Misc Get game saves back after resetting 3ds

Lucster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get my pictures/save back from a game called face raiders that comes with the 3ds. When i was trying to homebrew it, i factory reset the console and now that i modded it all my data is gone. I have the boot9.bin file and my essential.exefs is corrupted. I do have the original 3ds folder and the titles. I tried restoring my saves with checkpoint but it wont detect face raiders. Any help??

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Face Raiders is an internal (NAND) title saving it's data to NAND as well. Factory reset ("Format System Memory") throws away the user profile and changes encryption keys.
Before factory reset two or three warnings are given that all personal data is going to be erased. Shouldn't be a big surprise.

I don't remember if Checkpoint even supports NAND titles. Either Checkpoint or JKSM has a setting that could be changed with any text editor to enable backup+restore NAND title save data. In any case such a backup must be created before factory reset (which isn't even needed for installing custom firmware).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol