Goomba wont load its own save file

Bongert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm using the Goomba GB and GBC emulators on my GBA Everdrive. when i play a game the emulator creates a save file in the emusave folder but wont read it the next time i boot the game. im not trying to load my own save file from another emulator or something, its literally its own save file the emulator creates itself yet wont read it. the files are all ".srm" and the file type for the ROMs is set to SRAM on the everdrive. what am i doing wrong?
Update: Ive learned that Goomba doesnt do autosaves and that i have to manually save with the L+R menu. problem is, its still not reading those either. i create a save, i can see that save in the "load save" menu. i can restart the game with the "exit" option and then load the save in but once i power down the system and start the game again the "load save" option doesnt show any saves anymore and my save is gone again. same thing with the "autoload save" option enabled.
curiously it also doesnt remember my settings for the color palette and frame but i dont know if its even supposed to be able to do that, youd think so at least.

Last edited by Bongert,

bdav33187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the Goomba GB and GBC emulators on my GBA Everdrive. when i play a game the emulator creates a save file in the emusave folder but wont read it the next time i boot the game. im not trying to load my own save file from another emulator or something, its literally its own save file the emulator creates itself yet wont read it. the files are all ".srm" and the file type for the ROMs is set to SRAM on the everdrive. what am i doing wrong?
Update: Ive learned that Goomba doesnt do autosaves and that i have to manually save with the L+R menu. problem is, its still not reading those either. i create a save, i can see that save in the "load save" menu. i can restart the game with the "exit" option and then load the save in but once i power down the system and start the game again the "load save" option doesnt show any saves anymore and my save is gone again. same thing with the "autoload save" option enabled.
curiously it also doesnt remember my settings for the color palette and frame but i dont know if its even supposed to be able to do that, youd think so at least.
Did you ever figure this out? I am also having this problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids