• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

George Floyd bodycam footage leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chains

GBAtemp Drifter
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George was saying "I can't breath" while sitting in the police unit, before he was on the ground.
He was on an opioid (fentanyl) & also on methamphetamine. One is a downer, one is an upper.
When you take an opioid it slows your heart rate & depresses your nervous system. When you take an upper you're going to up your heart rate. When you mix the two its "speedballing".
Your body & nervous system is simultaneously being sped up & slowed down, causing incredible stress on the heart.
If you read the reports George died when his heart stopped beating.
He had a heart attack, his heart was under a lot of stress.
You can hear officers say he was already foaming at the mouth, couple that with him freaking out, heart problems & covid, sickle cell.

These are facts alright, nothing to debate. I also don't care to convince any of you of anything.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
George was saying "I can't breath" while sitting in the police unit, before he was on the ground.
You realize this makes what the cops did worse, right? "Oh, guy says he can't breathe, let me put my knee and body weight on his neck. That'll surely clear up his airway." This shows there was undoubtedly malicious intent, or even the intent to kill in their actions. Whether he was or wasn't on drugs is completely irrelevant, there's not a single state in this country that hands out the death penalty for simple possession/being high at the time of arrest.

As for the argument of, "well cops kill white people too!" ...Yeah, they do. The majority of people they kill annually are white, but on top of that, they still manage to kill black people and Latinos at a rate disproportionate with their populations. If anything, this just reinforces the reasons why everybody should be in favor of police reform and/or redistributing some of their funding. We can do better than trigger-happy high school dropouts when it comes to responding to non-violent scenarios.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USA:

2017 - white people killed by police 457
2018 - white people killed by police 399
2019 - white people killed by police 370
2020 - white people killed by police 215

2017 - black people killed by police 223
2018 - black people killed by police 209
2019 - black people killed by police 235
2020 - black people killed by police 111

2017 - Hispanic people killed by police 179
2018 - Hispanic people killed by police 148
2019 - Hispanic people killed by police 158
2020 - Hispanic people killed by police 71

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to improve those #'s. At least they are not going up in any great way.

Medical malpractice kills anywhere from 250,000 people per year to 440,000 in the USA from what I could find.

Your odds of being killed by a cop are very low if you do not participate in crime.

Your odds of dying due to a medical error are significantly higher which impacts EVERYONE. Seems like attention should be spent on other areas if you want to prioritize unjust deaths in our country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM