Gaming Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Discussion Thread

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Opium said:
Golden Sun creator Hiroyuki Takahashi talked to Joystiq in an interview recently and he mentioned the Solar Soothsayer Golden Sun fake I created back in 2007! Really cool.

QUOTE said:
Camelot may not have needed to worry so much about fans coming back. In 2007, in the absence of a DS Golden Sun, one fan went so far as to invent one. A fan going by the name "Opium" circulated a hoax about an upcoming game called Golden Sun: Solar Soothsayer, and later revealed to Vooks that he did so to generate more discussion about the series. Unfortunately, "Opium" can't take credit for the decision to create Dark Dawn, as Takahashi hadn't seen the Solar Soothsayer hoax until we pointed it out.

"'The Solar Soothsayer' sounds really cool," Takahashi opined. "I wonder how the story would go ... I want to see how it would turn out!" As an admitted fan of his own series, Takahashi mused about what it would be like to play a Golden Sun game without foreknowledge of every aspect. "I really love the gameplay and storyline of the Golden Sun series, so it's natural for us as developers and fans to be curious about how it would feel to play a game in the series without having spent years making it." Nintendo assistant producer Sato Yuya hadn't seen it before either, but said "We now understand that the fan who created this hoax image had a very strong desire for the sequel!"

Similar to everyone that's posted so far:

OMG! THAT WAS YOU!?
nutcase.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I've emailed Camelot. I'm hoping I can send the box of Dark Dawn to them when I get it and get them to sign it and send it back. That would be awesome. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to playing Dark Dawn when it comes out on December 2.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Opium said:
I've emailed Camelot. I'm hoping I can send the box of Dark Dawn to them when I get it and get them to sign it and send it back. That would be awesome. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to playing Dark Dawn when it comes out on December 2.
"Sure supervisor of a community full of pirates, I'll sign it for you and send it back"

tpi.gif

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
Wabsta said:
Opium said:
"Sure supervisor of a community full of pirates, I'll sign it for you and send it back"

tpi.gif
ohnoes.png

will they know?

A-Hacked-Soul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the IGN review was more then a little harsh.
The game is not meant to be ground breaking new.
It is holding its game type with what works.
And You can tell the they apparently never even played the first two.
The story was very in depth and yes the talking did go on forever, but it was well written.
Its not like FFXIII that was mostly a movie.

(Also if you look at all the comments on the review, other agree IGN has horrible reviews for none big hype games.)

I will be at my local GameStop at opening to pick up my copy.

hudsong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never played Golden Sun. I remember seeing the GBA game and trying to make my little brother buy it, but he said it looked boring. It will be interesting to jump into the series at a late point!

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A hacked Soul said:
I thought the IGN review was more then a little harsh.
The game is not meant to be ground breaking new.
It is holding its game type with what works.
And You can tell the they apparently never even played the first two.
The story was very in depth and yes the talking did go on forever, but it was well written.
Its not like FFXIII that was mostly a movie.

(Also if you look at all the comments on the review, other agree IGN has horrible reviews for none big hype games.)

I will be at my local GameStop at opening to pick up my copy.
Ign is full of retards and morons
They Hate JRPGs but they give the Highest Scores on the Shittiest games ever made
Halo 3 for example
they give bad games good reviews and good games bad scores
I dont trust them anymore

mcr619619

Trophies
XP
Country
I think IGN WAS great back in the time, but now they're famous( or infamous) for they're reviews, especially in JRPGs, they hate it... geez, never thought that when i was younger, i depend on IGN's game review in deciding if i'll play a game or not.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sterl500 said:
Wait, how long have I lived under that rock? I HAVE to see that image. Link to da threadz?

gssolar.jpg

QUOTECamelot may not have needed to worry so much about fans coming back. In 2007, in the absence of a DS Golden Sun, one fan went so far as to invent one. A fan going by the name "Opium" circulated a hoax about an upcoming game called Golden Sun: Solar Soothsayer, and later revealed to Vooks that he did so to generate more discussion about the series. Unfortunately, "Opium" can't take credit for the decision to create Dark Dawn, as Takahashi hadn't seen the Solar Soothsayer hoax until we pointed it out.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/23/golden-s...-new-game-hoax/

@Opium:
bow.gif

loserkidsblink18

Trophies
Website
ryanmcnamara.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Hoping this would've leaked before Thanksgiving. Not a giant fan of "sit around the TV and watch football with strangers".

What, I don't like Sports.

Or dark draft beer.

Or. Shut up.
angry.gif

And yes, I've actually pre-ordered the game already. I'm a good boy.

mcr619619

Trophies
XP
Country
i'd played GS 2, got far on it , XD... it was good but not that great, i'd tried 1 due to i cant understand some of the plot...never got onto it...

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
VentusVanitas said:
* Amazing graphics and beautifully animated summoning abilities that span both Nintendo DS screens let players experience the game like never before.

Sorry, my inner internetz made me do it.

QUOTE(VentusVanitas @ Nov 22 2010, 08:37 PM) Releases:
US 29/11
AUS 2/12
EUR 10/12

10/12?!

Crap! At the rate US releases are coming, I think I'll have to wait a while to get my hands on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land