Getting agressive to the devices

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
:hateit:
Someone here had actually acted like this sometime? I mean, do you get mad and physically relieve the frustration on it?
It common when using a device like computer, or playing something, we get mad, or with a very dumb nonflexible person to don't see to get the point you wnat to show them (or is trolling you ...), a game we are very concentrated but everything went wrong or something...
For me... I'm kinda of a temperamental person ... I don't usually get mad but when I get I lost the control (not intentional pun XD)
But by "relieve the anger/frustration" on devices I have some histories...
the first one I can remember, not very well, was my first tamagochi, probably an bootleg of rakuraku dinokun... I'm not sure if I was mad because I could not make it evolved different, some other defect or my older bro were teasing me or something else but I throw it on floor few times and it broke the LCD screen... OTL rip dinokun
I don't remind why but I also throw some few times (not sequential like with dinokun) my snes and n64 controllers but no issues with this, probably I had damaged the floor :rofl:
Other way I really broken in part my computer keyboard ( an cheap one so not a loss) playing Grand Chase.. I wasn't that salty but it not being able to do what I wanted even messed with me and it gave an worse loss I gonna tell soon ... I was giving my keyboard some punches times in times, matches in matches, have some key that broke apart glued and one time (actually in a discussion the guy don't really looked like was reading what I was typing ...)it just broke it that was really easier buy a new one and take more care (also damaged the table and the chair in the process ... good that now I have a nice new table! yay XD)
And the one that hurt me most... my old 3DS ... one time I got angry playing smash online that I just closed it with too much force and gave it a punch .. opened again and " an error occurred restart the console" , but it never turned on again .. I still trying to revive, and not giving up it but not much success :cry: (I haven't admitted really what I did there because I was full of shame but anyway ...) at least now I discount punching my leg instead, and I learned a lot of the o3DS inner anatomy /run
Ok, I should really stop playing fighting games competitively OTL
Well, but I know I'm not alone here, some friends here had destroyed ps4, even game cube controller by similar problems, but if something you are playing are letting you mad, the best idea is stop and do something else:yaynds:!
But, well, this happens. Do you also have some similar histories to share?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Busted a cheap laptop because I accidentally shot a bb at it... Wasn't level headed at the time.

I've broken many a thing out of anger and frustration. I think my record is 27 Xbox controllers. Shit adds up quick.

Last edited by Kioku,
D

Deleted User

I'm typically very mellow, so I can't say that I've ever broken any gaming peripherals out of anger.

Reactions: zezzo
D

Deleted User

I only really every broke 1 thing that way, a mouse I had just recently bought that I threw at the wall and busted. Cost me 30 quid with a keyboard and was pissed at myself afterwards, but still.

Edit: Oh! A headset aswell. 20 quid headset I bought. Was playing overwatch at the time and got really tilted and just bounced the headset off the floor.

Last edited by ,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Threw my SNES controller a few times as a kid when playing some of the more difficult levels in Super Mario World.

It's rare that I get that angry any more, but more recently last Christmas I was putting up decorations, and these light-up candy canes were made with cheap plastic that broke easily when putting them in the ground. I got pissed off and grabbed one of them and slammed it against the porch railing. Porch railing was fine, but the entire candy cane shattered into small fragments, even the wires inside. I was expecting the top to break, but didn't expect for the entire cane to shatter.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
as a spoiled brat kid i used to break stuff in purpose so my parents would get me better expensier stuff

other than that, i was a smart kid. i knew they are machines and releasing frustration in them is pointless and dumb, they are machines, they don't "get scared" and start working, and my frustration was created by me..

Last edited by migles,

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
as a spoiled brat kid i used to break stuff in purpose so my parents would get me better expensier stuff

other than that, i was a smart kid. i knew they are machines and releasing frustration in them is pointless and dumb, they are machines, they don't "get scared" and start working, and my frustration was created by me..
well it's not about making the thing learn not let you mad hahah it's like you get made and want to relieve some way.. people with more control can do it without colateral damages hhha

and my frustration was created by me..
Are you also a machine? hahaha If you can control it this deeply ... idk emotions make part of the enjoyment... is like watching a movie and getting emotional, if we gonna get think " nah it's just people acting in a scenery and computer made stuff" it gonna be a waste...
Of couse it's not nice to feel anger, it's destructive in lot of ways hahah but is a signal that we are involved with whet we are doing ô_o

I only really every broke 1 thing that way, a mouse I had just recently bought that I threw at the wall and busted. Cost me 30 quid with a keyboard and was pissed at myself afterwards, but still.

Edit: Oh! A headset aswell. 20 quid headset I bought. Was playing overwatch at the time and got really tilted and just bounced the headset off the floor.
I think this is the worse part, we don't just lost something but be all " what have I done ..."

Reactions: Quantumcat

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Normally not. But I frequently got mad at my first laptop for several reasons:
It was slow (what do you expect for a 2004 laptop with a single core AMD, 512MB RAM and SiS graphics)
And the wifi dropped out constantly when I was in the middle of things. Though that's not really the laptop's fault, I had to leech the neighbors wifi because my mom was too cheap to get DSL.

Combine those two, and the end result was that I hit the laptop frequently. Not hard, because I didn't want to break it, but hard enough to alleviate my anger just a little.
The hard drive still survived for a few years through my abuse, and would likely have given up eventually anyway. It didn't fail outright, but Windows would freeze when trying to access it. It was a tiny 20 or 40 GB drive and was replaced with a much more reasonable 160 GB, I recovered all the data off the old drive, so nothing of value was lost.

I would never do that to any electronics I actually cared about, or which was actually worth any money, but that laptop was just so shitty overall that I really didn't care, plus I was a lot more immature at the time and more prone to violent outbursts.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I've thrown the controller to floor on a few occasions, thinking about it now, only one game has ever got me to do this as i'm usually pretty chilled.

Luckily enough didn't do any major damage.

Damn you Dark Souls

D

Deleted User

I once sorta broke a PS3 controller when I was 7 or something. I was playing Little Big Planet with my dad, and I kept dying. I threw the controller on the ground and stormed off to my room. I didn't see it, but apparently the controller split open.

The closest thing to that I've had happen recently was when I accidentally had my iPhone 4S fly a third of the way across the room, and SOMEHOW hardly get damaged. I threw it at the cushion of the couch I always sit on and it bounced off because I threw it too hard.

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I know the video game consoles or the controllers doesn't have the fault about my feelings and I know I'm going to regret later, so I haven't broke those stuff by the anger, if I'm very angry I hit my punch to the wall or bed, but i don't throw those things.
When I was a kid a child gave me secret of mana for the gba, it was ok until the last boss, it was half hour until I realize there were like 3 transformation of the monster, i die so I thought, do I still want to do this? I chose not to, i picked a rock and I broke the cardtridge, it was a thought process not mainly done by anger, i still don't regret what I did, it was a liberating experience

Reactions: Quantumcat
S

Saiyan Lusitano

My Android phone had a clunky issue, i.e., it would auto-reboot by itself but after I removed the games (which mind you, I never even bothered to play much to actually care) it fixed the issue.

It still feels weird that this is a thing but other people on the web have talked about this happening to them too.

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know the video game consoles or the controllers doesn't have the fault about my feelings and I know I'm going to regret later, so I haven't broke those stuff by the anger, if I'm very angry I hit my punch to the wall or bed, but i don't throw those things.
well, I learned by the bad way :x but sometimes it more about autocontrol than knowing the basic xD
When I was a kid a child gave me secret of mana for the gba, it was ok until the last boss, it was half hour until I realize there were like 3 transformation of the monster, i die so I thought, do I still want to do this? I chose not to, i picked a rock and I broke the cardtridge, it was a thought process not mainly done by anger, i still don't regret what I did, it was a liberating experience

aw man :c

Reactions: DrkBeam

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I deem something beyond economical repair I might see how well it survives my press or vice or scavenge whatever I care to scavenge without the sort of care I might use when fixing something. Getting mad and punching/breaking/destroying things does not accomplish anything to me.

Songs because why not

D

Deleted User

I failed osu! map at the very end, smashed my keyboard so hard that it literally broke itself.
It was only once but JESUS THAT WAS ANNOYING

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1