Country
United States
pikachu945 said:
Joe88 said:
pikachu945 said:
powerking56 said:
pikachu945 said:
so the best idea for me to sign out of PSN while I am playing homebrew lol
so my friends don't see what I am doing and one more question will sony ban me???

I also wonder will sony ban you? I mean KaKaroto's CFW had no problems and nobody was banned so do we have the same kind of guarantee as that??
can I just make a new account if sony bans me? lol
its a system ban just like 360
yeah but the thing is this is not a jailbreak lol
what does jailbreak have to do with anything
you installed cfw onto the ps3 most likely violating their TOS and allows them to ban the system

powerking56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pikachu945 said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
powerking56 said:
pikachu945 said:
so the best idea for me to sign out of PSN while I am playing homebrew lol
so my friends don't see what I am doing and one more question will sony ban me???

I also wonder will sony ban you? I mean KaKaroto's CFW had no problems and nobody was banned so do we have the same kind of guarantee as that??
You'll find out soon enough is sony will ban you for using geohot's custom firmware.

is Kakarotos firmware is it the same as geohots?

I don't think so, for if it was the same geohot would have no reason to re-release the CFW....

powerking56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pikachu945 said:
hmm so what is the difference? I wonder lol

I think someone stated that the difference was that Kakaroto's was an unsigned firmware which can play signed homebrew and vice versa for geohot's... but I may be entirely wrong on this matter....

powerking56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pikachu945 said:
what do I do keep it this way or go back to offical? lol

I am unsure as to what to do, but seeing as there isn't a major difference between this and Kakaroto's I think you can stay on geohot's.... I've yet to hear anyone getting a banhammer lol!

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if Sony releases another update say 3.60 will I still be able to use the PlayStation Store
and Multiplayer online with black ops lol

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kinnikuman said:
How exactly do you Un-Jailbreak the PS3 after going the GeoHot route?
Recovery Mode

Step 1:Power down you PS3 console and put USB drive.
Step 2: Now press and hold the power button, the system will startup and shutdown again.
Step 3:Release the power button, then press and hold power again, you’ll hear one beep followed by two consecutive beeps.
Step 4:Release power then follow the on-screen instructions. You’re now in the recovery menu.
Step 5:Select “System Update.”
Step 6:Choose Update via Storage Media

Kinnikuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pikachu945 said:
Kinnikuman said:
Recovery Mode

Step 2: Now press and hold the power button, the system will startup and shutdown again.
Step 3:Release the power button, then press and hold power again, you’ll hear one beep followed by two consecutive beeps.
Step 4:Release power then follow the on-screen instructions. You’re now in the recovery menu.

And that allows you to keep all your various data (saves, downloaded titles, etc.) or?
Thanks for answering!

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kinnikuman said:
pikachu945 said:
Kinnikuman said:
Recovery Mode

And that allows you to keep all your various data (saves, downloaded titles, etc.) or?
Thanks for answering!

yes it does I tried it eariler today lol
don't forget to download the offical 3.55 PS3UPDAT.PUP file from Sony though

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I guess that I can start reviewing PS3 Homebrew! SNES9x definitely caught my eye. If somebody could point me in the right direction to the latest version, I'll get on it.
happy.gif
I found a version on PS3-Hacks, but I'm not convinced it will work because the PKG files state they are for 1.92 (with and without 576p enabled) or for 3.41. I don't want to start installing something for review purposes until I know for sure that I've got the latest and safest. Any info on that?

Now, I'm not downing GeoHot (because he is doing a lot for the community), but I'm sticking with KaKaRoTo's CFW. I've tested it myself, it works, and I trust it. GeoHot keeps releasing all these various files and packages for folks to compile themselves and that actually intimidates me. I tried compiling my own edit of WAD Manager 1.7 before, and it never worked out. I couldn't understand why it wouldn't work. So I'm sticking with what I know works an what I can easily use.

bloodred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MarcusRaven said:
Okay, so I guess that I can start reviewing PS3 Homebrew! SNES9x definitely caught my eye. If somebody could point me in the right direction to the latest version, I'll get on it.
happy.gif
I found a version on PS3-Hacks, but I'm not convinced it will work because the PKG files state they are for 1.92 (with and without 576p enabled) or for 3.41. I don't want to start installing something for review purposes until I know for sure that I've got the latest and safest. Any info on that?

Now, I'm not downing GeoHot (because he is doing a lot for the community), but I'm sticking with KaKaRoTo's CFW. I've tested it myself, it works, and I trust it. GeoHot keeps releasing all these various files and packages for folks to compile themselves and that actually intimidates me. I tried compiling my own edit of WAD Manager 1.7 before, and it never worked out. I couldn't understand why it wouldn't work. So I'm sticking with what I know works an what I can easily use.

can Kakaratos firmware run geohot signed homebrew?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A signed PKG should be a signed PKG, and should work on any CFW that allows its installation. (Unless there's something I've missed along the road here.)

If GeoHot's signing Homebrew to only work on his CFW, then he's lost my support. Monopolizing this stuff is just wrong.

So is the currently signed version of SNES9x signed by GeoHot, or somebody else?

Kinnikuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure a signed package is just a signed package and it will work on anybody's CFW... If not that would be kinda lame. The whole "signing" process is way over my head, but I'm just looking forward to some good homebrew.

powerking56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pikachu945 said:
I wonder if Sony releases another update say 3.60 will I still be able to use the PlayStation Store
and Multiplayer online with black ops lol

Generally I am pretty sure it would just make it so you can't hack it again till another hack is found. The possibility of bricking your console still persists however. If anything I'd wait to get an okay from geohot or some of the higher PS3 hackers before updating.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick question about this CFW stuff. Do any of them remove anything crucial from the XMB? I remember reading recently that one of the CFW removes trophies and another feature (Forgot which). Although I wouldn't mind the trophy part, I still want to be as cautious as possible when the time that I decide to CFW my only working PS3 comes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1