renting gears 3.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gears 2 made the shotty useless. Unless that changed, I did play it right at launch.
You'd think they'd learn, "K guys, too strong in 1, too weak in 2...we got this for 3."

I've never found Gears to be an overly amazing game. Gorey and pretty (not literally...) graphics, but not much past that.

Lets hope they don't fuck up multiplayer at launch this time.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Gears 2 made the shotty useless. Unless that changed, I did play it right at launch.
You'd think they'd learn, "K guys, too strong in 1, too weak in 2...we got this for 3."

I've never found Gears to be an overly amazing game. Gorey and pretty (not literally...) graphics, but not much past that.

Lets hope they don't fuck up multiplayer at launch this time.

And yet people say it's "genre-changing". Got chewed out once for saying it's a mediocre title. And the shotgun is MORE overpowered now? How'd they manage that...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They should just make the shotgun shoot a burst of exploding laser chainsaws and be done with it.

I never understood the praise for Gears either. The most innovative thing it brought to the table was a very cool gun reloading system. Otherwise it just had a typical subpar shooter story, an alright but already outclassed cover system, chunky roid raging characters who honestly feel tank-like to control, and good amounts of gore.
Gears is great for a rental, but it's not as amazing as people seem to claim it is.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's where I disagree with both of you. The story of gears has to be one of the most creative shooter stories. Halo was a sci-fi shooter revolving around aliens (done), Call of Duty was... Well, call of duty. The whole thing about gears is that it's as close as you're gonna get to fighting in a current apocalypse as you're going to get. It's either post apocalypse, of save the world before the apocalypse. Never, "Okay, we're all gonna die sooner or later in the shit, so might as well make a futile attempt." It's bleak, gory, and a totally new experience.

Honestly, I never touched the PvP of Gears 2. It was always horde mode. This beta tells me that I haven't missed out on anything. So, I will be buying the 3rd iteration for the sake of horde mode. Which was the only reason I bought Halo: Reach [Firefight].

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: