Ghost of Tsushima 18 minute gameplay reveal

SQUARE.jpg

Yesterday's PlayStation State of Play was all about the upcoming PS4 exclusive; Ghost of Tsushima.
Developer Suckerpunch showed 18 minutes of the open-world samurai/shinobi hybrid action game. Check it out below:

Ghosts of Tsushima was originally meant to release in June but has been delayed until July 17th.

:arrow: Ghost of Tsushima Official Site

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think so too. This open world madness in every bigger game has to stop.
cant see tht hapnin as i think majority of players me included want to explore games like fallout and botw and finding locations-players want freedom in ther games

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's to much assanssins creed like, even the UI is the same, and the problem is that it's boring in the long run, also this formula is overused for all ubisoft games.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
It might just be my pc or youtube but there's nothing special about the graphics; still seems like a 2017 game. i don't find anything interesting in either exploration/combat. oh and the AI is not good from what they shown. "Oh an archer standing 3 meters away who keeps shooting and shouting waiting for player to kill him". the ghost mode is also cringy. i don't know, i think my standards became so high after BoTW. i don't like this one.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yet another PS4 exclusive that i'm not interested in... it's actually sad really, everyone praises these games like they're amazing and revolutionary but i just can't seem to find anything in it that makes me want to instantly play it
maybe i just don't get it?

It's the latter. lol

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
cant see tht hapnin as i think majority of players me included want to explore games like fallout and botw and finding locations-players want freedom in ther games

I like BOTW and open world games in general, but somehting like AC Odyssey or RDR is just too much, the map is so big and so riddled with markers... seems to be big for the sake of being big (that said I did enjoy those two)

IMHO BOTW did it better than most in that the world is huge but you don't really have so many filler quests, you're just exploring for the sake of it and not to clear an item on the quest list.

At some point too much is too much. I'd rather have a smaller more condensed experience.
This game looks nice though. Maybe it has the right balance.

Reactions: shaunj66

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was initially excited for this game but this reveal was a huge disappointment for me. It looks so cookie-cutter. Besides the setting and the few gimmicks like the wind and animals to guide you I don't see anything that makes this game unique. This reveal just seemed to go through and tick off all the open world game design tropes we've become seen before.

Maybe I'm just tired of open world games. I've always preferred linear.

I feel the same. Open World games have become too boring.

Reactions: shaunj66

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only issue with open world games is the current over-saturated market. I haven't played many truly open games other than BOTW and Skyrim, but I have no desire to. If I wanted to, it doesn't seem like I'd be worse off picking Assassin Creed over Fallout, or GTA over Outer Worlds. The flow of these games seems so cookie cutter.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It may seem some of you hav game burnout over openworld games or games in general - mayb take a month off and do something else then see how you feel when start over

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
i don't know, i think my standards became so high after BoTW.
Lol seriously? So BoTW have better graphics and better AI? Are sure about that? Because I remember BoTW graphics was so simple and the AI almost doesn't exist, or it could be my switch is fake idk.
High standards ha.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This & The Last Of Us 2 Will Be The Last 2 Games I Ever Buy On My Dusty Old Ps4 Pro ........... Only Because they are Exclusives .................. & Not Coming To Pc .......... Hope i can name my Samurai " Ogami Itto " & My Horse " Diagaro " ... he keeps saying c'mon nabo .. in the clip so its doubtful but still looks fun gotta have it ........ but is it just me this is Assassins Creed Odyssey With a Samurai.. Mixed with Seiko Die Twice ......... non to original ... but still when its on sale i will grab it ... Until Then Back To Morroblivion for me ... ruddy loving that this week ...

Last edited by SuperDan,
Reactions: LuigiXL

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol seriously? So BoTW have better graphics and better AI? Are sure about that? Because I remember BoTW graphics was so simple and the AI almost doesn't exist, or it could be my switch is fake idk.
High standards ha.
What the AI in zelda was wel above average - especially those lasers it wasn't just a hack and slash you needed good timing a lot of the time on most of the enemies and the graphics style was superb considering it was first switch game tht was really ment for wii u

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
High standards ha.

sorry for the misunderstanding, i thought it's a common sense that whenever people talk about nintendo games, graphics is not to be compared to other platforms. what i was talking about was the overall experience, botw raised my standards for open world, do whatever you want, games.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I’m sold but being a casual gamer these days the crippling difficultly of Sekiro and Nioh have put me off these sword wielding games.

Tamunya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
I was initially excited for this game but this reveal was a huge disappointment for me. It looks so cookie-cutter. Besides the setting and the few gimmicks like the wind and animals to guide you I don't see anything that makes this game unique. This reveal just seemed to go through and tick off all the open world game design tropes we've seen a hundred times before.

Maybe I'm just tired of open world games. I've always preferred linear.
It's Suckerpunch, so it's not surprising, really. Infamous wasn't a bad series but even as a pinched Sony title, it never got the recognition. Sly was pretty fun and had unique ideas but the annoying characters and story brought it down. All they ever made was just passable or good, depending on whether or not you're into the theme. And Ghost seems to be the same. And I see praising the combat when it's literally a mix of Assassin's Creed (even the enemy alert mark is the same) + Nioh + more violence since Sony seems to be favoring brutal visuals nowadays.

The footage seems nice and you can definitely see a good game there but I don't think I'll be picking it up. It's too violent, has too much copy-paste which doesn't feel original and the story seems forgettable based on what we've seen. If you'd strip away the expensive visuals, nobody would even be interested.

Copy-paste is ok as long as you try to work it out in such a way that feels original. Breath of the Wild takes a lot from Skyrim, Assassin's Creed and other things but again, it doesn't feel the same. When Ghost already seems the same. Rough example: when the combat started and the main hero went up to that "general" and initiated a fight, it reeked of Assassin's Creed / Far Cry thing with "mini-bosses", it's like they didn't even try to hide the copy-paste there.

Assassin's Creed has been trying to reinvent itself and I feel like the Internet is being the Internet and ignoring all AC is doing now just because "ah, it's not assassins anymore. It's not Desmond". Who is Desmond?? I barely remember his story and I played AC Brotherhood for more than 200 hours and every other entry in the series! He's a side character, at best. "Assassin's" element is still there. And it's like, do you want them to make new things? Or do you want them to conveyer games and just change the backgrounds?
Origins and Odyssey were pretty much the same thing in terms of gameplay, and I think that's ok since Origins changed the series a lot. Valhalla seems to be moving into different direction again but internet gets freaked out because "gameplay teaser" does not show enough, ok...

Last edited by Tamunya,
Reactions: Jonnysert

Jonnysert

Trophies
Website
giupviectheogio.com
XP
Country
Canada
I noticed when Samurai Jin finishes a battle, he swipes his sword in the air to clean off the blood, while “dishonorable” Ghost Jin doesn’t. That level of visual storytelling is so small, but it’s so cool to see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?